Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: smartestcoasterkidever! and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby JJLehto » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:04 pm

Hey, are still other entrances? I remember many years ago there were other entrances, once was near the back corner of the park, (which today would dump you right by SV and Maverick) but it was only for CP hotel users. This was many years ago though.

Are there still multiple entrances and if so do you need to be at a CP hotel? I always stay off site but if there are ones that can get you way closer to SV I am game. (Even moving at a fast pace by the time I got from park entrance to SV lines were already big)
Coaster Count: 178

Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Gold Striker

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby john10693 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:38 pm

There are four entrances. Main entrance, boardwalk, marina and hotel/water park entrance. Hotel entrance is closest to TTD, Gemini, Steel Vengeance and Maverick. You may use any entrance. That being said, even with early entry at the hotel entrance, there will be a good line for Steel Vengeance at opening unless you join the running of the bulls at rope drop and can run fast for half a mile. When the water park is open the park does not allow access to the back lot until 1/2 hour after the early entrance posted time (that was the case last year). You can however park in the front lot and walk the board walk past the hotel to the rear entrance for early entry (This is a nice walk along the beach). That takes about 15 minutes so plan accordingly.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby garminkid » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:26 am

I'm a Platinum Passholder every year and whenever I go to Cedar Point, I always arrive about an hour before Early Entry opens and drive around to park in the waterpark lot. Even when it's the middle of summer when the waterpark is open, park officials don't give a crap about passholders parking back there. I've been able to park back there every single time and it's never closed. If you remember, CP opens the park in stages. At 8:15, the gates open and everyone goes to the first holding point. At 8:30, you go to the second hold point and wait there until 9:00, when the park opens. From there, I suggest doing the Running of the Bulls so the line for SV is short. I also suggest keeping your phone in your car for Early Entry, as you would have to get a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo otherwise, allowing the line to build up. Hope this tip helps!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:08 am

Looks like lots of work has been going on at the former midway market. I'm hearing rumors that it's going to be an Italian restaurant of some kind.
Screenshot_20190128-130001_Samsung Internet.jpg
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:07 pm

I dream, but it would be cool if it were something other than a cafeteria hall. Although, being a basic bitch American with a Polish ancestry and an Italian last name, when I hear of an Italian restaurant I think of Pizza. And beer. I wouldn't be mad if there was an opportunity to order a decent quality whole pizza to be split among a few people.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:14 am

Would love to see a fast fire'd pizza place like PizzaFire or Blaze show up at the park. That would be a perfect location as it would fit two of the giant ovens that cook a pizza in 180 seconds. They move through lines very quickly and the pizza is actually quite good.

Since the park has been working closely with the LeBron James Family Foundation and James is a huge investor in Blaze I wouldn't be shocked to see one show up at the park.. It would definitely be a huge upgrade over the current pizza options.

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:32 pm

I was also hoping for an outside business. The thought of an outside business moving in leads me to believe that such a business would already be advertising on social media. I think that's what Melt did. I don't think there'd be any reason to keep it a secret. Who knows.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:43 pm

I have no expectations for this whatsoever because I feel like if they're using the kitchen to make picnic area food they're going to continue serving whatever they're serving in the picnic area.

While I personally contend that Midway Market sucks, I don't understand why they would ever change such an efficient setup.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:26 pm

Am I alone in thinking that eating Italian food at a theme park (excluding pizza I guess... and like Epcot) is totally weird?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Not if you're in Central Pennsylvania at Knoebels or DelGrosso's.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Outlaw Run
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hersheypark & Six Flags Great Adventure

PreviousNext