TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Insane Coaster Wars Season 3

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a real shame that there were not many UK coasters on the show. The smiler at least should of been on it with its 14 inversion gimmick.

From what I understand Alton Towers was not very cooperative to work with. I don't think it was a lack of wanting UK coasters on the show, it was more about what parks were willing to work with the production company.

It's a real shame that there were not many UK coasters on the show. The smiler at least should of been on it with its 14 inversion gimmick.

From what I understand Alton Towers was not very cooperative to work with. I don't think it was a lack of wanting UK coasters on the show, it was more about what parks were willing to work with the production company.

While I'm not involved in the television or theme park industry this doesn't make any sense to me. Do you have any insight into why a park would ever turn down what is essentially a free extended commercial for their rides? You would think that parks would bend over backwards for anyone that wanted to give them free publicity, especially to such a large audience.

Edited by coasterbill

While I'm not involved in the television or theme park industry this doesn't make any sense to me. Do you have any insight into why a park would ever turn what is essentially a free extended commercial for their rides? You would think that parks would bend over backwards for anyone that wanted to give them free publicity, especially to such a large audience.

You would think, right? But like Elissa said, some parks are just not smart enough or too corporate to be able to cooperate. Why do you think Six Flags Magic Mountain was not in the first season?

Edited by robbalvey

I was one of the featured riders on Steel Dragon 2000. It was a fun experience shooting it, but I dread watching it. I think I'm probably gonna look like an idiot. Lol!

The shows have a way of making you say and act in terrible ways that you never would in real life. I hate that every show has to have some sort of 'spin' or 'angle' or 'story'. Just show some fun roller coasters like they used to in the 90's shows. Just ask 'my best friend Neil who I planned the Taiwan trip with' for another example of reality tv!!!

but. . . "it's on top of a Mountain! I look over there and I see a mountain"

hehehe

(I keed, I keed, I wish I could be on a show like this!)

I just about spit my food out when they called Gatekeeper "the most intense coaster in the world"

I mean, I like Gatekeeper, it's fun, but intense is not a word I'd use to describe it. Also lol'd at the rider who said it had "serious airtime". She needs to go ride Magnum XL on the other side of the park and then get back to us.

Not Coaster Wars related but Travel Channel related. New show (not sure if it's a series or just one episode) airing right now called Mission Amusement. The show is focusing on Conneaut Lake Park and their current debt situation.
I saw that and it was very interesting. Sad to hear that the park hasn't really done any better since the show left (There's a TR on here from afterwards). It seemed so promising by the end of the episode.

I just about spit my food out when they called Gatekeeper "the most intense coaster in the world"

I mean, I like Gatekeeper, it's fun, but intense is not a word I'd use to describe it. Also lol'd at the rider who said it had "serious airtime". She needs to go ride Magnum XL on the other side of the park and then get back to us.

After hearing those two comments I knew somebody on here would post about them.

I agree. I really like GateKeeper and rank it near the top of my list, but it only has two forceful parts and one airtime moment. Maybe the lady thought that hang time on the zero-G rolls and dive drop elements counted as airtime?

^ Yeah thats the thing, and I've seen it on a couple other coasters this year where theyre voting and they go "Oh airtime, that had lots of airtime!" These people clearly have no clue what airtime even is. That's not Travel Channel's fault, but ideally someone should at least give them a one sentence explanation of what each category is that they're voting for.

I thought it was interesting how YOLOcoaster got a higher score than gatekeeper. But I thought it was even more shocking how high me freeze placed! I also thought steel dragons rating seemed a bit low.

Mr. Freeze is definitely an underrated coaster, so I'm excited that it won.

I thought it was interesting how YOLOcoaster got a higher score than gatekeeper. But I thought it was even more shocking how high me freeze placed!

That's EXACTLY how I would have scored them!

Although they are both unique style coasters, YOLOcoaster is the better ride, even though Premier isn't my favorite manufacturer. Also, there are multiple wing riders, and Full Throttle has some unique elements specific to it.

I have full throttle ranked higher than gatekeeper too. I rode gatekeeper twice and was good for an entire two day trip and rode full throttle twice at last years wcb and am really looking forward to getting in some more rides during this years bash.

I just watched the episode that features Gatekeeper. I have to say the ride was extremely exaggerated IMHO. They listed it as having a lot of airtime and being very forceful. Which, I thought had none of those. I did ride it in the beggining of the season. So, I'm sure it had warmed up since then.

I thought it was interesting how YOLOcoaster got a higher score than gatekeeper. But I thought it was even more shocking how high me freeze placed! I also thought steel dragons rating seemed a bit low.

Mr. Freeze is definitely an underrated coaster, so I'm excited that it won.

I also find Mr. Freeze to be underrated and even though I like YOLOcoaster more, I can see why it won.