TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

I'm going to Discovery Kingdom tomorrow (Friday) to finally ride Superman Ultimate Flight, Dare Devil Chaos Non-Coaster, and get my final ride on pre-RMC (hopefully) Roar. Any Bay Area TPR members going to be at the park tomorrow? I'll be wearing my purple TPR East Coast Tour 2014 shirt.

I'm going to Discovery Kingdom tomorrow (Friday) to finally ride Superman Ultimate Flight, Dare Devil Chaos Non-Coaster, and get my final ride on pre-RMC (hopefully) Roar. Any Bay Area TPR members going to be at the park tomorrow? I'll be wearing my purple TPR East Coast Tour 2014 shirt.

I went yesterday (Thursday).

My trip started rocky given Roar was only running 1 train with the second on the loading bay dock. After that I go to guest relations and ask if the second train will be put on today. Come back around to roar at around 2-3 pm and find out it's finally running 2 trains though they are still stacking the trains. Though, the ride OP's were doing a decent job so I'd blame guest's just being a tad slow on that.

Plan on going back on the 16th, mentally perparing for long lines, bad ride operations, people complaining "Just because they got season pass they get 1 hour ERT!?", etc. Also it kinda sucks when the snack's are better quality then food is from the meal pass. totally not buying into it next year. Even if it has been a little decent value wise for me. the food server's generally suck but I assume it's their first food service job ever and possibly their first job ever.

Has any activity started happening around Roar yet? I remember last year things started happening around Cyclone at SFNE as soon as it closed.

Well it still has a week of operation left. However next sunday is the last day of concurrent operating days so RMC has from monday to friday to do whatever they want to get done. I open by end of November they tear out the platforms and the new loading platform is on ground level.

Please let this be the Wicked Cyclone of the west, so many people have given that ride great reviews

No matter what RMC does with Roar, I have no doubt that it will be a spectacular ride!

This is a pretty acurate rendering of what Iron Roar could be like:

It doesn't seem nearly as good as the most recent rmc's. Also with apparently 22 crossovers or whatever SF:DK touted on their facebook page recently, I suspect that will have something big to do with it. The video also makes the ride structure look a lot smaller then it currently is.

Plus I can't see them keeping the raised platform loading bay. Just because I figure they want to remove the wheelcahir handicap access elevator.

Less than a month away from the announcement! The more RMC announcements I see, the more I have high hopes for Steel Roar! RMC likes to break records with every new ride, I wonder what records Roar could break? Lightning Rod will already be the first launched wooden coaster! I literally can't even imagine, RMC is always one step ahead of the game!

After seeing Lightning Run, and considering SFDK has no other full size non-inverting coasters, I think Roar may end up not having any inversions, but rather a shit load of airtime instead. The linked YouTube has pretty much zero chance of even being close to what we get haha. An inversion before the lift hill? Come on man.....

After seeing Lightning Run, and considering SFDK has no other full size non-inverting coasters, I think Roar may end up not having any inversions, but rather a poo-poo load of airtime instead. The linked YouTube has pretty much zero chance of even being close to what we get haha. An inversion before the lift hill? Come on man.....

Some sort of jojo roll could be cool tho

After seeing Lightning Run, and considering SFDK has no other full size non-inverting coasters, I think Roar may end up not having any inversions, but rather a poo-poo load of airtime instead. The linked YouTube has pretty much zero chance of even being close to what we get haha. An inversion before the lift hill? Come on man.....

That would be ideal, but realistically, this is Six Flags and RMC. RMC does inversions very well, and Six Flags (come to think of it) hasn't installed a full size steel coaster without inversions in quite a long time. Was Texas Giant the last time? That would be a little ironic.