Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1928: Calypso Springs coming to Hurricane Harbor!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Brassinthegrass » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:01 pm

Jcoaster wrote:This is the only logical explanation. If I arrive Friday and don't see a brand new shiny Aquatrax on the Lakefront I'm burning my season pass immediately.

Start your fire pit...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:50 pm

BoulderDash wrote:Actually, I bet it's gonna be holiday in the park... :D

If it's holiday in the park and they run even a few coasters (besides the obvious 2) I'll be beyond ecstatic. I wish nobody had suggested this because now I'm in for such a letdown if it's anything else.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:20 pm

coasterbill wrote:
BoulderDash wrote:Actually, I bet it's gonna be holiday in the park... :D

If it's holiday in the park and they run even a few coasters (besides the obvious 2) I'll be beyond ecstatic. I wish nobody had suggested this because now I'm in for such a letdown if it's anything else.

Does not seen feasible to me to run any major coasters, nor would the event be popular (outside of those living within 10 miles of the park) when there are so many other entertainment options
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby coasterbill » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:30 pm

I would tend to agree but at their winter adventure event a few months ago they were very open abut the fact that they were seriously exploring the concept of doing a Holiday event with a many rides and coasters as possible and that they had already had multiple meetings about it so we have reason for optimism.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:55 pm

Let me add that both SFOG and SFMM both announced their HITP in April, I believe MM announced it April 8th so pretty close dates. Plus big bright and shiny all fit it...

I don't know about you guys but I'm sure a lot of people including myself would make a trip in December to ride a coaster :D

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:01 pm

If it is Holiday in the Park, and they're able to do it with at least some of the bigger coasters, I'd most likely go. But I agree that an event like this at Great Adventure would not be very successful.
Total Coasters: 140

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:50 am

Anybody know the operating temperatures for any of the rides? Any workers of the past?

Starting to get worried making the 9 hour trek for Saturday. With high 40s low 50s I'm afraid things won't be operating. Any insight? I'm having flashbacks to the valley of bizarro at SFNE during a test ride...

Postby coasterbill » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:06 am

anonymouscactus wrote:Anybody know the operating temperatures for any of the rides? Any workers of the past?

Starting to get worried making the 9 hour trek for Saturday. With high 40s low 50s I'm afraid things won't be operating. Any insight? I'm having flashbacks to the valley of bizarro at SFNE during a test ride...

Don't worry. Great Adventure has no interest whatsoever in temperature or weather in general. We rode Nitro last year in the sleet. I can't stress enough how much this park doesn't care.

And on that note (with the good stuff bolded for emphasis)

New Holiday in the Park® Festival Captures the Magic of the Season at Six Flags Great Adventure

This winter, the Santa tracker will lead right to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson. The world’s largest theme park announced today that Six Flags Entertainment’s annual holiday extravaganza — Holiday in the Park — will debut November 21 and run weekends and select days through January 3, 2016. Millions of glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, Santa’s village, animals and many popular rides will magically transform the summer thrill destination into a winter wonderland, and will be included with all season passes and active memberships.

Holiday in the Park will provide an escape from the hustle and bustle of the shopping rush, and a way for guests to create their own magical, memorable holiday moments. A visual feast will await just inside the gates as six areas of the park undergo a massive makeover that showcases the world’s best holiday traditions. Each area will be an emotional journey, and bring the warmth of the season to guests in an entirely new way.

“Holiday in the Park will be a winter spectacular on every family’s must-do list and is included with every season pass and membership,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald. “We have invested years of research into making this the most incredible and immersive seasonal experience it can be, combining holiday traditions with thrills that are uniquely Six Flags.”

Stunning light shows, illuminated, towering trees, the iconic smell of fresh pine and crisp peppermint filling the air and festive street vendors offering sweet and savory treats will provide a multi-sensory journey of winter delights. Kids can join Santa in his workshop and enjoy fun, hands-on crafts and activities. A new entertainment program will feature a tree lighting spectacular, grand stage production, live carolers and a nightly awe-inspiring finale. Regardless of the weather forecast, a touch of magic will ensure that snowflakes fall gently every evening.

Holiday in the Park also features nearly 30 thrilling rides such as SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel, Buccaneer, Parachutes and Tea Cups. Children can enjoy pint-sized thrills in the Adventure Seaport area. Coaster fans can conquer indoor coasters like THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster and Skull Mountain, and world-class coaster thrills like Nitro, BATMAN™: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN and SUPERMAN – Ultimate Flight, weather permitting.

Guests can create their own Holiday in the Park memories for free with a Six Flags Season Pass and active Membership. The event will be even merrier as meals are also included in the All Season Dining Plan program. More information about Holiday in the Park will be available on the web during the coming months.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 53 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park.

Six Flags Great Adventure delivers holiday thrills from world-class coasters to rides the entire family can enjoy together.

We’re well-known for thrills and serious coasters but we also have plenty family rides of that moms, dads and kids can all experience together. Most of our rides are open during Holiday in the Park. Check back often as we update our coasters and holiday-themed attractions.

Holiday in the Park Page

Woohoo!!!!!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:24 am

If the weather really allows them to get their B&Ms up and running in winter, sign me up. But this of course all remains to be seen. Its interesting that the park only lists their B&Ms, besides Bizarro.
Total Coasters: 140

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:48 am

They obviously wouldn't open that half of the park just so they can have Bizarro open...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!