TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster Tycoon Mobile (RCTM) Discussion Thread

What they should do is just make an improved rct2 with more scenery, new coaster types (ie: wing, strata, intamin accelerator, rmc topper track and i-box), more track pieces and versatility so you can make better recreations, and other small improvements. I would definitely buy that game. Rct2 was the best game they made IMO.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Childhood = in the toilet...

It looks like that "Theme Park" game that (if I'm correct) was the PC that started this genre. The graphics are worse than the originals, I'd gladly put RCT2 on my iPad, wouldn't waste a penny on this!

I think Theme Park Studio is going to mop up most of the audience this was intense for tbh.

Why has no one figured out that the reason why the original series did so well is that people want to build things that look like REAL PARKS!!!

Nothing in this game looks like anything you'd actually see at a real park. It looks like they just took one of the bazillion other "roller coaster crappy mobile apps" and slapped the RCT name on it

This is really disappointing.

That is why I loved RCT series! This is an extreme disappointment. I would rather have RCT 1 on mobile then this bs.

In this age of mobile technology you can't have horrible graphics unless it was made to be that way, RCT is not met to be that way!

It's like they took Theme Park app that is already on mobile and slapped RCT name on it. The sad part was this game was announced almost 2 years ago but Atari almost went bankrupt and this is the end result. Just terrible and yet another game with dumb in app purchases.

It's like they took Theme Park app that is already on mobile and slapped RCT name on it. The sad part was this game was announced almost 2 years ago but Atari almost went bankrupt and this is the end result. Just terrible and yet another game with dumb in app purchases.

I was thinking that. It does look very similar to that app. I don't understand this cartoon look.

The YouTube video has the worst like/dislike ratio I have ever seen!

This game looks like complete crap. The graphics and functionality look to be a giant step down from the ORIGINAL RollerCoaster Tycoon. The user interface looks absolutely horrible.

Plus, this absolutely reeks of in-app purchases which will probably be used to get more rides and attractions, or for "marketing". This completely defeats the WHOLE PURPOSE of the game which is to play through the scenario to earn the money to make the park bigger.

I'm so happy that I know how to Wineskin RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 because I'm not giving Atari any more of my money.

Remember, years back, when Atari stated that they were "thinking hard" about the next RCT game?

I am fairly certain they never read a single comment in that section.

Also, it sounds like this game announcement would be better as an April Fool's Joke.

To say that Atari is out of touch with their fanbase is an understatement.

This looks absolutely horrible.

Luckily thanks to the great RCT community RCT2 is still going strong and has always remained current thanks to the introduction of custom rides and scenery and some really talented players. In the last 6 months we've seen 2 of the best parks ever built released at New Element (Starpointe which was advertised here and Thorpe Park which was released yesterday and already won a Spotlight). Because of the continued success of that game I don't really feel like we need a new RCT.

I expect we are going to see something similar to the disaster that EA made with their new Dungeon Keeper game. A game where it takes FOREVER to actually do anything and a game that is almost unplayable as it is out of the box.. oh, unless you pay real money to speed things up and actually make the game semi-playable.

I think my favorite park is how terrible the scale of everything is. Either that 6-story hotel is just a miniature model or the wooden roller coaster is like 16 thousand feet tall! lol

This is just soooooo bad it's not even funny...

It seems to be just a bog standard mobile game. They are just using the name to attract more people to it. The title is simply a dumb marketing scheme. I thought I remembered Atari mentioning quite a while back that they'd be bringing the original RCT to mobile platforms but looks like this is what we got instead.

Something that I don't believe is being acknowledged is the fact that Chris Sawyer is the brain behind the RCT franchise. He served as consultant for RCT3 when not Atari, but FRONTIER developed RCT3 (Atari was only the publisher and advertiser at the time). Chris Sawyer ditched the franchise when he sued Atari for not paying him royalties at the time of developing the third installment. It doesn't seem that Frontier contributed at all to this project or RCT3D, so it's only Atari behind this installment. Considering they lost both creative leads (with Sawyer being the more prominent one), I don't really think they will be able to create a game on par as the previous installments, or even know how to, actually.

RCT4 to me is more of a business strategy to tackle the mobile audience and to try and "salvage" the franchise (or at least showcase that the series is continuing). Because this is a mobile game, a lot of the content isn't articulated enough, such as the discrepancies in scale and roller coasters being way too basic and lacking a lot of detail. As interested as I am in relaying the message to them, I'm not convinced yet that they would not only accept the feedback but do something about it.