TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR 2006 UK Tour" Thread!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! Sorry about no update tonight. We both were VERY tired last night and needed a full night of sleep. I'm hoping to have Southport Pleasureland photos up tonight.

--Robb

Understandable! Good morning, have fun today.

I can't wait for the Pleasurewood Hills photos, the smallest park on the whole trip, and I bet you had loads of fun!

Is there no POV of Enigma, I just thought that as you went to Pleasurewood just for Enigma you'd have to get a POV!

No POV of Wild Mouse at Blackpool PB?

-Martyn

I can't wait for the Pleasurewood Hills photos, the smallest park on the whole trip, and I bet you had loads of fun!

Is there no POV of Enigma, I just thought that as you went to Pleasurewood just for Enigma you'd have to get a POV!

No POV of Wild Mouse at Blackpool PB?

-Martyn

I thought by the itinery on the front page they were at PWH Today? I could be wrong.

I love the updates but I understand that you are extra busy this trip and I appreciate all the effort you put in to getting the updates online.

I think Pleasurewood Hills was yesterday, Thorpe park today, I think.

So does this mean that the POV's wont be put on the website?

-Martyn

I can answer this one. Lets take a look at what Robb said on the previous page...

...so videos will have to wait until we get home and we have more time.

My assumption is that it will be like their other trips...they'll share some videos, and put the rest on the DVDs. They give you a little to get you hooked, then make you pay for more. Kinda like crack. Only less expensive. And legal.

-Julie

Hey there, first post, but I've been lurking for a while now. I know naughty lurkers and stuff.

Basically it's just to say hi to you lot finally, it's Josh from Thorpe (you know ginger fanboy who pounced on you by kiosks and in the bar), it was great to meet and have a chat with Robb - and help Elissa with her Vauxhall answer on Millionaire*. Hope you're having/have had a good day and all, I probably would have stopped to chat for longer, but I was off-duty at the time and was meeting another group then trying not to miss my bus... which I did anyway.

I'll be a more active member here now I think, you seemed to be having loads of fun and not get caught up in the deep analysing of everything as much as other sites.

So yeah, hope you had a good day at what is obviously the best park on your trip *btw the made up football team I think was the two worded one, Pastries United or something.. not sure on that.

G-Force was an okay ride, but it it still staples you into the seat during the ride, cutting off circulation in the lower half of your body.

Shockwave - While it does have the heartline twist, it's like Intamin trains on B&M track. It even has the signature dip before the first drop. On the other hand, it's a bit of a headbanger

Log flume - Actually a fairly good ride with impressive theming. In typical DM fashion, they had strict loading operations.

Has the bus tipped over and exploded yet?

946803074_coneybeach07eeeeeeeeecopyEE.jpg.efe1954b6fa6a43ff9ecc350576e216a.jpg

.....When the vehicle comes to a complete stop will the person who "SCREAMED" please leave this ride immediately thankyou! "Captain Dan" OVER & OUT

1751848901_TPROAKWOOD084ssssss.jpg.48f2be260b0943578a741f6d96ac6c59.jpg

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlmen this is your Captain Speaking...................

^Hey, buses cant drive upsidedown!!! Unless gravity decided to reverse itself! Looks like you guys are having too much fun, please stop. You need more days like the one at Drayton Mannor to make us stuck in America (HA song refrence) feel better. Thank you.

-The People of TPR.

It shure sucks that you guys get to have a great time in the UK while we sit here in the US being tortured by all the great photos you send us. I wish I could of come . Well I hope you have a good time.

ok lets see what happens in Drayton Manor if you break this rule.

If you like my "funny pics" let me know so I keep posting.

Greetings to all specialy for those of you on the UK.

ejectedrobb2.jpg.1ffdf4741b4e3375551ac0c763c90856.jpg

this is what will happen. Poor Robb, just for you to know, he is ok, he landed on Dan on his way out.

draytonrule2.jpg.1487aa7d29556b26d9259f359e578807.jpg

if this is the rule you break...

It's a shame that G-Force, which looks really nice in those pics, turned out to be a disappointment. But it's pretty to look at. Either that or Elissa is a photo-taking goddess. Or both. Or whatever.

In any case, I'm loving these updates. Best thing to actually being there, and you guys are doing a tremendous job on bringing us with you virtually. Again, wonderful update, and I can't wait for more.

Heck, I'm already anticipating TPR's Coaster Season vol. 8!

Hey! I'm Chris, the crazy, freaky haired fan who said 'hi' in Pizza Hut at Thorpe (I knew I'd find you eating at some point!) so anyway thanks for saying hi, and thanks for giving me an excuse to go to Thorpe and ride stealth, an amazing ride!

Wow, you can get thrown out for excessive screaming?? So very analy british...Did anyone find out why they have such a quite backward policy on this?

They recently lost a court case brought by a neighbour to the park over noise generated by the Enterprise ride, and were forced to remove it. They have decided to adopt policies which should, with luck, avoid pissing off the neighbours even more.

IMHO it would serve Robb well (and whoever else is writing photo captions) to look into the reason for a policy before tearing it apart. Just my 0.02 euro...

IMHO it would serve Robb well (and whoever else is writing photo captions) to look into the reason for a policy before tearing it apart.

Its not a case of looking into a particular park policy before tearing it apart, its a case of here at TPR of having a sense of humour! and enjoying yourself! I`m sure Robb would agree that if you or any TPR member or any park visited is subject to having their leg pulled a bit for whatever reason, even screaming or signs in the park.

As far as I am aware (and to the best of my knowledge) no TPR member screamed while at the park.

draytonmanor72.jpg.4eb0c7fe18286ccbce5bb3fc51d88f9a.jpg

What next? No Smiling, Laughing or farting! lighten up.