TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

More bad news from Screamscape...

(8/15/08) I’m not really sure what happened but according to the latest rumors the Hoosier Hurricane has only been running one train lately following an incident that took the other train out of service.

Great. I think this has SOMETHING to do with the new management.

Did they used to run two trains on Hoosier Hurricane frequently? I don't think I've ever even seen two train operation, but it could just be me.

^From what I understand the ride never had 2 train oeprations. I could be wrong though.

Hoosier Hurricane apparently supported two train operation. They had two trains and a transfer track and everything. I've just never seen both trains running.

Has anyone here ever seen two trains running on Hoosier Hurricane?

Derailments aren't always catastrophic: Raging Wolf Bobs derailed last year and nobody was hurt or anything.

I believe it was two trains sometimes last year, but I am not sure I ever seen two. I have ridden in both because once train has a terrible seat padding in the front seat that is just a hard plastic and is not nice for us wider people.

Now, I have heard since the derailment, that the ride is mucho better.

Hurricane typically only runs one train, but would occasionally run two on really busy days; but it was quite rare. Screamscape is severely over exaggerating how "bad" it is that it's only running one train, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it. That said, they were only running one train on Lost Coaster all season, which makes that ride basically useless.

However, many rides were closed this season - and over-all it was quite a disappointing year there. Hopefully it's just teething problems, and things will pick up next year.

Cameron.

Screamscape... HA! Enough said.

While I do agree that he's making too much out of the Hoosier Hurricane thing, I still think Screamscape is pretty damn good for what it is. When you're dealing in rumors, it's always going to be a bit questionable. But, Lance has had some real scoops. Nobody believed him when he posted that Sheikra was going floorless and look how that one turned out.

I personally believe the doom and gloom for IB is a bit overrated at this point. They have added days and spent way more on advertising then I have ever seen from that park. That seems like a massive waste of money if they are not invested for the future. On the flip side I do believe the several people who have went there and said it was noticeably worse as far as service goes. I think we should see how next year turns out before we start deciding on when our last visit to IB will happen.

Yeah I really hate how everyone bashes Screamscape for how bad it is with posting absurd rumors & such, but he's doing what we do on here, just on a more publicized base. People complain about how many stupid rumors there are for each park, but why doesn't everyone take a gander over at the rumors thread on this site. I mean seriously, 67 pages. . . If anything we should all give props to Lance for everything he does. Anyone who runs/operates a site knows what I'm talking about. It takes an extreme amount of time & dedication to run a website, and with the way Lance is doing it (updating every couple days with 10-20 stories with descriptions) must take him hours of his day. I know I am very thankful for sites like this one, screamscape, and any other site that puts in a good amount of dedication & time into making it a good site. That's just my 2 cents.

IB in the past has had a lot of repeat visitors and good word of mouth. I think for a lot of people after going once this year they pretty much are not interested on going back and count me in as one of those people. The extremely excessive amount of rides opening late/closing early and 1 train op on Lost Coaster made the park just a pain the ass to visit.

As for doom and gloom days ending at IB, from insider information that I know, it just might be the beginning of the end. The new management is spending money on advertising, but that is about it.

Not cancelling on the new coaster, repainting half the park, building new buildings, are those all from the advertising budget?

Again I am not saying it doesn't have issues this year. Seeing Cameron be dissapointed in the place lets me know they are having issues, however saying people won't go back after one bad visit is just a little extreme.

If that was the case I would never go back to 90% of the six flags chain, anything owned by CF, kennywood, Holiday World and the disney chain.

Pretty much if I followed the one bad visit rule I would only go to Adventureland in Iowa, BGE, Hershey and Knoebels along with a massive amount of foreign parks.

My first visit this year was opening day, it was cold, but everything was open. I then returned on May 31st and June 1st and seen the effects of the new ownerships.

The things they did I don't like.

*new colors on the sky ride

*the style of the new buildings they build on the midway

*putting a building in front of the carp viewing spot, you can't get that many people on the ramp towards Galaxi

*the random rotating ride closings they did on my last vists (supposdely is better now)

*One train operations on lost coaster, makes wait times terrible. (this is a problem that can be fixed with money).

*I have not seen anyone using the mini golf under the big wheel, I guess it is shut down (I really don't know)

*staffing has been a big issue this year, all the good staff has left because Morgan's doesn't want to pay them very well.

The good

*Galaxi's new paint looks good

*while not technically part of the new ownership, the Skyroom Brunch buffet kicks butt.

Eh, that is all I got.

I know of a few other proposed changes and why some things are happening in the park, but have been told not to say them. I have only told one other person in private what a few of them are.

My first visit this year was opening day, it was cold, but everything was open. I then returned on May 31st and June 1st and seen the effects of the new ownerships.

The things they did I don't like.

*new colors on the sky ride

*the style of the new buildings they build on the midway

*putting a building in front of the carp viewing spot, you can't get that many people on the ramp towards Galaxi

*the random rotating ride closings they did on my last vists (supposdely is better now)

*One train operations on lost coaster, makes wait times terrible. (this is a problem that can be fixed with money).

*I have not seen anyone using the mini golf under the big wheel, I guess it is shut down (I really don't know)

*staffing has been a big issue this year, all the good staff has left because Morgan's doesn't want to pay them very well.

The good

*Galaxi's new paint looks good

*while not technically part of the new ownership, the Skyroom Brunch buffet kicks butt.

Eh, that is all I got.

I know of a few other proposed changes and why some things are happening in the park, but have been told not to say them. I have only told one other person in private what a few of them are.

Can you at least say if those changes you mentioned are positive or negative?

Not cancelling on the new coaster, repainting half the park, building new buildings, are those all from the advertising budget?

The new coaster could have been under contract and not really possible to cancel without losing a ton of money.

Again I am not saying it doesn't have issues this year. Seeing Cameron be dissapointed in the place lets me know they are having issues, however saying people won't go back after one bad visit is just a little extreme.

I agree. I'm willing to give the new ownership a chance to learn how to run the place. My trip earlier this year was just fine. I'm going on Labor Day and am expecting it to be good.

The only park that I want to apply the "one bad visit" rule to is Clementon. Burn that place down. A crackhouse would contribute more to the community.