TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

The amount of concrete does not surprise or bother me one bit. There are a lot on footers concentrated into one area. It's fairly common to see sizable concrete pads underneath compact coasters such as this one. Once the colorful supports and track are all twisting around the area, it will look fine.

Knoebels is the king of simplicity, and their simplicity and quirkiness is what makes us come back for more.

Most of the concrete was used looking at other pictures to fill in the Bumper Boats Pool/ create the footers. Knowing how Knoebels did a nice job with the other coaster I'm sure they will add gravel to cover the footers or add planters and such. Also not sure how the station will be, but given what they did with Twister and Flying Turns I wouldn't be surprised of they wrapped the line under the coaster to avoid congestion. So you''ll see nice walkways there too.

Let's just hope they checked the Weldments in the Columns since Stakotra screwed them up on Wicked. I also hope Zierer has improved the Lap Trays so they don't crush you too much on the Tower Recovery.

So that's why Wicked has that loud rattle every track segment. I figured it had something to do with the track segments not having a smooth weld between them.

Let's just hope they checked the Weldments in the Columns since Stakotra screwed them up on Wicked. I also hope Zierer has improved the Lap Trays so they don't crush you too much on the Tower Recovery.

So that's why Wicked has that loud rattle every track segment. I figured it had something to do with the track segments not having a smooth weld between them.

It's funny actually, cuz some seasons have the rattle and some don't. Hopefully it's bypassed on Impulse, cuz it's rather annoying.

It's funny actually, cuz some seasons have the rattle and some don't. Hopefully it's bypassed on Impulse, cuz it's rather annoying.
Actually, what you guys are describing are worn wheels, aka, wheels with nicks and cuts in them and worn rubber in the bogies that act as shock absorbers. Additionally, The Track Joints are also Bolt Together, and the only Rough Spot on the Track is the Lake Turn. The Column Weldments Stakotra screwed up is what led to the Late Opening of Wicked.

The cobra roll and vertical loop are now finished. They're interesting shapes compared to other inversions. The cobra is almost a banana roll, and the loop actually pulls out at a higher height than it starts so the entire thing looks tilted to one side.

[fbvideo]

[/fbvideo]