TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

16 mph and then 20? This bad boy better have some GOOD downhill action.

And 14-passenger trains? Sounds like 7 2-across cars. That rules out Mack unless it's a first for them. Zierer or Intamin?

Honestly, I think we're looking at a longer, forward-backward roller skater-esque coaster.

At least I got the theme right. :/

Well with three trains, it can't just be a standard shuttle type coaster. I am thinking this thing may have a slow launch but it will have the ability to pick up some decent speed being on the hillside there. The track length is big enough for decent speed and a good portion of it not having to be wasted on a lift hill should make it seem longer

That HAS TO BE a typo... That would be a waste of electrical power to launch to 16 mph or 20mph... you can just use gravity on a slightly downhill slope to get that speed. Hell, I305's lift hill is like 14mph right? Maybe these are the speeds of lift hills (if any)?

I'm just going to wait for 11AM

Well with three trains, it can't just be a standard shuttle type coaster. I am thinking this thing may have a slow launch but it will have the ability to pick up some decent speed being on the hillside there. The track length is big enough for decent speed and a good portion of it not having to be wasted on a lift hill should make it seem longer

Maybe a full-circuit coaster with a backward section, ala Thirteen? I guess we'll know shortly.

Maybe a full-circuit coaster with a backward section, ala Thirteen? I guess we'll know shortly.

Thats what I was thinking.

well one of the articles does mention it towers 12 stories over the area there. That gives it the possibility to have a decent family sized drop somewhere. 12 stories is 120 feet or so if not a little taller. I just hope they dont mean it is 12 stories up on the hillside haha

Question could this ride be like Juvelen at Djurs Sommerland ... isn't that a Dual Launch coaster... Albeit tire launched.... It could also be like Jet Rescue at Sea World Australia. But these rides are full of tight S curves and low-to-the-ground movements. They look pretty thrilling for the family yet their launches don't seem that fast.

Edited by vacoaster09