TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

Thanks for taking time to make contact with [the coaster-loving community], not every CEO does that sort of thing. I want nothing more than to see IB really succeed and return to all the glory of its past. I hope you are able to get a lot out of your meeting with some of the former employees (as I am one from this summer), and I hope you are willing and able to make the capital improvements that are absolutely necessary to the vitality of the park. I can't wait to see what 2012 brings, I truly can't. And maybe next year the operating calendar should just end at Sept 11 instead of the sudden closing!

• 3 weeks later...

^Water Swings are coming back? Yay!

I will admit, I like Yo-Yos for what they are, but I was still disappointed by the change from such an iconic location.

I'm hoping the park will pull through, preserve what I loved about it in the past, and, of course, continue to improve.

This is great news. Glad to see Indiana Beach doing this as the chairswings over the water really were awesome. Hopefully much more good things will be coming to Indiana Beach in the next few years.

^ Any info or links to back that up?

Kinda old news...

Owners of local park sued in Cape Cod

Indiana Beach owners sued by Attorney General

Updated: Wednesday, 24 Aug 2011, 7:09 PM EDT

Published : Wednesday, 24 Aug 2011, 5:20 PM EDT

MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) - The Indiana Attorney Generals Office said they have no record of the state investigating or receiving complaints against the owners of Indiana Beach, Morgan RV Resorts.

Protesters at Indiana Beach are taking a hiatus.

Last weekend, former Indiana Beach employees protested the park for what they said are unsafe conditions for customers.

Mike Foddrill is a former employee of Indiana Beach. He said he and other protesters are halting any further demonstrations in good faith until their meeting with park owner Bob Moser of Morgan RV Resorts.

"We want to make sure the beach is still here. We just want to see these concerns addressed. That way it can stay here," said Foddrill.

Foddrill said even with recent news that Morgan RV Resorts is being sued by the Massachusetts Attorney General for extortion they will keep their word and not protest.

"We don't know all the details, but from what I do know, it shows this is another case of Morgan caring more about money then their actual customer," said Foddrill.

Foddrill said the lawsuit does not come as a shock to him or other former employees. Now, he said they are concerned about what could happen to the park.

"We don't know all the financial details, but a high profile case like that would have to have some impact on the money that goes into this type of place," Foddrill.

Indiana Beach Chief Operating Officer Gary Quasebarth talked to NewsChannel 18 by phone Wednesday. He said the amusement park is a separate corporation from the RV parks and will not be affected.

Foddrill did not give a specific day or time when park owner Bob Moser will visit Monticello.

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local/Owners-of-local-park-sued-in-Cape-Cod

"We don't know all the details, but from what I do know, it shows this is another case of Morgan caring more about money then their actual customer," said Foddrill.

I always like statements like this, A company caring more about money then their customers. There customers are their money!

Edited by gisco

• 3 weeks later...

As of last night the former IB Operations Director and her husband, the Food/Games Director were added to the "Indiana Beach- Protest Morgan RV Resorts" facebook page. Also from that group, it is stated that former COO of Indiana Beach, Gary, is en route to Florida for a new assignment. I really do hope for the best at this park, as Monticello and Indiana in general really need this park as an integral part of the economy. Maybe they are starting fresh with a new management team that has experience turning around parks in distress.

Edited by WildStangAlex

My wife and I did not "join" the IB Protest page. We were added for the second time. This time we did not asked to be removed. Gary has not been asked to leave. Alex, please ensure that you are posting fact.

IB is too special a place to be negatively affected by speculation and misinformation.

Todd

Todd-

In all due respect, I am merely transferring information from the Indiana Beach-Protest Morgan RV Resorts facebook group. Not everybody on this board is a member of that group, and some people may be interested in what is going on there. I mean no disrespect for anybody, especially you, your wife or Gary, as I feel you three really held the place together. Regardless of whether Gary was asked to leave or not, you, confirmed at 8:43 am on 11/3/2011 on the facebook group that Gary in fact had left for Florida for a, and I quote you, "New assignment. Same 'job'." I apologize if I stepped on your toes on this, didn't intend to. I too, wish for all the best for Indiana Beach, that's part of the reason I applied there back in May.

Just saw some bad news on Screamscape:

I’m not sure what is going on at Indiana Beach, but from the sound of the rumors going around, nothing good is going to come out of this. According to one source, the park laid off most of the maintenance staff this past week, along with several park directors.

As far as the protest movement page, the latest quote about the status of things posted there the other day reports that the meeting between the owner and staff never took place and now seems like it never will. It was also reported here that “the power to the park and campgrounds has been shut off. In addition to that they recently laid off most of their maintenance staff, people they absolutely needed to have working on fix the park for next year. Just today they laid off the Directors of Operations and another Director, two of the last people actually trying to make positive changes and work for the beach and the employees. At this point, there looks to be absolutely NO focus on readying the park for another season.”

With everyone done up to this point I have to wonder if Indiana Beach will be ready to open at all for 2012.

I really hope IB is able to open next year, but this has me worried.

It is a shame to see this park in such disarray. I enjoyed my visit there with TPR in 2010, but even then, those with more experience with IB were commenting that it had "slipped."

Then again, it's often difficult to sort our fact from fiction (or exaggeration) in these situations.

Maybe this will call for a re-structure of organization and come out to be a good thing.

Personally, my last visit to the park was anything but nice. The staff wasn't at their peek and the grounds seemed a bit trashy. Maybe a whole new organizational structuring might do the place some good, and could be the start of a newer and better Indiana Beach.

Of course, I'm just trying to be optimistic here.