TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Great to see some progress. Looking forward to seeing how the structure will look like.

As to stampida it is nice to see they are still working on it as long as the retracks don't change the feel of the ride (I remember hearing someone saying that the laterals on the first part had been neutered a bit)

I have heard from a reliable source that rows 1, 5 and 6 on Furius Baco are not using the outside seats presumably due to roughness. This theoretically reduces the capacity by a quarter of this already low capacity ride to only 18 seat trains. Its been happening since Tuesday or earlier. I think this may be the year it gets new trains as after riding it this year it definitely needs them! (However it is still my favourite coaster over Nemesis and Shambhala mainly because of the forces)

^I thought the first row was the smoothest (never got to try it, though) and that even the outside seats weren't bad. I'd be nice to see new trains (ideally with lap bars only) but it sounds a little too good to be true.

The front row kind of takes the shock and then it gets progressively worse toward the back. I rode the front on the inside and it was fine so i don't know. The outside seats are really bad though - I found Goudruix smoother in all honesty as fastpass was allocated the back three rows so you always got 4,5,6 which are bad. Lapbars would be a bad move though I think because of the intensity you would lean on every corner but if they do get new trains they should make them seven car trains as it really suffered from low capacity with three hour queues everyday.

^I'm not sure they could just add another car like that as the launch is designed for those trains with that weight.

Intamin have done stuff like this in the past though I guess, and infact it happened like a week ago with Blue fire havimg that spinning car on it. It wouldn't really matter if it only went 80mph to be honest as it absolutely flys through the layout

^I'm not sure they could just add another car like that as the launch is designed for those trains with that weight.

Intamin have done stuff like this in the past though I guess, and infact it happened like a week ago with Blue fire havimg that spinning car on it. It wouldn't really matter if it only went 80mph to be honest as it absolutely flys through the layout

It hasn't run up to 84 mph for years. Someone reported that the ride is running at around 79 mph nowadays. New trains wouldn't hurt but I don't think we're going to see them... Too expensive; why get new rolling stock when you can patch something up? (that's PA's philosophy...)

The trains for Furius Baco are very unique, so it would probably be too expensive to completely replace at the moment considering all the money being spent on Ferrari Land and retracking Stampida. Funny that they closed those rows since I've only ever ridden the outside seat and I had no problem in row 5. But then again I find the red side of Stampida smooth so maybe I have a high pain tolerance!

It hasn't run up to 84 mph for years. Someone reported that the ride is running at around 79 mph nowadays.

I'd thought about this before. Because it doesn't need to clear a tall element after the launch (unlike most accelerator coasters) this means it can run quite a bit slower than it was supposed to without stalling or rolling back which is not great as that way it isn't "forced" to run at a certain speed.

I would be curious to see if this Ferrari Land project was designed with future expansion in mind to expand this mini-park's berm if successful. I really wonder why they didn't just integrate it into PortAventura itself as opposed to making it an extra-ticket park/experience. It looks to be beautifully designed, but from a ticketing standpoint, I wonder whether the cost for admission will be different for the two gates or if they will be valued at the same admission price.

I would be curious to see if this Ferrari Land project was designed with future expansion in mind to expand this mini-park's berm if successful. I really wonder why they didn't just integrate it into PortAventura itself as opposed to making it an extra-ticket park/experience. It looks to be beautifully designed, but from a ticketing standpoint, I wonder whether the cost for admission will be different for the two gates or if they will be valued at the same admission price.

I have exactly the same questions. I'm still trying the figure out who this mini-gate will work

Today these signs have been spotted in the waiting area for Furius Baco.

Apparently, along with these signs admitting the ride is more than just "intense" in the outer seats, the outer seats from rows 1, 5 and 6 are shut until further notice...

I hope PA is working with Intamin on new trains because the current state of FB's trains is awful, to the point it's almost unbearable to ride.

I have exactly the same questions. I'm still trying the figure out who this mini-gate will work

I have a feeling that the Italian villa that they are going to recreate for Ferrari Land, being next to the Mediterranean section at PA, is an easy link between parks if they decide to join both "parks" in the future if they see that a separate ticket doesn't work. As of now, Ferrari Land is really tiny and they don't have that much room to expand (that we currently know).

Today these signs have been spotted in the waiting area for Furius Baco.

Apparently, along with these signs admitting the ride is more than just "intense" in the outer seats, the outer seats from rows 1, 5 and 6 are shut until further notice...

I hope PA is working with Intamin on new trains because the current state of FB's trains is awful, to the point it's almost unbearable to ride.

Wow, it must have gotten pretty bad recently which is a real shame as it is a short yet awesome ride. Hope they do something serious about this (new trains would be great)

If they are going to design new trains, I'd be willing to bet a couple of Goldfish crackers that the new trains would be a standard four-across design. It seems like the track is just too narrow for the winged trains to keep stable. I know that B&M can pull off six-across trains with the standard track gauge but their seats are much closer together than the ones here.

Look at those, they're like sticks trying to hold gigantic boulders without breaking...

^But B&M's track for wing coasters isn't very wide, is it? (at least when compared to the bigger dive machines).

Maybe it's just the way the trains are built with one single rigid bar connecting all the seats to the chassis.

My friends visited PA a while ago and they all agreed that Baco has horrible vibrations/shaking, especially in the outer seats. Everything after the launch had convinced them not to ride again. They also said that the wheels were in really bad condition and there were visible gaps between the track and upstop wheels. The train is indeed heavy so it must wear the wheels quickly, but they shouldn't have let the situation go this bad.

Maybe it's just the way the trains are built with one single rigid bar connecting all the seats to the chassis.

The B&M wing coaster car looks like it's just bulkier all around compared to the Intamin wing rider. I think that the point where the seats are anchored to the chassis (near the middle on the B&M vs at the bottom on the Intamin) and the ride height (below the track on the B&M vs way above the track on the Intamin) may have something to do with it as well.

Maybe Intamin was attempting to keep the wing rider trains as light as possible, but there were consequences for the lightness in the long term.

Maybe Intamin was attempting to keep the wing rider trains as light as possible, but there were consequences for the lightness in the long term.

Maybe they were. Isn't this the accelerator coaster with the highest capacity trains? (plus they're wing trains so that'll even add more weight)

Oh, that was unexpected!

I was hoping we would get quad-track like on the other Stratacoasters. I bet this one will require less supports...

Thanks for sharing, koppen!