TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

By the way, what hapen if you get stuck in a Chance Toboggan vertical lift?! You're stuck in here forever because there's no backup (is there?) and furthermore the tube prevents the cage to open! Dang that's a scary though.

I know, right? I've thought about that too and I don't know how it's done.

The car is very light, operators can push it up click by click.

Yeah....if they all looked like The Rock.....LOL

Had this account for a while, first post. So yay me. Anyways, very excited for this coaster. Although I am from the Philly area, I have not yet been up to Knoebels, however I am going there the first Saturday of May So, what's the chance that Impulse is open by then? Just wondering, so I can switch my schedule around if necessary. Thanks!

I believe the cars will generally be the same as those on Wicked, as Impulse's will only have lap bars, too. Probably the only differences will be the colors and that the cars for Impulse will be configured for a chain lift instead of for a launch.

I love this little park! My girlfriend has steel rods in her spine, so she can't do anything jerky or bouncy, like a wooden coaster. And since Knoebel's noteworthy coasters are wooden, I never saw fit to bring her to the park on our coaster road trips. But now, with this awesome looking addition of steel construction, I finally have a coaster I can convince her with to come to the park! Counting the days

I love this little park! My girlfriend has steel rods in her spine, so she can't do anything jerky or bouncy, like a wooden coaster. And since Knoebel's noteworthy coasters are wooden, I never saw fit to bring her to the park on our coaster road trips. But now, with this awesome looking addition of steel construction, I finally have a coaster I can convince her with to come to the park! Counting the days

both Twister and Phoenix as smooth as hell, and didn't jostle us around at all.

loved em both. . but Phoenix is the better of the two

^Yeah, I love the both of them, but even a smooth woody isn't smooth enough for her. Like the little bit of rattling on Banshee this summer had her in tears. Really she probably shouldn't ride any coaster period, but we still do. We're just very careful and selective about what coaster she can get on haha.

so she can't do anything jerky or bouncy

Sad to hear man. And I'm not talking about coasters!

About Wicked's trains (and then Impulse, so), is the parallelepiped lap-bar an improvement in design?

They both are the same. However, Wicked's always tightened on the launch so hopefully that is improved with Impulse or not possible since it won't have a launch.

If talking about how the design is itself, the pro is how open the seats are with them. The con again, is how they tighten on you. It also does get uncomfortable if an employee puts all of their weight into it. Overall, it's a good, comfortable design with the right circumstances.

I'm sure Impulse will be a great addition to the park but Zierer makes some ugly trains.
From what I heard, Lagoon, and specifically Dal Freeman, had a say in what the Trains Looked Like. I have to say it's nice on the front row not having anything in front of you at all. I just hope the Lap Trays don't crush. I also wonder if Knoebels is going to have the Booster Seats on Impulse like Wicked, so they can have the Height Requirement at 46".