Funniest Ride Experiences

Things that made you laugh
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Funniest Ride Experiences

Postby Haymaker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:47 pm

^ on a mat racer, lift up the front end of the mat using the handles, otherwise it acts like a plow. At Water Country, I got a late start because I got stuck at the top for a second. I caught up and passed everyone using that method.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:52 pm

Haymaker wrote:^ on a mat racer, lift up the front end of the mat using the handles, otherwise it acts like a plow. At Water Country, I got a late start because I got stuck at the top for a second. I caught up and passed everyone using that method.

Oh, yeah, that much I get. I can manage a respectable speed on them. Just not anywhere near what my father manages, and it's even sillier that he could do it on a tube slide, where there's (to my knowledge) no real technique at all!

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby disownedpear » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Speaking of slides this reminds me of my old job as a ride operator'. We had a dry mat racing slide, and the maintenance guys had just waxed it because it was going too slow. The parks manager was the first to ride it, he went flying off of the last hill and slammed into the fence, I asked him if he was going to try it again and he said "I can't afford the workman's comp" lol.

So I decided to ride it, It has three bumps, I got a few inches of air on the second and on the third it maybe launched me three feet into the air, me and my entire mat flip over and careened into the fence way past the end of the slide.

Got a pretty bad scrape on my arm but other than that it was amazing, scariest and most fun thing that ever happened to me at a park.

It was closed all day.
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made. If anyone sees Harry at the park can you tell him I'm sorry for breaking his ride and getting him in trouble.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:34 pm

disownedpear wrote:Speaking of slides this reminds me of my old job as a ride operator'. We had a dry mat racing slide, and the maintenance guys had just waxed it because it was going too slow. The parks manager was the first to ride it, he went flying off of the last hill and slammed into the fence, I asked him if he was going to try it again and he said "I can't afford the workman's comp" lol.

So I decided to ride it, It has three bumps, I got a few inches of air on the second and on the third it maybe launched me three feet into the air, me and my entire mat flip over and careened into the fence way past the end of the slide.

Got a pretty bad scrape on my arm but other than that it was amazing, scariest and most fun thing that ever happened to me at a park.

It was closed all day.

I caught air on the third hump of one at a fair. It was at night and was starting to get condensation on it. Jacked up my neck a bit.

Postby disownedpear » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:48 pm

^Yeah I felt as if I had just been in a really bad ski crash.

If you actually land right side up on the slide but still get air on the third hill it's really fun in my opinion and not that dangerous for me personally. Still hurts but not dangerous, but I could see how it could be dangerous for children or the elderly. One day one of the lanes was running like that and we only let adults on it but warned them it could hurt, they all loved it. With the amount of insurance chasers these days that probably wasn't the greatest idea.
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made. If anyone sees Harry at the park can you tell him I'm sorry for breaking his ride and getting him in trouble.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Well a couple of times on Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth at Six Flags America; I've seen people lose their hats.

Me personally, on Superman: Ride of Steel; I was stapled in so tight, my balls were being squished!

Postby disownedpear » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:07 pm

^I'm definitely sterile because of Huss Top Spins.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:58 pm

Someone's cell phone flew out of their hand and into the lake on Behemoth a couple weekends ago. Funny and satisfying.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Bamwa » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:43 am

A month ago we had a double b day trip to fiesta. My Cosmic twin (same b day and year also) and two others were there. Every ride the two other friends struck up happy birthday sing alongs with the whole crowd, train and platform. It became the challenge/theme of the day. It was totally embarrassing but awesome at the same time. Sorry, y'all.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:33 am

I once rode Superman at GAdv with this black kid who was terrified. Almost like Kevin Hart on the Rip Ride Rockit. On the brake run at the end the kid says "I have been scarred for life."
THE GRID

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!