TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

I think La Ronde may be trying to beat out Fuji-Q for worst operations

LaRonde might be bad for most coasters, but at least they haul butt on their best coaster Goliath by keeping the line moving. It was that way on my last visit, I'd hate to hear that they fail on that coaster now.

The operations on Goliath are still top notch. They still keep the line moving well and dispatch trains quite fast. Now, for the rest of the rides? Well...the less said, the better.

... And their haunted hospital is amazing, one of the best haunted attractions I've been through anywhere (if you have enough time to wait in line for it).

It's this attraction, more than any of the coasters, that really calls to me, badly.

I don't understand why, of all parks, Fuji-Q would build a potential capacity monster like this. . . .

This is the same park that installed a rapids ride with four-person rafts--of which they fill only two seats.

Wow! After reading all of these comments, and knowing of Fuji-Q's horrendous reputation, I feel extremely lucky. I visited the park once back in 2007. The crowds were surprisingly manageable. My longest wait was for Dodonpa, at about 1 & 1/2 hours. We scored 3 rides on Fujiyama, with waits of 10, 15, and 20 minutes. We also netted 3 rides on Eejanaika, with waits of 1 hour, 45 minutes, and a miraculous 15 minute wait. I will never go back, as I do not want to tarnish my memory of the place. I count myself as profoundly fortunate.

-Doug "I hate how the Japanese assign seats" Heim

CoasterTube -- Fuji-Q 2007

HA, HA, HA, I love this segment. It's funny because it's ALL true!!

Ok, so watching that video actually made me WANT to go to FujiQ...just to laugh and have fun again!

It made me want to go leave them another double flusher! Which I'm shocked didn't destroy the infrastructure of that park. I thought for sure they'd have to shut down and name a typhoon after me because of what I did...

This would be the funniest TPR video ever.

This would be one of the funniest TPR days ever. After the fact. When we weren't actually at Fuji-Q anymore...

Go to Tobu Zoo. The Mega-Lite there is better than anything Fuji-Q has.

Or Yomiuriland even. GO-GO-BANDIT is way is better than anything Fuji-Q has to offer...

We all pretty much feel the same way. Fuji-Q is the polar opposite in terms of efficiency and customer service to the rest of Japan. It's very weird.

The place really is an anomolly compared to the rest of the country. It's like... when you're there, everything you know about Japan is wrong. It's a complete alternate universe. Something that most of us should experience once. But believe me, once is enough...

^I think that SFA is a marvel of efficiency compared to Fuji Q.

You mean when the ride ops aren't on the PA inciting the guests to jump us for our exit passes? Nah, on second thought, they're still better than Fuji-Q!

^I think that SFA is a marvel of efficiency compared to Fuji Q.

You mean when the ride ops aren't on the PA inciting the guests to jump us for our exit passes? Nah, on second thought, they're still better than Fuji-Q!

At least the SFA ops are trying to fire up the crowd.

This topic also just reminded me that Japan punished me the one time I skipped going to FujiQ with the group back in 2008! Everyone went off to FujiQ, and I was woken up when the whole building (we were on something like the 28th floor!!!!) started swaying. Stupid earthquakes!!!! I figured that KT and I would die right there in Tokyo while everyone was safe at FujiQ and oh the irony!

Ugh. It'd be really nice if Fuji-Q would stop building new coasters that I want to ride. There are so many more enjoyable ways to spend holiday time in Japan...

Couldn't agree more.

I was thinking of not hitting Fuji Q when i visit later this year, but now they go & entice me with this.

Damn you Fuji Q.

At least I may have the Mt. Fuji view on offer while in those long wait times.

^I remember the view that I had in the Eejanaika queue. About 3 hours into the wait, a young man a few people in front of me put on this trucker's hat that said "X-F***in' Large." I stared at that hat for a long time, wondering if the guy knew what his hat really said.

Note i did say i "may" have a view of the mountain.

My only other visit we only had a clear view for a couple hours.

The only time I've been there, we had no view all day long. Finally, literally 5 minutes before we left, the clouds broke and we managed to get a couple of pics, running for the bus.

DSC08741.JPG.44d77047a3c6b521582328ad9f97a552.JPG

At least we finally saw it!

DSC08743.JPG.32f0df4514e2b31bc06d9ea0045c3061.JPG

Pretty majestic!

DSC08744.JPG.1e3520db1d0523b1961e9ebadc385781.JPG

Trying to be artsy and get Dodonpa in the pic.

Everytime we've gone (including good weather days) operations have been bad. Like, worse than SFMM bad!

are you serious! Im sad because Fuji-Q was one of the parks i wanted to go to when another asia TPR trip came up that included it. All those amazingly large /fast coasters and you barely got the chance to ride them not to mention they are poorly kept. well i guess a UK tour would be the better one for me huh? With the money i have I can only do 1 overseas TPR and wont be able to do another for a few years probly, wich would have to be UK, Europe, China, or Japan most likeley. Which future destination would be the best bang/fun for my buck would u suggest?

Which future destination would be the best bang/fun for my buck would u suggest?

Without a doubt, Japan! Don't let the dreariness of Fuji-Q make your decision!

More than likely, Fuji-Q will still be on the trip (though Elissa will probably remain at the hotel to check for earthquakes) so people can experience the.... "uniqueness" that is Fuji-Q.

The rest of Japan is incredibly awesome!! You won't regret it!!

JJ

^Agreed. During the 2007 TPR Japan Trip, Fuji Q was the only "bummer" park--but being there with other TPR members still made for a pretty amusing day. If I were to go back to Fuji Q, I'd probably check the "haunted hospital" walk through and skip the coasters.

I've been reading your trip reports on this park, and I don't understand why their operations are so bad. I have a few questions:

Why do people keep coming?

What causes the ridiculous waits?

Is it long lines or minimal trains or just slow people?

How does the public not make a fuss?

Are the lines still crazy on the decent-capacity rides? (Frisbee, Wave Swinger)

Is this Park a POP Gate or pay-per-attraction?

Have you ever confronted guest relations about those shoddy operations or ever tried to put together an ERT session?