TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fastest inversion

Fastest I've ever experienced was probably Kumba's zero-g roll and when the train rocketed through the cobra roll. I think Olympia Looping and Mind Bender at West Edmonton would be up there with the fastest inversions, maybe not just for speed, but for how quickly they complete the loops.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Me too. It's kind of deceiving as the roll itself is not so fast in the way that it takes a bit to complete but the speed the train carries through it, to say the least, is the fastest I've encountered.

Im surprised nobody mentioned the pretzle loop on Tatsu. You're hauling through that thing at the bottom

I totally meant to mention this in my post, it would probably be the winner except to me it doesn't really count, since you're not upsidedown at the bottom, you're lying on your back, which is not the same thing. It's arbitrary of course, kind of like how RCDB never considered Eejanaika to have the largest number of inversions.

I think Furious Baco might just take it....

On Tatsu's pretzel loop you are upside down, though.

I agree, it should still count as an inversion. On a B&M flying coaster, the normal riding position is face-down and the inverted position is face-up. If the pretzel loop does not count as an inversion, what on the flying coaster would?

Im surprised nobody mentioned the pretzle loop on Tatsu. You're hauling through that thing at the bottom

I totally meant to mention this in my post, it would probably be the winner except to me it doesn't really count, since you're not upsidedown at the bottom, you're lying on your back, which is not the same thing. It's arbitrary of course, kind of like how RCDB never considered Eejanaika to have the largest number of inversions.

Your body does go upside down on a pretzel loop at this point:

841755132_pretzelloopupsidedown.png.86596e522016cbaa98ea27fa231c0377.png

Image credit: rcdb.com

I think the Maverick's removed heartline roll would be the fastest.

Maybe the first heartline roll of iSpeed could be the fastest as well.

Why did it get removed? The first time I heard of this was during a CP Quiz at Cedar Point in the Gatekeeper station during a storm..

Because the forces were too high

Your body does go upside down on a pretzel loop at this point:

[attachment=0]pretzel loop upside down.png[/attachment]

Image credit: rcdb.com

Yes but that's not the point at which you're going the fastest, so if we were going with a strict definition of "upside down" (just for the purposes of this discussion) it probably wouldn't win.

^Yep. While it does haul-it at the bottom of the element, that's not the fastest part of the ride.

I don't mean the fastest coaster that also has an inversion, I mean on what inversion, on what coaster, has the train going at the highest mph at the point at which your feet are over your head. No overbanks, I'm talking true inversions.

I'd like to hear more about coasters that complete their inversion in a short amount of time along with this. Not just going through it at top MPH, like the barrel roll on Furios Baco, but be in and out of it in a super short amount of time, like the mid to smaller loops on Olympia Looping or the corkscrews on Batman: The Ride clones.