TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Hey everyone...interesting discussion here. I'll have to read up on the past 10 pages or so when I get a chance.

I'm visiting Monday the 7th (Labor Day) since it's closed the Friday before. I'm just hitting it on the way to/from SDC, but plan on a full day that Monday. Honestly besides Justice League and Mr. Freeze (A fantastic, fantastic coaster IMO) I'm excited to visit the park because it does look like it will take me back to the late 90's/early 2000's. Just seems like it has been frozen in time besides the addition of Justice League.

What's the plan of attack for this park? Probably Boomerang first, right? Anyone else been to the park during Labor Day? Any tips on line lengths/where to sit/ where to eat outside the park, etc will be appreciated. Looks like we have some locals that could really help me out!

Thanks again in advanced for the help.

-Zach

Bumping because this got buried under the Boomerang/Bumper cars discussion. Any help? Cool places to eat outside of the park? Thanks!

I would def go JLBFM first thing if It's open when the park opens.If it's not then Mr. Freeze is directly across from it. My favorite place to eat in the park is JB"s BBQ. Good food and very large portions and its indoors with tons of tv's and Freestyle coke machines. Pulled pork nachos are a must have.

Okay, good to know. If it's packed I'll probably do Flash Pass, but we'll see. Any other flats I shouldn't miss? Is there a logflume/is it good?

Any other outside eats recommendations from the locals? I know the place in the park is decent but I've never been in the STL area before so I'd rather explore a new part of the county than pay for mediocre food in a theme park.

Eureka isn't going to have a lot. It's your typical suburb, so most of it's fast food and about equal in quality to the stuff inside the park (though it does have the benefit of being cheaper). The really good restaurants are in St. Louis, but that's about 30 minutes each way if you don't hit traffic, and you may not want to sacrifice 2 hours of your theme park day.

If you want to go somewhere after you leave Six Flags, I'd suggest Delmar Loop. They have some good bars and music clubs. For food, Fitz's. It's a hamburger and root beer place. Think of an A&W, then stop thinking about it because Fitz's is nothing like that. They brew their own root beer in-house, and it's unlimited on tap.

If you want a beer in St. Louis, go with Schafly. It's the local mezzobrewery, and they do a variety of craft styles. Just about everybody will have it in bottles, and quite a few places have it on tap.

Oh, and Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard. Do not leave town until you've been there.

After just returning from SFoT I can safely say that our park here is borderline embarrassing! And I have to say, their Justice League is MUCH better than our version. One example would be that I didn't even realize that Wonder Woman and Flash were a part of the ride until riding their version. Their screens seem so much brighter and clearer, the fire effect is much closer, they actually have a Lex Luthor image/hologram in the spot where we just stare at a blank space, there is an actual "figure" sitting in the surprise truck scene instead of just a screen, and so on and so on and so on.

New Texas Giant is the bomb! One of my favorite coasters I've ever ridden. And there is something pretty damn scary about a 400 foot tall Skyscreamer vs our much shorter version.

All of the mediocre to bad reviews have made me decide to cough up a few hundred extra dollars and yet again go back to KI in October for our last coaster session of 15. Yet another year without our park for me and I still haven't missed much.

All of the mediocre to bad reviews have made me decide to cough up a few hundred extra dollars and yet again go back to KI in October for our last coaster session of 15. Yet another year without our park for me and I still haven't missed much.

Yep. Me too. I haven't been in years and I grew up just outside of Eureka. Hell, I went to Eureka High. Oh well. It's kind of like an expensive carnival. We chose the Silver Dollar City route instead.....nice golfing there. Hope something changes soon.

Heard from Holly Noel today (Love At First Fright performer) about Fright Fest auditions and she says that the park only needs 60 actors left for all of the attractions and Scare Zones this year and with three audition dates left, thats looking to be a lot more Freaks than we've ever seen in the park thus far, and that I'm excited for.

There are actually five left. Two in August and three in September.

Also, sorry to kill your excitement but speedy isn't on his way from Texas.

Finally, the JLBM in St. Louis has a Lex Luther hologram too, but it had been off a few times this season. Really, in terms of the props, SFSL & SFOT both have the same thing overall. It's just how well you can see them right now.

After just returning from SFoT I can safely say that our park here is borderline embarrassing! And I have to say, their Justice League is MUCH better than our version. One example would be that I didn't even realize that Wonder Woman and Flash were a part of the ride until riding their version. Their screens seem so much brighter and clearer, the fire effect is much closer, they actually have a Lex Luthor image/hologram in the spot where we just stare at a blank space, there is an actual "figure" sitting in the surprise truck scene instead of just a screen, and so on and so on and so on.

