TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

If I got to choose, I would put in one of the new B&M mini-dive machines with a dave straight down into a tunnel under the train tracks with a loop back over them. But whenever the Ninja is replaced, I would not be surprised to see a space left for a possible second entrance to the water park as it grows.

If you guys are looking for a cheap coaster with inversions to replace Ninja, I would think a eurofighter would be more SFStL's style.

Cheap+inversion? SLC?

Dare Devil Dive was pretty good. The Lap Bars didn't hurt either.

I'm just kidding. I think capacity might be a problem if they buy an Euro Fighter though. Actually I would like to see something like Lynet and Anubis -The Ride in that area instead of an Euro Fighter like DDD.

How about a Intamin LSM or Mack Mega Coaster? High capacity, high thrills, and can fit in very compact areas.

Budget might be a problem for Intamin and capacity for nearly all Intamin launch coasters aren't that high. Mack is a nice choice but it lacks some intensity somehow. I still think Gerstlauer is a nice choice although the capacity is not high either.

A kid has to 42" or above to ride any of the 9 coasters this park has, SFSL is the only Six Flags park that doesn't have a kids/family coaster, all the Cedar Fair parks have kids coasters and basically every other theme park in the country does. It's the most glaring hole in this parks roller coaster lineup, I understand why the park got ride of the old kiddie coaster, but the fact that in 6 years since it was removed (and two different corporate management teams) the park doesn't have a kiddie coaster is pathetic, it's even more sad that SFMM has four of them now.

It has been 6 years already? Wow! I lost track of time! I agree with you! We need to have some sort of family coaster, if not two. However I guess we can wish for it for 2015, it seems as if they are trying to add more family attractions in years past.

I would love to see then fix their parking lot, make it more inviting then it is. The ticket both and parking lot are a little dated.

Why were the Hannibarrels ever closed down in the first place? Does anyone have ant picture of the site now and where and what did they do with the ride?

It had become expensive to maintain. Closing it was the best thing to do. Keeping it SBNO for so long was the problem, but thankfully SFStL has finally taken care of that and that area of the park will look awesome in 2014! As far as what will happen to it, I would say its safe to assume most of it will be scrapped and a few of the Barrels may be kept for Fright Fest Props. I'd like to see SFStL do a Past attractions Graveyard for Fright Fest like SFGAm does.

Why were the Hannibarrels ever closed down in the first place? Does anyone have ant picture of the site now and where and what did they do with the ride?

It had become expensive to maintain. Closing it was the best thing to do. Keeping it SBNO for so long was the problem, but thankfully SFStL has finally taken care of that and that area of the park will look awesome in 2014! As far as what will happen to it, I would say its safe to assume most of it will be scrapped and a few of the Barrels may be kept for Fright Fest Props. I'd like to see SFStL do a Past attractions Graveyard for Fright Fest like SFGAm does.

I agree, SFSTL has really made this area look really nice. I am pleased with the changes. Look forward for more park updates like this.

I feel Time Machine would be better suited for another park anyway. SFA, The Great Escape, MA, or maybe even VF.

I would personally love to see Time Machine go to either St. Louis or TGE. Both parks NEED a stand out MAJOR coaster and while it may not be the best choice, it's defiantly a major coaster that will come at a relatively cheap price. We don't need it at SFNE and VF needs a unique coaster.

Both coasters need the track work. Screamin' Eagle's track work would keep it smooth for a long time, but Boss's new track would cost more and would only last a few months before becoming unbearably rough again. That's why corporate needs to choose to either pay for Iron Horse or topper track OR just demolish the ride.

I feel Time Machine would be better suited for another park anyway. SFA, The Great Escape, MA, or maybe even VF.

I would personally love to see Time Machine go to either St. Louis or TGE. Both parks NEED a stand out MAJOR coaster and while it may not be the best choice, it's defiantly a major coaster that will come at a relatively cheap price. We don't need it at SFNE and VF needs a unique coaster.

Yes. Another staple of meritocracy is exactly what would liven this park up in the thrill department.

Yes. Another staple of meritocracy is exactly what would liven this park up in the thrill department.

Yeah... for you and other coaster enthusiasts would say that. Now unless i'm missing something and a majority of the people in the St. Louis area are coaster enthusiasts, I have no doubt in my mind that this coaster would do great at the park with the right marketing. Now do I think the park will actually buy the coaster? No, but it would be awesome if they did.

American Thunder- smooth as glass.

The Boss- Gave me a nice back and butt massage.

Eagle- Needed to have the track greased.

Those were my takes from the last time I was at the park. I honestly think that new trains would help Boss. Those Gerstlauers make you feel like your sitting right on the chassis. Eagle definitely needed the track greased. The train was squealing around every turn, but it wasn't bad in terms of roughness. American Thunder was one of the most re-rideable woodies I've ever been on.

Eagle definitely needed the track greased. The train was squealing around every turn, but it wasn't bad in terms of roughness.

That's the way it use to be all the time. You could hear it squealing from the parking lot. Of course that was before they banked the corners more and took out the hill/double up. One of my better memories from the park so I don't mind it at all.

From the Strangest Layouts thread -

Question: I keep hearing that river king mine ride was a stand up at one point? Is that correct or was it replaced completely by river king mine ride??

It was a mine train at first, then they fitted stand-up trains to it, and then they put the old trains back.

When they put stand-up trains on it, they called it "Rail Blazer". Hat tip to Mark and his Postcard Paradise for this photo -