Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 33 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby clem2754 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:38 pm

mac95 wrote:
CP Maverick wrote:It's been that way for a while. Sunday (or Monday holiday) tends to be a travel day, so the resort people won't be in the park.

Do you recommend us using our FL+ on Monday instead of Sunday then? We bought FL+ when they had the good deal over Christmas, so we will use it one of the two days.

You should determine it on the day that you are at the park, If the weather looks bad then NO and if you go in for early entry or notice that a major ride is down, then possibly no. It is a day time decision. It will also allow you to estimate the crowds.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CP Maverick » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:15 pm

Ape wrote:FL+ makes the day more relaxing thee is no stress about trying to get all the rides in.

If you have two identical days, use FL on the first day to get all the rides, the second day you don't have to worry about anything because you already did all the rides. Just go at your own pace.
Original Maverick '99

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mac95 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:12 pm

CP Maverick wrote:
Ape wrote:FL+ makes the day more relaxing thee is no stress about trying to get all the rides in.

If you have two identical days, use FL on the first day to get all the rides, the second day you don't have to worry about anything because you already did all the rides. Just go at your own pace.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Our plan will be to probably use the FL+ on Sunday, but we will do early entry and assess the queue situation before activating FL+. The weather looks pretty decent on both Sunday and Monday (albeit a storm may be in on Monday night). Will be very hot thought (heat indices up to 110!!)
Parks I've been to: Cedar Point, Carowinds, Dollywood, HersheyPark, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, Kennywood, Dorney Park, Darien Lake, Six Flags Great Escape, Kings Dominion, Kings Island, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Busch Gardens Tampa, DisneyWorld, DisneyLand, Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Diego

Top Steel: Wicked Cyclone
Top Woodie: Lightning Rod

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:16 pm

What I am trying to say is FL is exactly that going at your own pace no planning just going to what you want and riding. You don't feel worn out at the end either because you didn't have to stand for a stupid amount of time.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:50 pm

^ Not only are you not nearly as worn out, but being able to walk right into Maverick's station and bypassing 2 hour waits on SV for 15-30 mins waits is worth the price alone.

I kinda wish they take Gatekeeper off FL+ and figure out a way to merge Millennium Force's line straight into the station and put that on FL+ instead.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Ape wrote:What I am trying to say is FL is exactly that going at your own pace no planning just going to what you want and riding. You don't feel worn out at the end either because you didn't have to stand for a stupid amount of time.

Case in point: This past Monday Valravn was a 75 minute wait. FL+ got me TWO literal walk-on's. I'm not here to push for folks to get it for both days (that can be a tough $196 choice to make), but I had originally went in thinking I'd only need it Monday but got it for Sunday too after arriving and assessing what I wanted and could afford. It's made doing as many rides as I wanted in the park sooooo manageable.

mac95 wrote:
Midgetman82 wrote:2 hour waits on Sunday and Monday gave for 25-ish minute waits for SV in FL+. Despite the unfavorable dent it put in my wallet, I will say it was absolutely worth the money for the short time we were there.

SV waits were 2 hours on a Monday as well?? I'm going this Sunday and Monday and got only FL+ for Sunday, was hoping Monday would be manageable.

It was more like 1 1/2 hour for most of the day, and dropped to 1 hour by the evening. Do it first thing right at rope-drop for Early Access and you might manage a 30-ish minute wait (potentially less if you power-walk).
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dragsterguy21 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:44 pm

ZeroGravity55 wrote:^ Not only are you not nearly as worn out, but being able to walk right into Maverick's station and bypassing 2 hour waits on SV for 15-30 mins waits is worth the price alone.

I kinda wish they take Gatekeeper off FL+ and figure out a way to merge Millennium Force's line straight into the station and put that on FL+ instead.

Millennium is only on the normal FL because you need some incentive for somebody who can’t pay for the plus. No point in selling a product to skip lines that aren’t existant. I know Kings Island had Diamondback on the regular FL for a while, it may still be.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 pm

^ I can get that. It's mostly just wishful thinking on my part!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Shut It Down » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Like it’s been said before, if you’re traveling to Cedar Point do not hesitate to get the fast lane plus. Yes, it hurts at first to spend over $90 per ticket but once in the park it’s like being in a dream. You literally have the entire park to yourself including steel Vengence. It will make your trip amazing. There was probably 10+ times me and my girlfriend were walking thru the fastlane thinking “imagine standing in that line” and then literally walking on maverick and valravyn and TTD. Amazing

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Airboss » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Shut It Down wrote:Like it’s been said before, if you’re traveling to Cedar Point do not hesitate to get the fast lane plus. Yes, it hurts at first to spend over $90 per ticket but once in the park it’s like being in a dream. You literally have the entire park to yourself including steel Vengence. It will make your trip amazing. There was probably 10+ times me and my girlfriend were walking thru the fastlane thinking “imagine standing in that line” and then literally walking on maverick and valravyn and TTD. Amazing

Definitely agree. Some people view Fast Lane as unnecessary and a waste of money, but it actually makes a lot of sense if you're traveling from far away. Most of the time, Fast Lane Plus actually costs less than a 1 night hotel & ticket to the park. Therefore two days at the park, one with fast lane plus, and two nights at a hotel can actually cost less than three days at the park and 3 nights at a hotel. This is only true if you a) live far from the park and b) don't have a season pass, so obviously I can't justify getting a Flash pass at my home park (Great America), but at other parks it makes a ton of sense. You spend more on the fast pass, less on hotels and tickets.

PreviousNext