TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Well, I'm unemployed and broke, so $300 is a lot for me. I do wonder how the contestants are expected to breathe...?

My guess is that these coffins are not airtight. This is a photo of one of them.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/artsblog/2018/09/25/8000-people-want-to-spend-30-hours-in-a-coffin-just-to-earn-300

coffin_2.jpg.01748e5174c78327ec432b115ff095f6.jpg

gotta be a better use of most everyone's time for $10.00 an hour. so look at the numbers.

ONE - 300 dollar prize

and even if everyone there completes this event the park is out absolutely only $300. and some prop coffins that in reality are virtually useless.

everything else is things that will cost the park nothing in reality.

a HELL of a lot of publicity for a measly 300 dollars. well played SF

now what it says about the state of the economy, that so many have time and desire to do this for virtually nothing, is a whole other discussion.

K

I was also at the park today. The bar looked pretty cool. I wish it had been open. We arrived at about 2 and left at 430. Boss is still running good. Since we were with a couple other people I got stuck on a wheel seat on Screaming Eagle. Ouch.

The bar looks great, but I'd be much happier if they spent the money on staffing the ones they've already got instead. What good are five bars if you only have one bartender working today?

I'm sort of confused as to why they didn't just convert one of the already existing bars, especially since the space this one is in won't be available next Fright Fest.

The bar looks great, but I'd be much happier if they spent the money on staffing the ones they've already got instead. What good are five bars if you only have one bartender working today?

I'm sort of confused as to why they didn't just convert one of the already existing bars, especially since the space this one is in won't be available next Fright Fest.

eh this is not a major build or reconstruct - a few tables, props, and portable bar - always better to fill an empty space even for an event than have a gaping hole with nothing. easier and cheaper than trying to remod an existing bar and then return it to normal use after the season. just pack it up and then put your new ride down.

easy peasy..

BP

More important than the addition of one new bar, is the ability to now carry your beer with you around the park. I'm not sure if this is for FF only, or if it's a permanent thing.

The bar opens around when the meat of Fright Fest begins. And the new alcohol policy has been in place all year. It's also the only place that serves in that area of the park so I hope they can find a way to make something more permanent.

And the new alcohol policy has been in place all year.

How did I miss that? I almost never drink at the park because of the old "must finish drink before leaving the area" rule. straight to a bar after lunch on next visit.

Mike

^We made it work, but I didn't like powering through a beer in order to go to a ride. I carrying the beer throughout the park will make the popularity grow, since I had one guy walk all the way across the midway to ask us where we got the beers, while his wife waited with anticipation. The only time I ever see a few people who appear obviously drunk is at haunts and fright fests. I can only remember of a hand full of cases.

my feelings on alcohol in the park are mixed. I don't think there is a problem with a glass of beer with your BBQ or maybe some wine with your funnel cake. I feel it should be restricted to those two items (though in several varieties for you beer wine snobs). I think it should be in the restaurants only and not permitted free range. An amusement park is not a bar. If you really need to wander around with an alcoholic beverage to have a good time at the park; maybe the park sucks or you do.

wtf do I know I am just a crabby old bastard - my two cents..

Full disclosure

I am a former bartender and was a security/bouncer supervisor at a 24 hour nightclub for 5 years - I do not drink.

BP

^We made it work, but I didn't like powering through a beer in order to go to a ride. I carrying the beer throughout the park will make the popularity grow, since I had one guy walk all the way across the midway to ask us where we got the beers, while his wife waited with anticipation. The only time I ever see a few people who appear obviously drunk is at haunts and fright fests. I can only remember of a hand full of cases.

I agree with Zach. For those who enjoy drinking (responsibly) this is a really good thing. In addition to not wanting to power through a drink, we have young kids, so we can't have them just hanging around while the wife and I sip our drinks because we can't leave the premises. Just got back from DL/CA and really enjoyed being able to have a few drinks at CA walking around not having to pound it down. At the Disney parks where you can drink, CA in California and DHS, Epcot and AK in Florida, we have always been able to walk around with a drink. I have never seen anyone drunk at the Disney parks. I always thought SF had it backwards.

Mike

An amusement park is not a bar. If you really need to wander around with an alcoholic beverage to have a good time at the park; maybe the park sucks or you do.

I'm sure the employees have been told to cut people off if they're obviously drunk. There's alcohol at the zoo. There is now alcohol at movies. There's no harm in it as long as security and the bar tenders pay attention. Serve it in the parks or don't. People will get drunk one way or another if they want to. #dollywood#moonshine

I can pretty much guarantee anyone walking around a theme park full on tanked didn't do it on park beer. They smashed tallboys in the parking lot.

Hah... Yeah... I've never done that during Haunts.

(Busch gardens is an exception to the park beer/drunk rule.)