TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fastest inversion

I googled this, and did a quick search on the forum, and couldn't find anything. If this is a known fact already or if there's already a thread about this, please feel free to lock/delete with extreme prejudice.

I don't mean the fastest coaster that also has an inversion, I mean on what inversion, on what coaster, has the train going at the highest mph at the point at which your feet are over your head. No overbanks, I'm talking true inversions.

I have a couple guesses. Some of the older B&M inverts might be up there, for instance I haven't ridden it but Flight Deck at CGA has an EXTREMELY fast looking corkscrew, though maybe with B&M's precision engineering, all of the similarly-sized corkscrews on Raptor and such would be around the same speed. Maverick's heartline roll may have been a contender if it hadn't been removed. iSpeed's corkscrew over the station also has to be up there. And this, this might just win:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Am I missing any obvious ones?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not being fluent in the mathmatics but I guess the fastest inversion would be one that pulls the lowest Gs while built the most spread out. A loop by its design pulls way to much Gs as you enter and leave it - thats what made you most likely grey out between loops on the old Thriller were the exit of loop one is the entry for loop two.

I guess a large spread-out and well calculated corkscrew, zero-G-roll or inline-twist should be the inversions to traverse at higher speeds.

Without knowing the actual speed, I have to guess that some of the early B&M coasters probably had the fastest inversions. The Batman clones, Flight Deck, and the Vortex twins come to mind as having particularly quick corkscrews/zero-g rolls. For loops, old Schwarzkopf loopers like Montezooma's Revenge feel pretty fast, as do coasters with small loops (namely Arrow and Pinfari loopers).

If we're talking about roll rate and not linear speed, 1990s B&M coasters and some of the more twisted Intamin maneuvers (such as the twisted horseshoe roll on Maverick) definitely feel the most snappy and seem to twist the quickest.

Interesting thread, but just to make sure: is the question what is the inversion which the train enters at the highest speed (then it could be furius baco) or what is the inversion which is taken during the smallest period of time (Ispeed or some B&M invert corkscrews could be one)?

Interesting thread, but just to make sure: is the question what is the inversion which the train enters at the highest speed (then it could be furius baco) or what is the inversion which is taken during the smallest period of time (Ispeed or some B&M invert corkscrews could be one)?

Neither exactly, the question isn't which inversion does the train enter at the highest speed, but which inversion are you traveling the fastest when you're actually upside-down.

Alpengeist, Raptor, and Batman-the Rid take their zero- rolls and corkscrews really fast. King's Island's Vortex and Raptor also take their vertical loops really fast!