TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weirdest Things The 'GP' Have Said

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After riding Ninja at SFMM next to a person of the GP.

Person: "This ride was really fun, but my head like hit the sides." (referring to OTSR)

Me: "Ok, but I'm glad it sounds like you had a good ride though."

Person: "I'm going to go on it again and I'll just ask them to make it like not sway so bad back and forth."

Me. "..."

I always like when people ask if you can make the ride go faster on the next cycle. Usually my response is "YEAH!" and I just start pushing an imaginary button on the control panel.

"Sureeeee, it's this big red button here on the corner. You can press it yourself if you'd like "

I'm sure that'd go very well.

^

Person: Can you stop the trains from swaying?

Ride Op: Sure thing. Right way!

Person: Oh, thanks!

Ride Op: *snicker snicker*

Seriously... I wanted to shout back "THE OPERATOR IS AN OPERATOR NOT A RIDE DESIGNER!! ARE YOU FRIGGIN STUPID?!?"

Now that that's out of they way, anyone up for a ride on Ninja?

Coming off of I-305

"It was okay, but it would be better if it had a loop."

It's also fun, as has been said countless times, to try and have the GP figure out which coaster is which. I was talking about I-305 and this is what somebody told me;

Them: Which one is that?

Me: The new one

Them: Does it launch you?

Me: No, it's the big red one in the back.

Them: Oh the one where you go under water?

Me: No, that's Anaconda. It's the BIG red one.

Them: Volcano?

Me: No, I-305. They're two completely different names -.-

Them: Is that the one that's indoors?

Me: *facepalm* Nevermind...

In addition I've had people argue with me that Grizzly is the best coaster in King's Dominion, and that Griffon is "too short and doesn't go upside down as much".

Just posted on KBF's Facebook

Knott's Berry Farm was home to the world's first upside down roller coaster featuring two 360 degree loops! Name the coaster for a chance to win a Snoopy & Woodstock keychain.

someone replied "Ghost Ride"

I was in line for Superman Escape at Movieworld in Australia which is an Intamin accelerator. There were two girls aged 18-25 behind me and this is how it unfolded

Girl 1: So how does the train get out of the tunnel and up the hill so fast?

Girl 2: I heard that the train gets pushed out by a large accelerating fan at the back of the tunnel that blows it out.

Girl 1: So that's where that loud noise is coming from, I just thought it was the car riding on the track...

Me: .

I was in line for Superman Escape at Movieworld in Australia which is an Intamin accelerator. There were two girls aged 18-25 behind me and this is how it unfolded

Girl 2: I heard that the train gets pushed out by a large accelerating fan at the back of the tunnel that blows it out.

Girl 1: So that's where that loud noise is coming from, I just thought it was the car riding on the track...

Blonde? (Just kidding)

Blonde? (Just kidding)

Everyone knows that Superman's pushing the train along!

One post in another thread here on the Atari forums stated that due to rising water levels are rising at Lake Erie, and due to that, all of Cedar Point will be underwater except for the 4 highest rides. Is this true?!

(And I also read that CP is possibly up for sale... WTF is that all about?!)

Someone on Atari (not GP but RCT3 enthusiasts don't know much either).

We used to have one of these threads over at Atari and this was probably some the best ever posted...

When I worked at Cedar Point, I had some fun on a day in 1990 when Iron Dragon broke down.

For some odd reason, people were asking me (working at the Guessing Game location that was near Magnum's entrance) why Iron Dragon wasn't working. I guess it would have made too much sense to ask the people near Iron Dragon. Anyway, I gave them this nonsense response:

"Iron Dragon and Magnum are the first two coasters to run on natural gas. The natural gas shipment was delayed due to a breakdown of the trucks, and the park only had enough on hand to keep one of the two coasters running for the weekend, so they chose to keep Magnum open."

The looks on people's faces showing that they were buying this nonsense was absolutely priceless.

- ol_harpo

This is quite possibly the biggest roller coaster stupidity- scratch that- the stupidest thing I have ever heard come out of somebody's mouth.

Most of you know that Busch Gardens Williamsburg has removed the Big Bad Wolf. Apparently, this guy in my school (who gets better grades than me, BTW) thought that after BGW removed the Big Bad Wolf, they sold it to Kings Dominion who then turned the track upside-down and built Intimidator 305. The worst part is that several people agreed with him.

- ElectricEyeball

Most of you know that Busch Gardens Williamsburg has removed the Big Bad Wolf. Apparently, this guy in my school (who gets better grades than me, BTW) thought that after BGW removed the Big Bad Wolf, they sold it to Kings Dominion who then turned the track upside-down and built Intimidator 305. The worst part is that several people agreed with him.

Ouch! That's a bad one to be perfectly honest. I'm waiting to hear what the GP is going to say this season when they see Invertigo is gone...can vision it now: "Yea, they took out Invertigo because someone died on it last year."

"Excuse me, where's the Matterhorn?"

"We don't have the Matterhorn Bobsleds here. Let me show you on the guidemap..."

"Oh, I don't need a guidemap. I've been to Disneyland, I know where I'm going."

"That's perfectly fine. The Dream Along with Mickey show in front of Cinderella Castle starts in a few minutes."

"Where's Cinderella Castle?"

"It's the large castle at the end of Main Street."

"Oh, no, that's Sleeping Beauty Castle. I've been to Disneyland, I've told you."

Proof that you don't know everything about Disney parks if you've only been to one.

And, all that time, I was wearing a large four-fingered white glove on my hand. Kind of hard to take me seriously, no?