La Ronde Discussion Thread

P. 125 - Vipère Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: La Ronde Discussion Thread

Postby Honorarius » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:41 am

^^^ Anyone who's been to La Ronde should know better...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby booink » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:20 am

Not much to see yet but construction has started on Green Lan Vipère (sorry for the not-so-great picture, the sidewalk on Jacques-Cartier bridge isn't open yet)
DSC_5081.JPG
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby LegendLover » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:21 am

Don't be too hard on yourself. This photograph is better than the ones I took of the site (aka none). Looks like construction is moving along nicely. Not as quickly as Jersey Devil, but still good progress.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:27 pm

As someone who is not familiar with the park, is this going on the site that used be be where Super Manege was? (Apologies if I spelled that wrong)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Vonni wrote:As someone who is not familiar with the park, is this going on the site that used be be where Super Manege was? (Apologies if I spelled that wrong)

That is correct, Vipere will be built on the former site of Super Manege. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Postby booink » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:57 am

I got to go to La Ronde yesterday for the first time this year (and it will probably be the only park I will visit this year considering the Canada/USA border is closed indefinitely), so here's a small update for the park, although if you follow Screamscape, very little of this will be new to you :)

The COVID measures are the same as in other Six Flags parks and very similar to other non-six flags parks as well, so there isn't much to discuss on that matter. Many rides are closed this year due to COVID related reasons: Minirail, Spirale, Aqua Twist, Catapulte, Dragon, Bateau Pirate, Monstre and two kiddie rides. If Screamscape is to be believed, Spirale might never reopen, which honestly wouldn't surprise me at all as it's been more closed than open in the recent years, I don't think it even operated at all in 2019.

Vipère is postponed to 2021 and its construction hasn't continued since the last pictures I posted here in March.
IMG_20200808_165432.jpg

IMG_20200808_165445.jpg

They also started to repaint the track pieces in lime green and they look fantastic. They are in a restricted area so I don't have any pictures of them, but there are a few on Screamscape. So if the coaster's issues aren't fixed and it ends up sucking as much as it did at SFMM, at least it'll look a lot better than Super Manège :lol: .
Favorites :
Steel : Maverick, Wicked Cyclone, Superman: the ride (SFNE)
Wood : El Toro, Phoenix, Lightning Racers
Total coaster count : 137

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ricklap77 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:59 pm

It will be time for them to put in a major ride or good coaster!! I think Supermanege was better than the one they are building! But with Covid around nowadays I think guests will have to wait a VERY LONG time before any major investment is brought into the park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:51 am

ricklap77 wrote:I think Supermanege was better than the one they are building!

Oh god, much better (even though it wasn't that good). It's not even close.

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:03 am

Super Manege was such a surprise to me, that first small hill after the drop was ejector! Surprisingly smooth too, it's sad they chose the spot for Vipere to be there, I mean theres tons of other spots it could've gone in (ahem, Cobra).
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 107 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. Nitro

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ricklap77 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Yes but they wanted to get rid of Supermanege. La Ronde is funny they dont bother trying to sell the rides to other say small parks. Nah. Instead they justs crap them. Cobra had the same fate a few years ago. I think itwas still very good for another park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!