TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

^^ frozen apple cider?! We didn't see that when we were there, looks like another reason to head back!

Agreed. I also need to get back since i was only able to try about 1/3 of the food they offer there!

I also agree that the kiddie coaster is pretty fun!

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but the fact that Flying Turns' trains are painted and logo'd up is encouraging...why go through the trouble of all that if the ride is still ways from opening?

I agree that it's the most encouraging sign to date.

Knoebels is announcing free rides on their Grand Carousel all day on July 4th to commemorate the ride's 100th anniversary.

I'm getting excited for Flying Turns, not that i think it will be the most thrilling ride, but it will be unique.

This ride should be a ton of fun but it looks like the capacity will be pretty low. When this thing first opens after years of construction I wouldn't be shocked to see multi-hour waits. I don't even want to think about what the wait time would be during PPP.

Oh, and kudos to Knoebels on the free carousel rides. This is why Knoebels is awesome.

^I don't expect multi-hour lines, except possibly at PPP (when the audience is different and many enthusiasts show up). Knoebels will likely price it higher than other rides to minimize the demand. I also wouldn't expect it to be included on the wristband, on POP days. Lastly, the average Knoebels patron is not one that needs to ride everything.

Maybe 30-45 minute lines but not multi-hour lines.

According to Knoebel's Facebook on Thursday the 27th, Phoenix had reopened. They replied to someone around 2PM saying a custom made part was being installed and then at 7PM they replied to someone else that Phoenix was open.

So I am guessing maybe you spoke to the worker during the morning hours then?

Spoke to a worker at the park today. He said Phoenix was struck by lightning last Sunday and has been down all week. They've been waiting for an electrician to come, but the company hadn't shown up yet. There was no activity in the station and an employee was sitting at the entrance.

I'm really excited for them, and hope it opens by the end of the year. As others said, the fact that the trains are painted and look ready to go is a great sign. I spoke to Mr. John Fetterman a few years ago and he said he rode it, and it was a blast and was very disorienting.

If Flying Turns and Ring Racer both actually open, what ride is there left for us enthusiasts to make fun of?!?!

Orphan Rocker. Apparently the owners still plan to get it running at some point. Eventually. In the future.

If Flying Turns and Ring Racer both actually open, what ride is there left for us enthusiasts to make fun of?!?!

This

dt

Haha! That's perfect. I was just going to say, "Whatever SFMM builds next"

Edited by jray21

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to be camping at Knoebels for the first time in a week, I was wondering if there was anywhere around the park I can get fire wood? I could probably find some around me but I know that a lot of campgrounds frown upon bringing your own firewood. Any other tips for camping at Knoebels? Also I reserved a campsite with a platform, I have a normal tent will I be able to stake it down or is the platform too big?

^ Knoebels has alot of firewood available for cheap at the campground (they literally have a MOUNTAIN of it). Also many campgrounds frown on bringing untreated firewood because pests like the Emerald Ash Borer and the Asian Longhorned Beattle are spread by people transporting untreated firewood from infected places.

According to Screamscape (another amusement park site I visit frequently), tests are being made on the second train for Flying Turns.

With any luck the coaster might be open for August (crosses fingers). I really hope it does open soon, a new spin on a coaster concept created in the 1920s - 1930s.

I expect to visit there in early August, so I'll check the progress.