P. 51 - New Observation Deck and Slide!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Fujiyama - King of Coasters slider"--They need to sell these sliders in the snack bar.

I assume it will be a lot like the slides on the Royal Caribbean ships.    

A new tourist attraction "Fujiyama - King of Coasters Tower" Planning to open Summer 2021 will be a new 55m observation tower tucked into the turnaround on Fujiyama. Initially it was designed to

Posted Images

^Their prefecture is not part of the big lock down, but I think 99% of their guests come from affected areas so I'm sure that's why they're closing.

• 1 month later...

The park has reopened but only to local residents:

As a measure against new type coronavirus infection, we limit the number of people who can enter the park to those living in Yamanashi, Nagano, Shizuoka, and Niigata prefectures. Please note that residents outside the applicable area cannot enter the park.

When you come to the park, you will be required to wear a mask , fill out the admission confirmation form, and present your ID card . We will implement admission restrictions such as temperature measurement and hand disinfection. You can check the details here .

In addition, we currently operate only outdoor attractions and some food and beverage / store facilities.

You can check today's attractions operating status here .

Source

By the looks of the schedule they're running split shifts on rides again e.g. Eejenaika 10:00-11:00 and 14:45-17:00 with Takabisha and Do-Dodonpa in between at 11:45-14:00 or the Sky Roller running 13:30-15:00 with the Star Flyer running before and after.

• 6 months later...

A new tourist attraction "Fujiyama - King of Coasters Tower"

Planning to open Summer 2021 will be a new 55m observation tower tucked into the turnaround on Fujiyama. Initially it was designed to help with inspections of the coaster, but now the plan is also to make it into an attraction in itself affording views of the coaster and the clouds in the distance that are probably obscuring Mount Fuji. 

It will feature:

• Observatory "Fujiyama - King of Coasters Sky Deck
  • Skywalk "Fujiyama - King of Coasters Walk"
  • Tube slide "Fujiyama - King of Coasters slider"

Full details and more photos here

walk.jpg

FUJIYAMAmain.jpg

• Like 1

We've been talking about this on the TPR Facebook page. It's pretty crazy! I actually love the idea, just hoping it will have the skip the line tickets cause we all know how low capacity FujiQ is!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. Let's see here...

Doing a Skywalk....while The Coaster is roaring around you, rumbling on the tracks....above/bedside you.

I will pass for now.

On 12/28/2020 at 4:00 AM, i305isdaddy said:

^ I think this coaster is uniquely suited with a giant flat turn that overlooks Mt. Fuji.

I can’t think of any other ride with a similar setup that would benefit from this.

I was trying to think about that as well, maybe at Cedar Point? They could probably build some kind of cool structure around Millennium Force's first turn around, or the Valravn lift/drop? An observation deck a could hundred feet in the air at that park would be cool for the views so it might work.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything about the planned 2022 coaster? I did a bit of digging around today as I figured with a budget of $36m construction could be starting soon but couldn't find anything. I wasn't sure if it had maybe been delayed by covid.