New Texas Giant is the bomb! One of my favorite coasters I've ever ridden. And there is something pretty damn scary about a 400 foot tall Skyscreamer vs our much shorter version.

Whilst I appreciate your kind words with regards to my home park SFOT, I'm sure better days are ahead for SFSTL.

Also, I haven't been on the SFSTL version of JLBFM, but aren't they basically the same?

Whilst I appreciate your kind words with regards to my home park SFOT, I'm sure better days are ahead for SFSTL.

Also, I haven't been on the SFSTL version of JLBFM, but aren't they basically the same?

Yeah, they are. Our layout is a bit longer so yes, the fire is a bit further away from the vehicles, however all the other elements are the same. I guess Mad Hatter must've had an unlucky ride on our version, as we have the Lex hologram and a figure in the surprise car.

Yeah, they are. Our layout is a bit longer so yes, the fire is a bit further away from the vehicles, however all the other elements are the same. I guess Mad Hatter must've had an unlucky ride on our version, as we have the Lex hologram and a figure in the surprise car.

Does SFSTL have doors that open and close between each scene?

Sorry was in a hurry when I typed that up... The doors didn't open between the scenes..they were already open and stayed open.

The doors have all stayed open on every ride I've been on at the SFSTL location. That is why I questioned it. I've ridden ours 6 times on different days. I think that adds to the screens not seeming clear and bright like they were at SFoT. If that solves the issue then it would make it much more enjoyable. I swear that I never knew that Flash and Wonder Woman were in that fight scene on our version due to the washed out screens.

Sorry was in a hurry when I typed that up... The doors didn't open between the scenes..they were already open and stayed open.

The doors have all stayed open on every ride I've been on at the SFSTL location. That is why I questioned it. I've ridden ours 6 times on different days. I think that adds to the screens not seeming clear and bright like they were at SFoT. If that solves the issue then it would make it much more enjoyable. I swear that I never knew that Flash and Wonder Woman were in that fight scene on our version due to the washed out screens.

Most of my rides the doors have opened and closed. On all of them the doors in the final scenes opened and closed (even though it's kinda hard to notice).

So, according to an email sent today, SFSTL will make a "Huge Announcement" for something "unbelievable" on Thursday Sept 3.

We got the same email for SFMM. Not likely either of our parks will be the big winners this year. Sept 3 is the date for all the corporate announcements.

So, according to an email sent today, SFSTL will make a "Huge Announcement" for something "unbelievable" on Thursday Sept 3.

Don't hold your breath. New for 2016, probably some lame parade and a children's flat.

Don't hold your breath. New for 2016, probably some lame parade and a children's flat.

I've been around long enough to know better

Ugh okay....there has been a couple users speculating if I really know what is being added in 2016. The answer is yes. I know the big picture even though some details are a bit vague & sketchy. I guess I'll just save you all the time and give it away (or at least part of it) right now.

We all know that SFSL has really gone big with the "Coaster Capital of Missouri" thing since 2013. With that being established, you can bet that the park will never have any less than nine coasters, because going backwards wouldn't reflect well on the coaster capital slogan, right?

So if the park does get rid of the Ninja at some point, either a new coaster needs to be introduced either the following year or the year before. So if you're still following me, look at the park as a whole. Now once you've done that, consider this:

What if corporate doesn't want to install a new coaster the year before or the year of Ninja's demise.

Well, as you can imagine, that leaves the marketing department in a tough spot. But don't fear, as tough spots are the places in which marketing departments can shine the brightest. What does this mean for the park? (Don't worry, that question is rhetorical, as I'm about to tell you.)

It means a brand spanking new slogan! One that not only matches but exceeds the Coaster Capital of Misery...err...Missouri.

In 2016, Six Flags St. Louis will open a new (or refurbish an existing) store...*cough* Colossal Closeouts *cough*. This store will still sell souvenirs, but it will be a bit specialized. It will be home of the largest selection of drink coasters that feature different rides in the park. This will give birth to the new slogan... The Coaster Coaster Capital of Missouri!

Considering there is going to be a "huge announcement" of something "unbelievable" certainly this is our year for a hyper!

Right Prozach?

Mike

Prozach, may I suggest a possible switch to lexapro or zoloft? I'm not sure if the prozac is working too well for you.

Love,

Josh

Edited by HWFan

I've ridden the Justice League ride at SFSTL several times. Lately its had a lot of issues. Rode it twice this past Sunday and it stopped both times right in the middle of the ride. But when it works @ 100%....it is awesome! The doors do open and close in between scenes. And there is a scene where the Flash runs around and there is the 4-D effect with wind and flashing lights. My kids and I absolutely love this ride and hope they will fix those "bugs" for good!