TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2013 Trade Show - TPR's Official Report!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool that Silverwood bought that crazy kiddie spinning coaster! Not surprised since they just worked with SBF Visa for SpinCycle.

Interesting they sold another coaster in the USA... Wasn't 2013 their first year with coasters here? (Funplex's Coaster, Steel Pier Coaster, and Martin's Fantasy Island Coaster)

I like the new format better than last years, just as informative but more entertaining and better paced due to editing. Thanks for your efforts in all the coverage. Too bad Intamin could not have been available earlier to you. And I just I love hearing that RMC is fully booked.

It would be great to see those Kumbak trains makes some more appearances, they have been a major improvement to Arkham Asylum and would be a relatively inexpensive way to breathe new life into an old ride. Without earbashing the SLCs are actually pretty decent coasters!

That was great. I've never watched one of your IAAPA videos before, but this was very entertaining. I'm guessing in the older ones you had longer cuts with each interviewee, but the pacing and random "midway" ride/game moments were well placed!

I'm curious. What is everyone's favorite responses from the questions that I asked?

Probably anything that long-haired RMC guy said. A good, long coaster from them would really be incredible. Outlaw Run does its course, but one of their coasters 30-60 second done in similar fashion...

"If you could build anything with no restrictions, what would you build?":

Premier - Dueling YOLO'z? - Really...really?! Out of anything?

S&S - Did he say a 4-D free spin? - that sound awesome

Walter Bolliger - The fact that he's satisfied with what they have - He has reason to be satisfied, but where is the imagination? Also that he thinks their coasters carry a lot of character...

"Craziest idea anybody has asked you to build?":

Sally - Christmas ride for China.

Walter Bolliger - I don't think we've ever [been] asked a crazy idea.

RMC - Nobody's asked me anything crazier than I've proposed. - that dude is a total badass.

"Cheetah or Elephant?":

US Thrill Rides - How about an elephant with a cheetah head?

Premier and RMC both sound like they have big plans! I hope Premier brings big surprises! I can't wait to see what "will be built" that could have been built at Silverwood by RMC. I'm guessing it'd be either a launched or maybe an inverted wooden coaster.

I like that you asked the Hard Rock Park question. I think those who responded gave a lot of great insight!

I'm honestly SHOCKED that no one has mentioned the story of Garner Holt talking about the Japanese guy who wanted a Marylin Manroe animatornic that would give him a kiss every night. It was very hard not to start laughing during that interview.

Alan came off a bit cocky to me.

In the videos he's always just struck me as a guy who is just so happy to be living his dream, I mean a lot of them are but the way he talks about all his projects he looks like a guy who can't stop pinching himself that this is his life, him and RicK from pro-slide always just seem stoked to talk with other people about any of the things they have on offer.

Hey did ProSlide have any new waterslide concepts they were introducing? I saw their waterslide park which looked cool, but was there anything else that was new or new-ish?

I'm extremely curious about this too, the waterslide innovations tend to be my favorite part of IAAPA

Walter Bollinger - "We build what we like to build. If you don't like it, go @#%* yourself."

It's a really good thing what they like to build kicks some major A$$.

I kind of like his subtle confidence.

^ At one time yes.

From a business stand point, I think they still do a great job. They build smooth, high capacity, beautiful coasters that the majority of people enjoy. Also, parks love their reliability.

From an enthusiast standpoint, I wish they would push the envelope a little more, like they used to, to bring back some more forces.

Well, here's to hoping KI's new invert will bring back some of the forces we know and love from the origonal B&Ms. If not, at least we've got companies like RMC and Intamin .

Anyway,love the new format, Robb. Think my only suggestion for next year would be,8if you have more time, to do like a walkthrough of the convention center, so we can get a sense of just how huge/jam packed the place is... I've only seen floor plans, and little bits and pieces through the footage people have posted

I'm honestly SHOCKED that no one has mentioned the story of Garner Holt talking about the Japanese guy who wanted a Marylin Manroe animatornic that would give him a kiss every night. It was very hard not to start laughing during that interview.

Yep--that was a good one.