Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 178: Carnaval Festival rehab is done
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 pm

B&M please please please make something new on this one! Efteling deserves something one of its kind.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Solique » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:39 am

Basically what they said is that it will turn out more as a coaster than Krake and will be longer (though even 1 meter can be count as longer)

On Dutch coaster fora you already see people take the park map and draw sections with possible locations, some could turn out very nice.
But locations which have been rumored by various sites are all denied by Efteling as of yet.
Latest rumor is that it will feature at least 1 inversion + floorless trains.

Am just stoked what they will create and what tale and environment they will put it in.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:47 am

Solique wrote:Latest rumor is that it will feature at least 1 inversion + floorless trains.

Well, still sounds like something similar to Krake. Maybe a Krake clone with a bonus helix? :lol:

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 am

"Small Diver with Immelman and EXTRA Bayerncurve" ;)

Maybe they got some cold feet after the problems they had with VH as they mostly tried something unique and new in the past. With Python - prototype Vekoma MK-1200, Joris - first euro dueling woodie and VH - prototype KumBak watercoaster. So I am a little disappointed they play it very safe now - hopefully saved by a darkride part before and during the lift as well as before the station.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Solique » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:44 am

simon8899 wrote:"Small Diver with Immelman and EXTRA Bayerncurve" ;)

Maybe they got some cold feet after the problems they had with VH as they mostly tried something unique and new in the past. With Python - prototype Vekoma MK-1200, Joris - first euro dueling woodie and VH - prototype KumBak watercoaster. So I am a little disappointed they play it very safe now - hopefully saved by a darkride part before and during the lift as well as before the station.

Nobody can blame them by taking the more safe ride this time.
When you saw how many issues they had with VH and the costs which increased dramatically.
And they still have Hartenhof which they mentioned is still scheduled to be done before 2020.

Still I hope they will create something unique around the ride or even a unique layout.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby julioot » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:11 am

I'm actually very happy that they "playing it save". Finally they seem to realise that they don't have to re-invent the wheel. Now they can focus all of their attention towards the look and feel of the ride.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:53 am

Just a question, is it officially confirmed it will be a B&M ride?
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Solique » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:34 am

_koppen wrote:Just a question, is it officially confirmed it will be a B&M ride?

It has :b

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:46 am

leviathandude306 wrote:
rcjp wrote:^But Oblivion's drop is 180 ft tall, much more than this will be.

Yes, but it's only around 90ft above ground... Just lower than this new ride.. My guess is they pull an oblivion & build a tunnel.

I think the 37 meters, or something like that, refer to the height of the drop, right?
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:45 am

_koppen wrote:Just a question, is it officially confirmed it will be a B&M ride?

Well in a way yes. The spokesman of the park had an intervieuw with a fan site and when asked if B&M would build it he said that he couldn't bring such information out but someone who knows a thing or two on coastes would know that that wasn't a thing the could keep a secret. So ina a way he did confrim it.

Anyway lates rumors also speak that it would be 30 meters of the ground and a 7,5 meter deep tunnel at the end of the drop. So for me the rumors are very likely, I mean the park can't go over the tree line and all B&M dive coasers after sheikra always had a inversion and a floorless train, so not suprised if a splash comes to the ear eather.
Also very happy it would be somewhat longer than Krake, just need to see what they mean with somewhat, knowing the Efteling it could be 1 element. :p
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!