Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby JaYmoNeY12 12 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:42 am

Not sure if this has been posted yet on this thread, but it looks like they started testing Wonder Woman this week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZfQO-bfS1g

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:38 am

That thing is massive.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby BDD27 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:16 pm

Went to the park today for a nice little trip and to pick up my season pass. Got to see wonder woman testing up close. I have to admit it is pretty impressive in action and it looks to be a great addition to the park. I actually had an enjoyable ride on green lantern in the back row so that was pretty cool. :lmao: The new pant job on superman is looking pretty good, but I hope this attention gets paid to all the coasters in the park eventually. From what it looked like where the park welded the coasters in the off season, they did not touch up the areas they welded. It was especially visible on Green Lantern and Batman, which is understandable considering they are pretty old.
IMG_20190419_135146.jpg
Wonder Woman doing a bit of testing today
IMG_20190419_124123.jpg
Here you can see what appears to be off-season welding done on Batman where the track is grey. It was visible all over the ride
IMG_20190419_121807.jpg
A little nod to my first coaster, still a pretty good mine train even today!
IMG_20190419_120609.jpg
Bizarro was running really well with all the effects working.
IMG_20190419_115406.jpg
I have a love hate relationship with this ride, I like the layout, but it loses points for being a stand up and killing my beloved scream machine. Regardless gave a good ride today!
IMG_20190419_120135.jpg
Didn't get to ride Toro today, although I'm interested how the track work in the twister section feels. I do wish they would use pouches like on some of the rmc coasters so I could use my phone in line.
IMG_20190419_124258.jpg
Nitro doing its thing, never giving a bad ride
IMG_20190419_154052.jpg
And that's a wrap for the day! I'm glad the weather held out and made for a nice day at my home park.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:55 pm

Going there for Autism Day in a week or two. Can't wait.
THE GRID

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Ohhhhhhh

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby willh51 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:15 am

For 2020 let’s focus on a nitro repaint and station makeover.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Bizarro at SFNE 4. Millennium Force 5. Raptor
6. Batman & Robin: The Chiller (defunct) 7. Nitro 8. Apollo's Chariot 9. Afterburn (Carowinds) 10. Lightning Racer

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:56 am

What... does the post-apocalyptic rust dripping sign not so it for ya?

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:09 pm

I gotta say, I absolutely HATE parks when there is an empty station and ops will make you walk all the way around to ride again... and not even exaduratingly empty, but literally empty...

Six Flags this morning did not disappoint. At Nitro we didn't even ask and the guy was even announcing over the speaker that if you want to stay on the ride and you are in an empty row you may do so. We rode the back row 5 times in a row without getting up. So good!!

One little thing like this made our day so much more enjoyable. I get so frustrated at other parks when it's an 8 minute walk around every single time. They don't take mobility issues into consideration, either.

Anyway, we had an awesome day.

Ka in the front row seemed extra crazy today for some reason, I've never felt a launch so intense and smooth from that ride. For the first time ever I'd say I even prefer it to Dragster.

Safari ride to ourselves (just me and my wife, we got a private tour!) no line at all the rides for the first few hours... unfortunately wind and mechanical breakdowns were a common theme but we got on everything we wanted minus Joker before 4pm.

And yes, that was several hours after opening. The park was a scary ghostown DEAD until 2 or so?

Toro only had one train so when I wanted to re-ride around 4p the line was crawling so I only got one ride in unfortunately. Had I known I would have gotten my skip the lines for that ride. Oh well.

The Lions on the "new" walkway were amazing and played with us through the glass (they were probably just hungry and wanted to eat us)

The baby bear they hand held was also adorable AF though I didn't get a photo as they were taking him away right when we arrived.

Only actual minor complaint was it literally took about 8 minutes for them to give me a bottle of water as a snack on the dining plan at the BBQ place. We were the only ones there and it took 3 people to come over to the register and about 8 scans to my membership card for them to get it right. Such a minor inconvenience but that's all I can really think of operational wise.

Tip: for those that don't like free water (I don't get the bottled water thing, but my wife on the other hand....) they cost an outrageous 5.49 (5.79?) ea or 2 for 10 at all the stands, but the vending machines still have them for 4.50. lol what a deal. Memberships would bring down the cost but thought I'd mention this huge money saving tip. ;)

Hershey tomorrow!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:04 am

anonymouscactus wrote:One little thing like this made our day so much more enjoyable. I get so frustrated at other parks when it's an 8 minute walk around every single time.

It's up to the park to decide what they want to do. I'd gladly walk through the length of an empty queue for another walk-on ride rather than feeling entitled to stay on the train if there are empty seats. I'm sure there's a reason for doing so based on past precedent from moronic behavior of park guests.

anonymouscactus wrote:They don't take mobility issues into consideration, either.

Parks have made quite a few considerations for people with mobility issues. Using this as an argument to your original point is reaching quite a bit.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:08 am

^ Sorry, I should have said other parks --don't always-- take them into consideration and stictly stick to policy. I'm only speaking when it comes to rerides. A recent trip to SeaWorld pissed off an elderly man who clearly had troubles walking long distances and taking small steps, had trouble going up stairs, I was behind him going through the queue. He wanted to ride again with 6 or 7 rows empty on Mako but they said he couldn't ride again. The point was he didn't have an alternate access pass and wanted to be like everyone else... he wanted to ride again and they said no. That was just one recent example that came to mind.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!