TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Just Vent!!

Coaster wise I'd say Viper at Six Flags Great Adventure. So rough yet so enjoyable. A smaller park could have bought and re-used it. I loved that ride.

For all the nay sayers, I am a Mean Streak fan boy. I liked it. I'm really not too judgmental on coasters. I like them after riding them. I've come off SLC's with a bruise yet still found ways to enjoy them.

Only you...... I did kinda enjoy mean streak, ill admit it, but viper? viper just looks boring as anything.

I honestly hated Cyclone at SFOG, me and my friend had to sit down for awhile after riding it. Perhaps we chose to sit in the wrong seat, but it was not enjoyable at all!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't like the Hurler....I remember liking it in it's first year or two at Carowinds, but I can't stand it now. I've ridden it in different parks and it's always the same thing. I'm beat up and needing a crane to get my twisted up spine out of the car!

I also didn't like Son of the Beast at all. Instant migraine that one! I imagined my head to be like a paint can in one of those commercial paint can shakers. Not fun!

(But I will still ride any of these at least once each trip to a park...sad, just sad...)

Predator-It's like falling down 10 flights of stairs while strapped into a wheelbarrel. Nothing good about this ride.

SLC's-Too rough to enjoy, to me anyway.

Both of which can be found at my local park.

Mean Streak, while very slow, and forceless, really didn't seem to be too rough to enjoy this summer, at least to me. Magnum really is actually kind of jerky and painful, but I still like the ride a lot for some reason.

Hypersonic really pissed me off when it was built. After seeing the prototype's drop and then ours with its 5 ft of vertical drop track and crappy layout, then to top it all off it has to be the roughest steel lapbar coaster in the world. I would rather have a boomerang

JEFF

My least favorite coaster in the world has to be the Boomerang at Geauga Lake. Not only was it uncomfortable, boring, rough, and ghetto, it also cost me a ride on Dragster...

Also Montu pisses me off. Its got an awesome layout but is just too freakin slow! There is a trim right before the batwing, then right after the batwing it comes to a complete stop in the MCBR and crawls through the rest of the circut. I didnt like Raptor for the same reason until the last time I rode where it was very intense and thought if only Montu didnt have those trims on so hard it could be far better. It's the same with Raging Bull at SFGAm, the drop is awesome when sitting in the back row, but the ride is not excieting at all after that.

Medusa at GAdv I also found incredibly lame. I actually didnt like any floorless coasters until riding Dominator a few years later, which is awesome.

Firehawk also I find to be very lame. The technology on the B&M flyers is much improved and at least they have the pretzel loop, Vekoma flyers IMO dont really have anything going for them (though im not a big fan of B&M flyers either)...

I could not add this to my previous post because I am on my cell.... I am hoping that Guy will post another hilarious beat-himself-up coaster horror story or even one that just pisses him off. Not that I enjoy reading about bodily harm coming to him, you know, not in a bad way, but they are very entertaining.

Sheikra is so stupid. Its a huge gimmick. I just can't stand it.

Top Thrill Dragster is a gimmick. Sheikra has an actual layout that is more than just up and down, and is a lot more thrilling. Have you even ridden it?

Sheikra is so stupid. Its a huge gimmick. I just can't stand it.

Top Thrill Dragster is a gimmick. Sheikra has an actual layout that is more than just up and down, and is a lot more thrilling. Have you even ridden it?

I agree that Top Thrill Dragster is a gimmick, but it is a huge adrenaline rush. Yes I have been on Sheikra.

Also Montu pisses me off. Its got an awesome layout but is just too freakin slow! There is a trim right before the batwing, then right after the batwing it comes to a complete stop in the MCBR and crawls through the rest of the circut.

Hmmm, I rode it in April, and although, yes, the ride is trimmed quite a bit on the MCBR, it didn't do a full stop for me, and frankly the G's on the batwing were INSANE and even though it probably lost almost half it's speed on the MCBR, the rest of the ride was still very intense. Either A: I cought Montu on a really good day or B: you caught Montu on a really bad day.

Anyway, a coaster that just pisses me off is probably Crazy Mouse at MFI. I would easily prefer the Wild Cat over that one any day. It barely even spun. Besides, CP's Wildcat is pretty darn fun.

Viper @ SFMM

WTF? Why hasn't this ride been torn down yet. It hurts like hell. The park has similar rides that are much better. WTF is it still doing open? Tear it down.

Ninja @ SFOG

See: Viper @ SFMM

Superman @ SFMM

WTF? massive, finicky, eyesore, paperweight with terrible capacity and an extreme lack of theme. Get it open or get it out.

