Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby PATTYCAKES » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:20 am

I'll say it plainer for you Bill. I am referring to the people in line for Guardian, The Bat, The Fly, Thunder Run, who have already bought FL+, but can't use it on these coasters. If these coasters were added to FL+, then these lines would be much shorter for the people who do not use FL+. Understand now Bill?
:mickey:

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:27 am

That makes no sense at all.

Fast passes generally do not have any impact on the length of the regular line and any enthusiast, especially one on this forum should understand this. Its simple, and if you needed a "plainer" explanation here you go:

The same people waiting in the fast pass queue would just be waiting in the regular line if there was no fast pass. So the wait would be the same.

Sure you can argue about the handful of enthusiasts that will abuse fast pass and ride over and over but we all know that only makes up a small percentage of people at any park.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby y2lukin » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:54 am

I would guess the increase to the Fast Lane lines is due to the promotion. Everyone that renewed their passes got a free FL+. That's a lot of people. It would be better if they made the free FL+ valid for next season instead of this one to spread out the user base IMO (or at least optional to use next year).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:53 am

^Yeah, this was my thinking as well. I am just going, expecting that the FL+ lines will be longer than normal for a Sunday after school starts. Hopefully they're not too bad still, but it is what it is, and with it being free, I can't really complain.

So, for those of you from the US who have utilized an Enhanced License to cross the border into Canada (and back), how did that go? Smoothly? Complicated? I got mine for the first time this month, and am heading over to Canada next month for the first time since before they changed the policy, and am just wanting to have an idea of what to expect. Thanks in advance!

Another question for regulars of CW I have, is perhaps a little silly, but I was wondering if Leviathan still has a dedicated store, and merch. I love the name, colors, and logo of this coaster, so unless the ride is an abomination (which seems impossible), I'll be wanting to get a shirt, and maybe some other merch. If they don't really have much in that regard anymore though, I wanted to get a heads-up in advance, so I won't be surprised upon getting there. Again, thanks in advance!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby john10693 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:24 am

Every year I go to wonderland and I am only really disappointed about the available schwag. This year I was determined to get a hat or shirt and there is just not much to choose from. I guess it's just not Wonderlands thing. Leviathan does have a shop at exit but it is not so great (such a great logo and such a poor selection), Yukon's shop had even fewer available choices (new coaster, I get it, but still). As for enhanced licence, easy process, show licence, scan licence, answer a couple questions , and enjoy Canada. Have fun, merchandise aside, this is a great park and FL+ is the best here for the top rides. as a CP regular this place is a walk on with it in comparison.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:39 am

^Thanks for the response! It's good to know and anticipate all those things in advance! :)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Phant0mF1re » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 am

john10693 wrote:Every year I go to wonderland and I am only really disappointed about the available schwag. This year I was determined to get a hat or shirt and there is just not much to choose from. I guess it's just not Wonderlands thing. Leviathan does have a shop at exit but it is not so great (such a great logo and such a poor selection), Yukon's shop had even fewer available choices (new coaster, I get it, but still). As for enhanced licence, easy process, show licence, scan licence, answer a couple questions , and enjoy Canada. Have fun, merchandise aside, this is a great park and FL+ is the best here for the top rides. as a CP regular this place is a walk on with it in comparison.

I noticed that about the merch too. Even before getting there, I had it in my mind that I wanted to get a nice Leviathan golf shirt (kind of like the Steel Vengeance and Gatekeeper ones CP usually has.) I couldn't find anything remotely wearable that was Leviathan themed, but they did have a few decent Yukon Striker things (makes sense.) Ended up snagging a New Era / Yukon Striker hat that says Canada's Wonderland on the side. If you didn't know any better it just looks like a sports team logo hat.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Honorarius » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:49 am

I've found the merch this year to an improvement over previous years... We're still way, way behind CP, KI, KD and Carowinds, but we're at least on Dorney's level now...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ponder » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:01 am

I thought the merch at CW was alright when I went. Picked up quite a cool Streetfighter-inspired Leviathan vs Behemoth t-shirt anyway :) That was about 3 years ago mind.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby lord denning » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:52 am

PATTYCAKES wrote:Here's the thing with FL+. Those who want to waste their money on FL+ are complaining that Guardian, The Fly, The Bat, Thunder Run are not on FL+. But the people who are really complaining are the people who do not use FL+. If these coasters were to be put on FL+, then the regular lines would be much shorter and that is why I will never buy a FL+ at my home park. It is just not necessary. Let the out-of-town visitors on more FL+ coasters and make the regular lines much shorter for the people who go to Wonderland every day. Makes sense?

:mickey:

Agree it doesn't make sense but FL+ is not needed if you are local even on busy days.

With smart time management you can easily knockoff the big rides each with less than a 30 minute wait.

It is only if you were there for a single day and wanted every credit (I would do B&M rerides versus credit whoring the clones) or really want a bunch of rerides would FL+ be worth it.

Ironically, the past few years I haven't even used my FL+ freebee because the park is so empty when they are offered, I would spend more time getting the pass than using it.
Using Tapatalk

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!