TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I don't even know how you get on that ride without clearly seeing that people are shooting water at one another.

In case you haven't realized recently, there are a *LOT* of really stupid people on this planet!

And it doesn't seem to be getting any "smarter" lately...

Edited by robbalvey

I actually prefer back seat mounted POVs.

I actually love back seat POVs!!! And not just because I love riding in the back lol!

Especially if there are riders in front of the camera as it gives you a better idea of the forces the ride is providing and what the train is doing. For instance any videos you've done where there is someone in the row ahead (like

with hoods on, or
with these girls in front you with long hair), so you can really tell what the forces and airtime are like.

I don't even know how you get on that ride without clearly seeing that people are shooting water at one another.

In case you haven't realized recently, there are a *LOT* of really stupid people on this planet!

And it doesn't seem to be getting any "smarter" lately...

There's no doubt about that lol I really try to avoid social media most of the time but every now and then I end up venturing over to it and I remember why I don't bother in the first place lol

I really try to avoid social media most of the time but every now and then I end up venturing over to it and I remember why I don't bother in the first place lol

Welcome to my d̶a̶i̶l̶y̶ hourly struggle!

Edited by robbalvey

I really try to avoid social media most of the time but every now and then I end up venturing over to it and I remember why I don't bother in the first place lol

Welcome to my d̶a̶i̶l̶y̶ hourly struggle!

I deleted Facebook last year and recently deleted Twitter and I don't miss either at all. I kept Instagram because I do enjoy pictures.

For instance any videos you've done where there is someone in the row ahead (like
with hoods on, or
with these girls in front you with long hair), so you can really tell what the forces and airtime are like.

See, it's good to hear people like those videos, because me being the perfectionist that I am looks at some of them and thinks "oh, man, the quality looks soooo bad!" but sometimes I'll post them anyway hoping there will be some takers out there.

I'm so used to my style being butter-smooth mounted footage that anything less than that I am my own critic and usually don't post it. So like I said, this is good to know.

I deleted Facebook last year and recently deleted Twitter

Just being honest here, I think that's actually dumber than not knowing how to use social media correctly. Someone who "deletes Facebook & Twitter" out of protest of the platform, IMO just doesn't know how to use the platform and at the end of the day will be more out of touch with the world than someone who does know how to use those social networks.

They aren't bad tools, you just have to not be an idiot when using them, but deleting them makes you a bigger idiot than the horrible people who troll social media.

Sorry, just my personal take on things on someone who is 24/7 engrossed in social media.

Edited by robbalvey

Just being honest here, I think that's actually dumber than not knowing how to use social media correctly. Someone who "deletes Facebook & Twitter" out of protest of the platform, IMO just doesn't know how to use the platform and at the end of the day will be more out of touch with the world than someone who does know how to use those social networks.

They aren't bad tools, you just have to not be an idiot when using them, but deleting them makes you a bigger idiot than the horrible people who troll social media.

Sorry, just my personal take on things on someone who is 24/7 engrossed in social media.

No they aren't bad tools but I just didn't find it as fun as they used to be. There are plenty of other platfroms to "keep in touch." I was just sick of the hottakes of people who clearly have no idea what they're talking about. Also at the end of the day I like the fact of not looking at my phone as often.

They aren't bad tools, you just have to not be an idiot when using them, but deleting them makes you a bigger idiot.

Agreed here, I follow a lot of things I'm interested in and do get a lot of great information from them. I can easily avoid the morons out there since I don't have to deal with them. I give you full credit for having to deal with the nonsense ya deal with because I know my patience would be lost really quickly.

I follow a lot of things I'm interested in and do get a lot of great information from them. I can easily avoid the morons out there since I don't have to deal with them. I give you full credit for having to deal with the nonsense ya deal with because I know my patience would be lost really quickly.

And this is the correct way to use social media. My frustration comes not from the platforms (well, a little from the platforms but they are getting better) but from the hordes of idiots that use them.

Many of YOU have the choice to ignore those idiots but from my side of things it's much more difficult.

This is also why we block so many people from our social media pages in an attempt to make our socials slightly higher quality for the people who appreciate them!

I follow a lot of things I'm interested in and do get a lot of great information from them. I can easily avoid the morons out there since I don't have to deal with them. I give you full credit for having to deal with the nonsense ya deal with because I know my patience would be lost really quickly.

And this is the correct way to use social media. My frustration comes not from the platforms (well, a little from the platforms but they are getting better) but from the hordes of idiots that use them.

Many of YOU have the choice to ignore those idiots but from my side of things it's much more difficult.

This is also why we block so many people from our social media pages in an attempt to make our socials slightly higher quality for the people who appreciate them!

So Robb, will we see you on LR sometime soon in a reverse POV? Would love to see your reactions and see that angle (the view of the riders) while on the coaster. I've ridden it 15 times now and each is like my first. It doesn't get old.

I've learned that clicking the "comments" section on any major announcement of new roller coasters is poison to the mind. I remember when Fury 325 was announced this lady commented saying "another huge coaster that parents can't ride with their little kids. SHAME ON YOU CAROWINDS!" Not to mention the complaints about walking slightly farther to the entrance.

I always love online ignorant posts! I love how a common trend on the River Battle announcement was first the log ride is gone, now this. I get that the log flume is gone, but don't people (even GP) think Daredevil Falls is a much better ride?

^ I like DDF, but i loved the traditional log flume from back in the day Country Fair. If they were to invest in a bit of theme upgrades to DDF i think it would make up for the lack of flume excitement you get from an old school log ride (Pompeii style does it well). As for River Battle, i won't miss it at all. That space would accommodate a Zamperla Giant Discovery quite nicely .

As Bill Clinton would say, I feel your pain....

I ran a successful Guns N Roses community for years and at the height of its popularity(2006-08), I had to deal with all sorts of people. Its usually what I call "the lunatic fringe" that take things so seriously and it becomes a major chore to deal with. I'm sure you enjoy many aspects of it but I also know there are times when you literally want to scream.

edit: Count me in with those who like back seat videos. Even though I don't like the ride all that much, I do like your grizzly video. The TPR video of Demon(front and back) is the best video of that ride.

I was there last week and it was still only running one train, I'd imagine that's all they plan on running the rest of the year

But it was running fine, had shorter lines than normal but still over half an hour wait

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

So Robb, will we see you on LR sometime soon in a reverse POV? Would love to see your reactions and see that angle (the view of the riders) while on the coaster. I've ridden it 15 times now and each is like my first. It doesn't get old.

Sadly, no. We weren't able to film on this during this visit. Honestly, I'm just happy we were able to ride and we got in some AWESOME rides on it! I think the maintenance crew needed as much time as possible with the ride to make sure it was operational for the day, so that didn't lend itself for coming in to film. Next time we are at the park...

I have been selected by Dollywood to be a Dollywood Insider. I would love some article ideas of things you would like some inside info about.

Anything regarding the reliability/maintenance of Lightning Rod

First-timers reactions to the cinnamon bread

BTS of shows/events