TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The Rail Blazer has the shortest life span of any ride in the park's history, it opened on June 17, 1984, the accident (ejection) happened on July 7, then the ride was closed until mid August for modifications (including seat belts), then it operated the rest of the season, which by that time is basically just weekends only.

^It didn't have those waist seat belts before the ejection?? No wonder! That makes it too easy to fall out of those trains...

When the Rail Blazer opened it had a belt that went from the knee bar to the bottom of the shoulder harness (see the picture a few pages back), after the accident it got waist seat belts and a bar on the outside so you couldn't fall out the side (like what had already happened), in the picture of EXT at WOF on the last page it has waist belts, did it always, since it went upside down or were they added after the accident at SFOMA?

It's Six Flags. The park would make the area look nice if corporate gave them the cash, but I'm pretty sure the ride is just going to be plopped down on the blacktop and given a standard queue. Nothing fancy.

I'm pretty sure you're right.

Mine train to standup coaster? While I know it was a new concept at the time, it seems completely and utterly stupid and idiotic today.

As rough as The River King Mine Train is today, just imagine how it would be if it had remained a Stand Up! Oh goodness!

As bad as it might look now, at the time, people thought it was amazing. My mom was telling me about how everyone wanted to ride it. She was actually in line when the accident happened. Her and her friend who had talked about it for a long time were really disappointed, but looking back at it, I don't think she missed anything special.

I just had a thought. I've heard people say that the GM of SFStL (his name escapes me at the moment) has said that he wants a better course for the Moon Cars, and that the Go Karts will not be around very much longer. I bet when the Go Karts are removed that is where the New Moon Cars Course will go. I think that's a good area of the Park for them.

Makes more sense to put the Jr. Coaster around Bugs Bunny Land. If they tear down Screamin' Eagles first queue house (no longer used) and use the surrounding space wisely it would provide enough room for something custom.