• The Great Escape
    • Michigan's Adventure

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^ But The Great Escape has The Comet. I've never been on Shivering Timbers, nor have I visited Michigan's Adventure, but The Comet is fantastic!

Also, I get the MA and GE correlation since they're similar parks in terms of size and location, but how does Six Flags America come into play?

^ But The Great Escape has The Comet. I've never been on Shivering Timbers, nor have I visited Michigan's Adventure, but The Comet is fantastic!

Also, I get the MA and GE correlation since they're similar parks in terms of size and location, but how does Six Flags America come into play?

People hate Six Flags America. I'm not a fan of it but there are worse parks. Course I was last there in 06 and have no desire to go back (Cause I've ridden all their new coasters at SFGAm ).

I'm a little confused by the prompt, Six Flags Great Escape is hardly the worst Six Flags park. I've never been to Michigan's Adventure, but Great Escape actually has some charm and a good amount of the original park intact. Comet is a fantastic ride that is generally forgotten about among enthusiast circles, and the other coasters, though perhaps not unique, are well-maintained and provide a nice selection for the GP. Can you clarify your question a bit on whether you are asking for the worst or the best?

I don't understand this thread. If I read it right, I *think* it's suggesting that both Michigan's Advenutre and Great Escape are both terrible parks, right?

Great Escape is a REALLY NICE park. I'm not even sure why it would be listed, or considered the "worst in the chain." I've been a few times and we've always really enjoyed our visits to that park.

And as for Michigan's Adventure, well, while it may not be the nicest park out there, and arguably the least favorite of the parks in the CF chain by enthusiasts, correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't CF actually done a lot to improve that park over the years? We haven't been since 2002 so I'm not sure.

Before anyone asks "What about Six Flags America?" to which my reply is that they have more major thrill rides. They may be clones and horrible but they are major thrill rides.

While I'm not a Great Escape fan simply because of their horrifically bad operations on every single ride besides Comet, I still think Six Flags America is a worse park. Great Escape is actually very nice and has a lot of unique features. Six Flags America has the same terrible operations AND is the ugliest SIx Flags park I've ever seen.

I really liked Michigan's Adventure. It's a really nice medium park, and Shivering Timbers is a fantastic coaster that ran butter smooth for me this year. Honestly, Carowinds is my least favorite of the CF parks.

Also, I wouldn't put Great Escape as Six Flags' worst. I would put that on Six Flags America. It's literally their red headed stepchild.

Personally I love MA, but I have to give this one to Great Escape. They have a better selection of rides, like Sasquatch and Comet, and then their new ride for 2014.

La Ronde is the worst SF park by miles and miles and Michigan's Adventure, mediocre as it may be, is far superior to La Ronde in most every way. The only thing that La Ronde has over it are two pretty good B&M coasters, but when you're looking at wanting to gouge your eyes out from the one train wait and unionized, no F's given operations crew, who cares?

I'm not voting on this poll. Never been to MA, and proberly never will visit that park. I did go to The Great Escape, and i really loved that little park! Comet is great, well the entire park is great! And most important it's the best way to get rid of your thoughts about La Ronde...

I really liked both parks to be honest.

MA had one of the strangest layouts to a park I have ever visited, but I though it was decent and very clean. Shivering Timbers also cracked my top ten woodies this year. Some of the best airtime I have ever had on a woodie (in the front seat) this side of El Toro.

Great Escape had probably more charm than any other of the SF chains that I have visited...and like everyone else, I loved Comet!

I haven't been to either but both parks look like a fun time. I chose MiA because I slightly prefer it's coaster selection and setting on the lake. I also have only heard good reviews about their SLC.

Still would like to visit both parks.

I have visited both parks and have my opinions on both

I visited the Great Escape once in 2010 and I remember being very pleased with the cutesy family atmosphere and beautiful landscapes that the park provided. Comet was a pleasant surprise for me and a great coaster but besides it and Sasquatch (The S&S Tower from SFNO) the park was really lacking in rides that I was actually interested in experiencing.

However, I live about 200 miles away from Michigan's Adventure and love Shivering Timbers so much that I made 3 trips to the park this summer. ST alone makes MI a destination that I much prefer over TGE, and Thunderhawk is probably the smoothest SLC I've ever rode, and the only one I actually will re-ride. Past that however, MI is a bit bare to the bones in the thrill rides department. I respect the small park feel and find that a lower attendance park like MI is a refreshing change from the crowded midways and hour long waits of the largest corporate parks. That alone makes both of these parks enjoyable destination, but I prefer MI just a bit more.

I am pretty close to MI Adventures but my opinion is no way biased due to locale...I'd drive the extra hour or so to Cedar Point in a heartbeat, but this place is nice when I've got little ones in the family visiting over the summer or folks want a more relaxed atmosphere.

I, like ^ , visited the Great Escape once in 2010 and pretty much everything there is true, nice family park and Comet/Sasquatch were good.

MiA I give an edge for Shivering Timbers and Thunderhawk, and the awesome water park where what seems like 90% of the park disappears to so I can spend time with friends/family on some of the thrill rides. Looking at MI Adventures, the admission price is good for those that just plan a trip with the family as it is affordable - They could truly use a few more roller coasters (they have quite a lot of land) and some additional flat rides - we shall see how the new darkride at CW turns out and possibly we could see one here in the future (if this helps you plan to visit in a few years as well).

I've only been to Great Escape.

Sometimes I feel a bit miffed when people call it the worst SF park. Yes, the coaster collection is lackluster to most enthusiast minds. But the Great Escape is probably the most pleasant and relaxing park in the chain. It's definitely kept a lot of the small-park feel, fun to calmly wander and explore. Comet is the star: a simple, classic airtime machine. And I rode more leisurely transportation rides there than I have anywhere else: the Sky Ride, train and Swan Boats.

I like the fact that Michigan's Adventure has three woodies, even if only one is outstanding (and that one, possibly inconsistent). For some reason I always imagine it as bigger than the comparable CF parks, but I guess I'm wrong.