Space Mountain @ DWMK

WTF? Super-slow indoor wild mouse who's counterpart in Anaheim puts it to shame. Not enough theming during the actual ride. Gut it and re-build.

Mulholland Madness

WTF? If I wanted a broken hip, I would have rather been in a car accident. Much rougher than other mice. way too much abrupt breaking. This ride deserves to be good.

Wild Mouse @ Dorney

See: Mulholland Madness

Grizzly @ CGA

WTF? Slow and rough: a winning combination. There will be absolutely no reason for this ride to be in existence after 2008.

There's bad coasters which is fine with me but the one's that really s**t me are the ones that could have been good but have been rendered mediocre because of bad maintenance and/or too much braking, some of the main offenders:

Raging Bull: this ride had nothing and it could have been exciting without all the brakes.

Mean Streak: they trimmed any possible thrill out of it, and did someone put rocks on the track?

Superman The Escape (SFMM): Do they run ever this at anywhere near full speed, at least it's nice and cool in the queue tunnel.

Cyclone (Dreamworld Australia): This Arrow looper could have been designed to be something good and it was so tame, the drop on my driveway is steeper.

I get irritated when a new coaster is announced and before it is even built someone starts complaining about how steep the drop is or how ugly the trains look and how the themeing is going to suck or its gonna have trims everywhere...please! All that is fine and everything but it really means nothing until the coaster is built, and then after you have experienced it all those things will be valid. The ones that really get me are the ones that live hundreds of miles away from the park and are never intending on actually riding it, yet they find flaws with it tho they have never even seen the ride in person. Whatever. It amazes me how people like to complain about silly little things. This thread is legit because we are talking about rides we have actually been on and we know from experience that they do indeed suck, sometimes really badly.

Zonga when it was at SFDK... I liked the layout and two back to back loops that were side by side, but being crammed in the tiny seats with barely room to breathe and the fat ass otsr plus the ear-bleeding head banging totally ruined it for me. From what I understand, when it was Thriller there was only a lap bar which I am sure was way better. I am surprised this has not been mentioned yet.

In no particular order

1. MF @ CP - After that first drop and overbanked turn...BORING

2. Mean Streak - close your eyes and picture yourself being placed in a barrell and thrown down the side of a mountain.

3. Hurler @ Carowinds and Kings Dominion. See above

4. Deja Vu - Because I'll never got the chance to ride one when I visited a park with one. And chances are, i'll never get to ride one.

5. Mantis - Positive G's + family jewels = no good.

As an aside, I hate wooden coasters in general. I've heard great things about El Toro, so I'll hold my opinion on it until I get a chance to ride it. But after a few seasons, wooden coasters are painful. Retracking never seems to do any good. I just don't see why parks keep spending $$$ on these jackhammering coasters.

You shouldn't have to know the "magic seat" in order to get a good ride. If I own a park, I dont want to own a lawn ornament that only provides a great experience in Car 3 left back seat.

I know steel coasters can get rough over the years, but nothing can compare to the roughness of a wooden coaster in a short period of time.

This time I need to vent about something other than coasters.

CF gets a lot of heat for have ing to many trash cans.

WTFWTFWTFWTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE GET THE F*** OVER IT. ALL I EVER HEAR IS "OOH CF HAS TOOOOOOOOOO MANY TRAHS CANS. SO WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

THE GROUND COULD BE COVERED IN S***, BUT SOME WOULD RATHER COMPLAIN ABOUT THE ABUNDANCE OF TRASH CANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOULD YOU RATHER CHOSE A PARK WITH TOO MANY TRASH CANS OR NOT ENOUGH*cough*sfmm*cough*!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'M SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE FINDING REASONS TO PICK ON A WELL-RUN AMUSEMENT FOR SOMETHING AS PETTY AS "TOO MANY TRASH CANS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... I'm sorry. I just feel aggrivated, and I need to get that out of my system. I feel better now.

1) I hate "KK" and "Stealth", both of them are a waste of space / money and far to short, why put the brake run 1/2 over a bunny hop hill when there is enough speed to add another 2,000ft of track before hitting the brakes.

2) I hate England being 2nd to everyone else, be it coasters, cars etc, 2 many health and safety issues and speed camera's.

England + Big brother camera's everywhere + Nanny state + Diesel Fuel price is £1.05 a litre = dumb country to live in.

Let all the Eastern European people move into the UK cos I'm moving out.