TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

AWESOME theming (and pics). I kind of wish DK @ BGE had this similar style/theme in the sense that it has a castle-type feel and the colors of the "brickwork" has that haunting-type of feel.

Ok I just watched the video, and the water level Is supposed to be higher right? The Ride looks fun and I love the themeing... but is it just me, or does the bat look kinda creepy when it just splashed and si coming into the station? It just looks weird O well Thanks for the updates!

Ok I just watched the video, and the water level Is supposed to be higher right? The Ride looks fun and I love the themeing... but is it just me, or does the bat look kinda creepy when it just splashed and si coming into the station? It just looks weird O well Thanks for the updates!

It has a controlled water level, so the ride also can be used in the winter. After the splash there is under water track with a chain system, to get you back to the station.

My Guess is no.. The thing that made the loud soundis the roll back things you see on roller coaster lifts. The only reason they have them is because they do not want it to stop or float backwards on the track, and the water should cover up the sound... (did that make sense?)

What are those little silver thingies lining where the boat splashes?

Lights, for the Summereve's and the Winteropening!

http://themepark.nl/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=1049185#Post1049185

This are new photo's of the boats and the splash. Water needs to get a little higher, and the lion gets small lights in his eye and a lamp in his mouth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Hz--tUbX0

A movie of some people placing the boat...

Hahaha,

One of our dijkes broke today, now the lake is totaly filled(at least the track is underwater.

Ha, that what we call a controlled splash!

Even the boot is themed!

This is how we do that in the netherlands!

This Coaster has some amazing theming, I bet 1/2 the cost went on Theming alone.

Anyone know what happens inside the castle section...?

How does the boat move when in the water...?

De Efteling is my fav park for feeling like your not on Earth but somewhere else.

When is it due to open as I asked one of the staff last week and he did not know.

Click on :

http://www.dvhe.nl/website/ and check out the video page (backstage tour inc)

I want to ride a water Coaster some day. I like water rides and I like Roller coasters. I bet they'll be my favorite rides for now on. The closet water coaster in the near future is possibly Posidon or Atlantica Suspersplash because I might be going to Holiday Park and Europa Park with my cousins in 2007 or 2008.

This Coaster has some amazing theming, I bet 1/2 the cost went on Theming alone.

Anyone know what happens inside the castle section...?

No, just a little bit… The que is themed as the house of the captain,

then a smugglersroute,

a café ‘where the captain likes to drink’ (entrance of his secret route) and a double station themed just like the outside of the building.

When going out on sea, there are 2 big ships.

From then till the lifthill, nothing is clear… The Lifthill is going to be some of the don’t know english word for it stateu’s in front of the ships the Vliegende Hollander has attacked, coming through the water. In the end you hear: 'You too shall sail forever! Hahaha!’, see the captain and fall out of the tower…

http://www.eftelist.nl/dvh/tekeningen/presentatie/presentatie_onderwereld.jpg

How does the boat move when in the water...?

A chain, I believe its called… Inside the building isnt known for shure, it can be boosters too…

De Efteling is my fav park for feeling like your not on Earth but somewhere else.

When is it due to open as I asked one of the staff last week and he did not know.

Just keep looking at www.efteling.com!

When I look at the boat is there no understop wheels?

That was only when the boat gets on the track, inside the building they have put the understop on.This way the next boat can set on track faster!

Do the lanterns really light up?

Yes they do. The eye’s of the lion light up, too!

• 2 weeks later...