TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

They can add another B&M invert and the GP would not know any better. Remember the parks don't make decsions for Enthusiasts they won't care if they add 4 inverts to the park aslong as the GP goes to the parks to ride them.

Just like RCT3- you can add the same coaster in the park multiple times and they ride it.

On another note- the coaster being over water is not unique- even for that style! The same half of Darien Lake's version is over water.

I take it, the trains are the same old ones and they aren't using the new restraints?

Wait, didn't they send the trains to another park for spare parts? If so, this might just be another opportunity for Vekoma to try out their new trains. They certainly worked great and made for a good ride experience on Great Nor Easter by eliminating the headbanging. The only problem there was the signature "Vekoma gap" between the wheels and track was still there (I believe they simply changed the restraints on the old trains). If they can fix that like Michigan's Adventure did when they rebuilt Thunderhawk, this new SLC could actually be a hit to coaster enthusiasts as well.

I don't really mind that they are getting a second invert. Afterall, look at parks with more than one sitdown looping coaster, more than one wooden coaster, more than one coaster over 200ft tall... the list goes on. Why can't this apply to inverts as well?

Maybe because there's only half as many seats per row?

That's about the only explanation I can come up with.

I was also thinking the same too.

As for the original trains, I think they're being used as a part donor. I don't think Vekoma makes the old style train anymore, so if the trains are getting replaced, it's going to be the new ones.

And just because the headbanging is eliminated doesn't mean it's not rough. I'm sure The Great Nor'easter is still rough and you get thrown around alot. It's that wheel assembly problem that they've got to fix.

ok so like they are putting in another inverted rollercaoster i mean yeah the vampire is fun but like i was kind of thinking they should make a rollercaoster thats higher the goliath cuz for a little while it was the tallest rollercaoster in canada but now its canadas wonder land but oh well i am sure it will still be fun

ok so like they are putting in another inverted rollercaoster i mean yeah the vampire is fun but like i was kind of thinking they should make a rollercaoster thats higher the goliath cuz for a little while it was the tallest rollercaoster in canada but now its canadas wonder land but oh well i am sure it will still be fun

You've been warned in other threads, please clean up your posts (use proper grammar and spelling for starters!) or don't post anymore.

Thanks!

I've only been on one SLC (SFNE's Mind Eraser) compared to 5 B&M inverts (no Batmans though), and Vekoma's SLC doesn't even come close to B&M in my opinion. Sure Mind Eraser actually isn't all that bad and has some really cool elements, but B&M is just so glass smooth and enjoyable from start to finish.

I think that the choice of putting an old ride to a new park is great, but it seems weird to have a B&M invert and an SLC at the same park. Maybe they can pull off something great with the "over the water" thing, but I'm still unsure of what the result could look like.

I guess we'll have to wait and see !

Also, I wonder what the name will be !