TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

The problem is not a programming issue.

I was beaten to the punch, but yes, I was going to let everyone know the above.

-=CoasterBP

Maybe Danny Robbins needs to stop spewing information he doesn't know to be correct or true and allow the real PR team, Pete and his group, to give out the information. Just saying...

Or maybe coaster enthusiasts should stop stalking his personal Instagram asking him a bunch of questions. He's just trying to be nice and pass off as good as information as he has. I really hope nothing bad comes of this for him because I have met him at the park multiple times and he is one of the best/nicest employees there. He remembered my wife and I when we weren't there for a year. For someone who sees hundreds of thousands of guests a year I really appreciated it.

And really why does it matter what is wrong, if it was a programming issue is one of us going to go there and fix it for them? They have clearly stated it wasn't a catastrophic failure. It will be open when they say it's ready. I'll be there Monday or Tuesday next week regardless, the park was fantastic before Lightning Rod and will be great next week. That said I would love if by some chance they work out the kinks by Tuesday but I am not expecting it.

That's what packing it or purchasing/consuming off-site is for. The game doesn't have to happen in the park. Many possibilities

like moonshine tasting and a mini bar crawl at the Island! So happy Pigeon Forge is no longer a dry county

I personally don't think there are any issues with the ride, I just believe they are behind and my bet is that it'll open a week and a half late.. Dollywood themselves said it would start testing around Valentine's day and as far as we know, the track wasn't even finished by then.. Dollywood delayed the announcement in hopes they could catch up but it didn't happen..

My two cents anyway.. I bet it'll open close to two weeks late because if I put the pieces together that we know, I'm betting they are two weeks behind schedule

Would you not think it will open next Thursday on March 24th? That is the day that Dolly has rescheduled the media event for the park. She is at the park right now. Her bus is at DreamMore, she just arrived at the park 15 mins or so ago. She is here this weekend but not doing public stuff. She isn't holding the media event because the ride is not ready. Why would she come back in a week on 03.24 to hold the media event if the ride wasn't going to open that day either? If you think about it, that should be the official ride opening day as long as nothing new comes up between now and then.

The problem is not a programming issue.

I was beaten to the punch, but yes, I was going to let everyone know the above.

-=CoasterBP

Maybe Danny Robbins needs to stop spewing information he doesn't know to be correct or true and allow the real PR team, Pete and his group, to give out the information. Just saying...

Or maybe coaster enthusiasts should stop stalking his personal Instagram asking him a bunch of questions. He's just trying to be nice and pass off as good as information as he has. I really hope nothing bad comes of this for him because I have met him at the park multiple times and he is one of the best/nicest employees there. He remembered my wife and I when we weren't there for a year. For someone who sees hundreds of thousands of guests a year I really appreciated it.

And really why does it matter what is wrong, if it was a programming issue is one of us going to go there and fix it for them? They have clearly stated it wasn't a catastrophic failure. It will be open when they say it's ready. I'll be there Monday or Tuesday next week regardless, the park was fantastic before Lightning Rod and will be great next week. That said I would love if by some chance they work out the kinks by Tuesday but I am not expecting it.

Maybe you saw something that none of us did, but none of the post on here, copied from Danny's IG, had any questions to Danny in them. He freely posted the feeds of what he "thought" was true for the ride and park and it turned out to be a false statement. Dollywood has a very strict media relations policy and the employee handbook clearly states what you can and can not post on social media. One of the big no-no's is posting statements answering public questions or providing answers for public comments. Danny knows this policy, or at least signed his handbook statement that he does, so why put yourself at the risk of termination for violating policy and posting "crap" on social media that you don't know what you are talking about, and now one of the companies that Dollywood works with had to go on social media and post a correction to Danny's post calling out his error. It doesn't look good for Dollywood when one of the company employees is spewing wrong information about a new ride and one of the companies that is building it.

Dolly has rescheduled media day for 03.24. This would be a great day to be at Dollywood if you want to ride the new coaster.

Now that Lightening Rod is not going to be open, I want to go as I won't be tempted to mess up my coaster count with RMC.

Alright, I'll bite. What the F**k are you talking about?

I have my 200th spot reserved for Valravn. B&M's 100th coaster.

Now that Lightening Rod is not going to be open, I want to go as I won't be tempted to mess up my coaster count with RMC.

Alright, I'll bite. What the F**k are you talking about?

I have my 200th spot reserved for Valravn. B&M's 100th coaster.

That seems really silly to me but to each their own. I just ride coasters when I can, not avoid them to apply preferred numerical milestones. Either of those rides are great #200s anyways but again to each their own!

I'm thinking of a drinking game for my visit to Dollywood this weekend that involves Lightning Rod....

Dollywood doesn't sell alcohol...

That's what packing it or purchasing/consuming off-site is for. The game doesn't have to happen in the park. Many possibilities

Be careful. I had a few drinks nearby Holiday World during a break from HoliWood Nights (that event is so awesome you can go elsewhere and not feel like you lost time on rides) and they breathalyzed me. I was under the legal limit and all was fine but the attention that park pays towards everything is amazing. I expect no less from Dollywood, their unrelated sister/doppelganger.

Damn that really sucks. One of the things I loved about this park and SDC was how you could just walk right in without security. I don't really care in the end though if it means everyone will be safe, without the security some idiot will bring a gun in the park.

Lame.. They doing it like six flags where they check everyone at entry or like Disney where they only send people with bags to the checkpoint??

Just curious.. I hope like Disney!!! I have a small packable bag I take into Disney for this reason.. I load up my cargo pockets and then put it all in the small backpack that also fits in my pockets when I get inside the park haha