2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

^ Well, here's an example of what I mean.

I like younger guys. Now, it's not something I willed or planned on. It Just Happened. Is that because I'm trying to regain my lost youth, or because few guys my age get excited about riding Tatsu? (Pretty much the same thing, come to think of it.) Or is there a hard-wired factor in play? Evolutionarily, it's wise for men of a certain age to seek out younger, more fertile females, and for those females to mate with genetically-proven, older alpha males. (I know that progeny isn't an issue in this case, but stick with me here.) On the other hand, many of the young guys I've been with have had Issues around their own biological fathers, and so may be seeking perceived strength, wisdom, and comfort from geezers like me. On the still other hand, I had a pretty weak, emotionally absent father myself, but I never sought out older men when I was young.

My only male cousins, two brothers, turned out gay, too, so score one for genetics...unless you want to credit my grandmother with turning us all queer. And homosexual behavior in over 400 animal species suggest that neither a domineering mom nor Satan is to "blame."

So I'm thinking that it all depends.

One of the things that irritates me so about fundamentalists and the whole "reparative therapy" thing is that it's so damn simplistic and reductive. But then, that's true for fundamentalism of whatever sort - simple-minded answers absolve one of the heavy burden of thinking for oneself, eh?

Oh, and coastercub, if you're ever in San Francisco...

Lets face it.. if we were all sheep me and Shepp would still be gay !!

Slight more fur of course and probably chasing each other around the field in between munching on grass...

Shepp: I've not been to San Fran for a couple of years now.. maybe I'm due a visit.. you never know !! We could have a ride or two... on a coaster...

Coaster "I'm flirting and discussing being gay on a rollercoaster forum" Cub

Wellllll - to throw my three cents in here....

Maybe we'll see you, coastercub, at one of the parks the TPR Tour will be hitting in June?

Considering I seem to be the only one (gay or non-) with a beard on this tour... well, it would be nice to meet up with other coaster bears & cubs along the way.

I'm sure Elissa will (eventually) post a parks itinerary once the final stuff has been... uh.... finalized, lol.

~ ~ ~

And 'other than the above' - given my druthers, I'd druther NOT choose an "alternate orientation" from what I am now. For good and/or bad, it's been The Experience of My Life, heh heh.

Hey NrthWnd,

I'm hopeing to catch you guys at some point on the UK trip (probably Thorpe Park) as soon as the dates are released. Would love to do the whole trip but I've just moved house so finances are a little stretched for a while !!

Ok back on topic.. I'm gay and I like bears !! (a token effort I know)

...I like bears !!
Dude, your name is coastercub - we knew! Sorry, it was too easy. But I'm sure your expression of, um, affection, was appreciated by many.

My academic background is anthropology, so the culture vs. genetic debate has always fascinated me. I was gonna post this a few weeks back but since the discussion of re-orientation was becoming inflammatory thought it best to put it off.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/09/60minutes/main1385230.shtml

(Identical twins with different sexual orientations, concluding not genetic, not nurture, but in-utero)

and Do Bisexual Men Really Exist?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/30/health/webmd/main805081.shtml

(no, but all women are)

I'm curious what other people think. They're small studies and certainly can't be considered definitive.

I'd just like to hang out for some of the tumescence studies.

& shouldn't the 5 lesbians out of 542 votes be rounding up to 1%, not down to 0%? As well as the 3 hobosexuals (who I suspect just had colds when they voted).

^ I wondered when that site was going to be posted here, lol.

Tho it appears (from what I've seen in past pix TRs) the majority of the membership is mainly situated around near Paramount's Great America, Santa Clara, CA... - that's okay! (whew)

^^ I just emailed Paul A. about getting membership AND cards from the Coasterbears, to have available when I hit England, Wales, Sweden and Norway in June...

Hopefully I can download a sheet onto card, cut and have'em easy before I leave, end of this month....

Oh - uhhhh - what was the thread again????

OK Im Gay but I toatlly don't do the whole lets make a big public deal about it ughh..

Hey there, what gives you the right to say "ughh" to other people's activism? I mean, I respect your right not to do nothin', and I'm thinking maybe you don't know squat about gay history, anyway. But as a gay geezer who's seen a lot, let me politely inform you that what rights we queers do possess were achieved largely because people made a "big public deal about it."

Yeah, you're only 15. But you happen to live in a state where you can legally be fired or evicted just for being gay. And someday when you grow up and move out of your parents' house and look for an apartment and have to get a job and maybe find a partner you want to form a legal bond with, or even adopt kids, maybe you'll understand things a little better and stop saying "ughh."

well, i haven't had sex with a girl or a dude, so i guess i'm not sure what i am yet, haha.
#

You dont need to have had sex to know if your gay or not.

I am sort of confused now. I dont know weither I am straight or gay. Just over the past few weeks or so. So I would classify myself as bi now, instead of straight.