TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P.. 420: Pirates of Speelunker Cave announced for 2022!

Thank you.

That ride is quite sick. No way I will get out there this year but I plan to attend the new F1 race soon so I will drive over and check this out. There are still great looking rides even here in America that I am unaware of, Titan is the newest on that list. I have also never been to Carrabbas.

You know how we all got all excited about the sideways camelback before the cutthrough under the lift? Yeah, it looks sweet still, but the drop before it that goes through the lift looks even better.

You beat me to it. Every time I watched that drop on the video, my thoughts went to "OMFG film that again from the back seat!"

I think the airtime on this ride will not be limited to the front of the train... which will make this bad boy a back seat must-do for sure. All of the ejectors without missing any floaters.

Wait... I didn't see any floaters, all I saw were ejectors. You think the underside of those lap bars have cushy padding? I foresee bruised thighs!

As for the delayed opening, we haven't seen any train other than the teal one on the circuit yet. I'm guessing that in addition to installing the special effects, they're going to need to cycle the other two trains the minimum number of hours and have them go through a final inspection before they can run them with people. That takes time, especially if you can't cycle trains while workers are still installing effects, etc.

It would NOT be a good idea to open this thing with only one train running!

Maybe its just me and maybe its the quality of the video, but it looks like it takes those hills after the MCBR fairly slowly. I'm guessing its just the video, but I don't see a lot of airtime on those hills. I really hope I'm wrong, and I probably am (as usual ), so we'll see once this thing opens.

Maybe its just me and maybe its the quality of the video, but it looks like it takes those hills after the MCBR fairly slowly. I'm guessing its just the video, but I don't see a lot of airtime on those hills. I really hope I'm wrong, and I probably am (as usual ), so we'll see once this thing opens.

I hope you're wrong! I didn't think it looked too slow.

I think the airtime on this ride will not be limited to the front of the train... which will make this bad boy a back seat must-do for sure. All of the ejectors without missing any floaters.

I agree with you, I don't think there will be a "bad" seat on the entire train.

Is it just me or was that brake run higher on the Old Giant .... i'm going to miss that drop. Everything else is definitely a BEAST!

Yes, the brake run used to be higher. It still looked like a good drop to me. The original was one of my favorite spots on the Giant. I guesstimate from the construction pictures that is was about 10 feet, maybe 15 feet higher, which can make a difference in speed, but with out the double helix to go through now, it looks to me that the train finishes the Magic Carpet at about the same clip it did before the remodel/re-profile/rehab/Frankenstein (what would you call what they did to it besides awesome?) treatment.

And yes, I said Magic Carpet. It's done, not exactly the same, but I think we should be able to go back to calling it the Magic Carpet. Of course I guess I *should* wait until I ride it and judge that part of the ride for myself.

We also have to remember that this is basically the slowest the ride is going to get. The trains and wheels are still being broken in, and just wait til an July/August day with 100°F+ temperatures... The grease will heat up and I'm sure the trains will be tearing through the track (just hopefully not too much, where they had melting wheel problems like with Titan).

Just rode the front....amazing! Super smooth (like even smoother than Titan) and I got about 14 moments of air! Hopefully i will get to ride the back soon and share that experience. Nothing allowed to go with us from the holding area to the station but the parks releasing videos anyways!

Everyone book flights to Texas now!

P.s. the airtime ranges from El Toro strength to nice floater...great variety!

P.s.s. - if you haven't seen it already, here's a link to the POV: http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=592327106594

Here are a few photos:

Edited by robbalvey

Still at the park, doing some waitng. I never rode the old Texa Giant, so I can't compare it, but having just ridden it twice, I'm willing to bet it won't be comperable. It really is a holy effin eff kind of ride. I was in the middle, and got some major airtime. Its gonna definitly be a success.

I noticed on certain parts of the ride, they didn't have the ledgers (that's what the walkway is called, right?), are they still working on that, or is it pretty much finished?

I think you mean catwalks. Ledgers are actors that provide surprise buttsecks in cowboy movies.

I noticed on certain parts of the ride, they didn't have the ledgers (that's what the walkway is called, right?), are they still working on that, or is it pretty much finished?

I think you mean catwalks. Ledgers are actors that provide surprise buttsecks in cowboy movies.

I am still laughing so hard and wiping the tears away from my eyes, this is about as modern cowboy themed coaster as you can get. I don't think I'll ever ride this coaster with out giggling or when I read about roller coaster ledgers ever again....

It's cool that some of the first riders are some of the kids at TPR. Now, before you two jump all over me, I'm old enough to be your dad (just wait til the day comes when you two can say that, it will be surreal, trust me). Too bad they don't let you take anything from the holding area, but I understand. Very encouraged that one of you got "major" airtime in the middle of the train. Hope you guys get several rides in today.

How is that third over banked turn? It looks freaky in a good way.

Just rode the back 3 times....OMG! El Toro has met its match. The airtime is just so wicked, especially the drop, double up, and drop by the station. However the little hill between the 3rd overbank and the mcbr is the most insane hill ever...like Toro over RT just with more giving lapbars...the trains are awesome.

These posts from the early riders make me want to get out my credit card and book a flight to Texas.....now.

It also pretty much confirms the reaction I had by just watching that POV video - WOW. Have fun breakin' it in, to all those lucky enough to be there today!

I have a few pictures of the train loaded and running on the prelift and lift...not sure if i can get one in station but ill try. Also, no bolts hit...the wheels run pretty tight

Only the Red train is running...and theres a slight wind