TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

I'll tell you all this:

If Knoebles can get this coaster up and running, then I won't call this coaster "The Lying Turds" anymore"!

There, that should motivate them.

"Yeah, and donkeys will fly out my !!!"

"Well, you can always count on me to work 24/7, even though you only use me for, like 8/5?"

They're still not expecting it to even open this year though, but if nothing else major happens it'll be 2012's new ride I guess.

You forgot about what Hersheypark will be putting in. And Thrope. And BGW.

It will still be a pretty unique ride, however. We've all been waiting long enough, and hopefully we will soon be able to see the whole video.

Maybe I'm ignorant to the fact, or maybe I've missed it, but how different are the dynamics of this ride compared to the steel bobsled coasters? Is it the fact that its wooden, or the completely different layout design that's making this such a difficult project?

Maybe I'm ignorant to the fact, or maybe I've missed it, but how different are the dynamics of this ride compared to the steel bobsled coasters? Is it the fact that its wooden, or the completely different layout design that's making this such a difficult project?

I'm going to guess that the layout is the major part of it. The turns are pretty sharp -- as a matter of fact, the part after the second lift is 1 1/2 figure-8s stacked on top of one another.

For some reason I really want to ride this during its opening year. Maybe it's just because I'm visiting Knoebels soon and don't like the idea of missing it by only a year! We'll see if I'm still equally motivated once it's actually open.

• 1 month later...

This was just posted to Knoebels' facebook page.

A tragedy occurred at Knoebels' Crystal Pool early afternoon of July 6th. We have learned that there was no head injury, but the boy was seen under the water. Upon rescue, guards immediately began CPR. He was transported by ambulance to Geisinger Medical Center. We are deeply saddened to report that the child has passed away. Please join the Knoebel families in placing the child's family and friends in your prayers.

I'm sure there will be more official news on it in the near future.

• 1 month later...

I stopped off at the park for a few hours this afternoon and they were doing some more testing on the chassis of the one 3-car train on the ride, checking weight. I highly doubt it'll be ready for Phall Phun Phest, but stranger things have happened!

FT09011100.jpg.e9a4d56b911273cdf21196896804d035.jpg

Hard to see, but the "Train" is going up the big lift. Notice the clearance marker and the three big metal boxes

FT09011101.jpg.e3e23776124ffa1abdd420992f613ef3.jpg

Not too long later it was here, at the lowest point of the ride. Completed the course, went up the final lift easily and was back into the station for another test in no time.

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. Thanks, Derek, you made my day.

I'm really excited for this ride. I don't care how long it takes them to build it, as long as its built right.