TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Crossing my fingers RMC engineered the end of Joker to be a little more impressive than the one to Storm Chaser.

I've seen the last little hill into the break run/repair station in person. There's no way there's not going to be a little pop of airtime.

I've seen the last little hill into the break run/repair station in person.

Same. I actually go every Sunday. I think the banking on that last turnaround really says it all. This things gonna be hauling äss from start to finish. (Though technically the same thing could have been said about that weird little overbank on Storm Chaser too...)

Same. I actually go every Sunday. I think the banking on that last turnaround really says it all. This things gonna be hauling äss from start to finish. (Though technically the same thing could have been said about that weird little overbank on Storm Chaser too...)

When you have to compete with a coaster like Gold Striker an hour away, you better make that thing haul ass through the whole course!

When you have to compete with a coaster like Gold Striker an hour away, you better make that thing haul A$$ through the whole course!

not once the GCI coaster starts shaking itself apart like Roar and Terminator/Apocalypse.

I've still yet to ride gold striker personally, but I got a free ticket to the park for most of the season. I'll likely hit it and Mass Effect up at some point.

I'm so thrilled to see how this stacks up against Wicked Cyclone, which is currently sitting as my favorite RMC.

Hoping to make a weekend trip up to SF sometime this summer and spend a day riding this thing!

Can't wait to see some more footage. Every element of this ride looks great so far though.

I'm so thrilled to see how this stacks up against Wicked Cyclone, which is currently sitting as my favorite RMC.

Hoping to make a weekend trip up to SF sometime this summer and spend a day riding this thing!

Can't wait to see some more footage. Every element of this ride looks great so far though.

Have you been on all of the RMC coasters? or is WC just your favorite of the ones you have been on?

Have you been on all of the RMC coasters? or is WC just your favorite of the ones you have been on?

I've only been on 3, but Wicked Cyclone is my favorite by far. My friend has been on almost all of them (I think all except Medusa and possibly Goliath) and says Wicked Cyclone is his favorite by far and also #2 fave steel coaster. Joker reminds me a bit of Wicked Cyclone, so I'm really excited to compare the two once this opens. I'll be super pumped if ours blows theirs away, because Cyclone blew me away so much.

I have ridden 6; all currently operating except SC and WC. Here's how I'd rank:

1. Outlaw Run

2. Medusa Steel

3. New Texas Giant

4. Iron Rattler

5. Twisted Colossus

6. Goliath

I expect Joker to end up around NTG and Medusa. It looks really great!

I've been on Goliath, Twisted Colossus, and Wicked Cyclone, so Joker will be #4.

I can't believe people rank Twisted Colossus over Goliath. I would rank them both at the bottom of my list though.

Goliath is good for the drop, but TC when it duels is just something else. They're pretty close in my mind but Wicked Cyclone blows both away.