TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ferrari World Discussion Thread

^ Thanks for clearing up the difference. Must just be a mistake on the map then, pretty sure Lotte World's would be a multi mover the way it spins to each screen. I doubt the company that makes it would have it on the brochure anyway.

You're welcome! Looking at photos from Lotte World (actually - I'm looking at the photo from your 2014/2015 Trip Report posted here on TPR!) - that is DEFINITELY an ETF Multi Mover ride vehicle at Dragons Wild Shooting.

Benno's great race.

So I got invited down to the official opening day of this new dark ride at Ferrari world Abu Dhabi. I arrived at 2 PM to find the ride was already open and accepting visitors.

You enter into the old racing legends building. It's clear they have done quite a lot of work on the external of the building and the queue line. The queue line consists of three different rooms with scenes setting up the story.

The last room has two screens with the characters explaining the games. The cars themselves seat three in the front and two in the back each person has a laser gun shaped like a wrench with a button on top. These are used in the mini interactive games throughout the ride. The writer uses a trackless system and the cars twist and turn in a very pleasing way.

Once on the ride you are sent off through series of scenes with animatronics and projection screens. At certain points the right vehicle stops in front of a screen and you will have to do one of several tasks ranging from grabbing parts to assemble a car, putting bees back into jars and cutting cobwebs. The interactive system works extremely well and it's very easy to tell which is your icon on the screen and the wrenches vibrate at certain times as well. It's surprising how well they adapt to the different tools in each game and even on the first ride it all feels very natural.

As far as I can tell it's pretty much follows a similar path to the original ride however at times the car drives into a screen and reverses out. The motion system seems very smooth and natural.

The story is fairly simple but works well both for younger children as well as older ones. The variety of interactive games is good and enough to keep anybody occupied. I rode it three times in a row and didn't get bored.

Overall the quality of theming and generally right experience is fantastic I believe the people who themed the queue for flying aces had something to do with this ride as well. It is definitely a world-class dark ride and a very good addition to Ferrari World.

The addition of this ride and flying aces makes the park a lot more attractive. The theming on Italian Street is also top-notch so now it feels more like a proper park rather than just a large aircraft hanger with not a lot in. Once the other two rollercoasters is finally open I think it will be a world-class park again.

Thank you to the people at Ferrari World for allowing me in and allowing me to mount the camera on this ride.

Here are the photos

^ I waited but nothing happened to the SFX pictures but the word image so I quoted the post and got the links that way, seems the website has an auto-bot check for some countries but thanks, if you hadn't replied I probably never would have checked again.

• 3 weeks later...

This is interesting. I know that Ferrari has been trying to position themselves as more of a "brand" and less of a strict "automaker" lately, but the last I read, that rebranding wasn't really working.

• 3 weeks later...

Despite the website saying that Formula Rossa was closed for 1 day ( last monday), the ride is still closed to this day (thursday). Real bummer if you're only here for those 4 days like we do........

Some serious problems maybe? I heard that they never schedule maintenance on a weekend normaly?

I've not heard anything but will do a bit of digging.
thanks Dave!

It will be too late for us but I still wanna know

Ah well: at least we rode the cr*p out of Flying Aces.

Edit: we went back to the mall/ ferrariworld for our final night of this trip and FR is still closed. They are working on the launch track with a small crane.

After 4 days of seeing this sign I really hate it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...