TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^ You've hit the nail on the head! When I rode the one at SFGAdv, I thought it was neat, but not spectacular. SFM's has ALL of the effects working in it. There's at least twice as much in there as the one at SFGAdv. Also, the trims are off, so you get crazy laterals and airtime. The only problem with it is watching that damn preshow in Spanish.

^ You've hit the nail on the head! When I rode the one at SFGAdv, I thought it was neat, but not spectacular. SFM's has ALL of the effects working in it. There's at least twice as much in there as the one at SFGAdv. Also, the trims are off, so you get crazy laterals and airtime. The only problem with it is watching that damn preshow in Spanish.

We all need sacrifice in our lives.

Wow, don't think I ever heard that American Thunder was intended for SFNE. I'm really glad it ended up here instead, but now I kind of wish they'd also put in a clone of it at SFNE.

Or... Put a SFNE Bizarro clone at SFSt.L

Thought: wouldn't a mirror image clone of Bizarro fit rather nicely on the east side of the park if the station was next to Tidal Wave? With a few adjustments for terrain and what-not, I think it would be kind of baller to see that happen.

^ I think SFSTL got ripped off at that price. 7 CCI's were built in 2000. The Boss was the most expensive and longest of the bunch and it was never viewed as the best. Just goes to show that you don't need the tallest, fastest, or longest ride to have a great ride. If I'm going to spend 10 million dollars on a wooden roller coaster, I'd want the best design possible.

Thought: wouldn't a mirror image clone of Bizarro fit rather nicely on the east side of the park if the station was next to Tidal Wave? With a few adjustments for terrain and what-not, I think it would be kind of baller to see that happen.

^ Thats a great idea, but I still prefer a custom addition if it ever comes.

It doesn't matter what anyone would prefer. Our last 'big' coaster investment for years to come was Boomerang.

New for 2014 - Aqua Twist...

If you want to ride new coasters, go to different parks.

I will always have high hope for SFStL, whether we ever get a signature steel Coaster or not. Even as it is now, SFStL is a fantastic park! Do I agree with every decision that has been made for the park? No. But I also know it is WAY better than a lot of people make it out to be. If you dislike the park so much to the point where you feel the need to constantly bash it there is a simple solution: Dont go to the Park! But that is just my opinion.

I will always have high hope for SFStL, whether we ever get a signature steel Coaster or not. Even as it is now, SFStL is a fantastic park! Do I agree with every decision that has been made for the park? No. But I also know it is WAY better than a lot of people make it out to be. If you dislike the park so much to the point where you feel the need to constantly bash it there is a simple solution: Dont go to the Park! But that is just my opinion.

Good point. Eventually I'm hoping better things will come to SFStL and will still continue to support the park whenever I visit St. Louis. The way I see it is if people give up on the park, nothing big will ever come if the attendance can't support it. The good thing is that SFStL has had a good run of new attractions year after year so at least they are adding rides vs. just some show. New or used.....wrong, right, or indifferent at least they're putting in new attractions. SFFT went from getting SKC in 2000 and then really much of nothing until 2007 when they got THBS (same as SFStL) and then Goliath (B:TR) in 2008, Wiggles World in 2009 and then shows until Sky Screamer showed up in 2012 and iRat in 2013 and Bahama Blaster for the waterpark in 2014.

Smaller parks will always have their dry spells but will eventually catch up.

Good point. Eventually I'm hoping better things will come to SFStL and will still continue to support the park whenever I visit St. Louis. The way I see it is if people give up on the park, nothing big will ever come if the attendance can't support it. The good thing is that SFStL has had a good run of new attractions year after year so at least they are adding rides vs. just some show. New or used.....wrong, right, or indifferent at least they're putting in new attractions. SFFT went from getting SKC in 2000 and then really much of nothing until 2007 when they got THBS (same as SFStL) and then Goliath (B:TR) in 2008, Wiggles World in 2009 and then shows until Sky Screamer showed up in 2012 and iRat in 2013 and Bahama Blaster for the waterpark in 2014.

Smaller parks will always have their dry spells but will eventually catch up.

Thank you for agreeing, and you are exactly right! Things could be so much worse at SFStL than what they are. If someone really finds the park so offensive then why go to the park, and/or visit a thread that is dedicated to discussion of the park? Dont get me wrong, I too have had negative opinions on the subject matter, and I know we are here to discuss and debate and share our opinions, but those who come here with constant negative attitudes in EVERY SINGLE POST, it gets old! I will continue to defend SFStL. To each their own I guess lol!

^^

And of course SFFT and SFStL have shared similar years like 2002 with Scooby Doo, 2006 with Tornado, 2007 with THBS and then 2011/2012 with SkyScreamer.

I'd say the only thing big SFFT got in there was 2008 with BTR which SFStL already had and then Iron Rattler this year. I'm sure a good year is coming for SFStL in 2015. It' won't be too much longer I'm hoping.

I have always been a firm believer in 'If You Build They Will Come' opposed to 'If You Come Then They Will Build It'. I have been waiting for at least 10 years for that to happen. The park needs attention, they are too many other parks around STL that folks can road trip to rather then settling on SFSTL. SDC, WOF, Kings Island, SFGA, and Holiday World are all within reach ... if you really don't mind driving then add Cedar Point. The recent additions (SkyScreamer, Water Park Rides) are fine but their coaster selection is hurting. Boomerang was the Nail that killed it for me. That needs to be rectified before I buy another ticket to SFSTL. I used to be a Season Pass holder, not anymore. Sorry.

I have always been a firm believer in 'If You Build They Will Come' opposed to 'If You Come Then They Will Build It'.

The problem is that Six Flags and the rest of the theme park industry don't believe that (except for Disney). A lot of parks have failed because they thought if they built something cool everyone would just go straight there (Hard Rock Park). Six Flags needs evidence the park can support a large-budget addition before they can just give them one.

Yeah, I get it. Hard Rock is a good example of that but it can't really be compared to SFSTL. The park has a 40 year history now and isn't going anywhere. Yes there is risk but in STL's case I believe, if done right, would pay off.

They keep throwing money at ie. Magic Mountain, Great Adventure. Those parks are full of top tier rides, adding another high dollar install won't change attendance at this point, nor would it be appreciated as much here in STL. Spread the love a bit I say.

I wish they would open the path between Batman and The Joker again.

I don't see the point since it's like an extra 30 seconds to go the other way. I don't blame them for not deconstructing Insanity Alley during the summer season since it takes more effort to put it up each year.