TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2013 Trade Show - TPR's Official Report!

I think Robb should spend his time at IAAPA today asking those same questions to the following vendors:

- Dippin Dots

- Plush Manufacturer

- Funnel Sticks guy

- Someone in a mascot costume

- Animatronic dinosaur

Edited by SharkTums

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Robb should spend his time at IAAPA today asking those same questions to the following vendors:

- Dippin Dots

- Plush Manufacturer

- Funnel Sticks guy

- Animatronic dinosaur

This is among the greatest ideas in history. I'd personally love to watch hours of Robb interviewing animatronic dinosaurs.

dt

Edited by SharkTums

"What is the craziest idea anyone has asked you to build?"

Thorsten Koebele (Mack Rides): -"Have a ride which is 250 m (820 ft) high."

That would be awesome!

I quite liked the new format, as pointed out, the answers had been the same for a while and this format made things more interesting. Nice coverage!

- Dippin Dots

- Plush Manufacturer

- Funnel Sticks guy

- Animatronic dinosaur

This is among the greatest ideas in history. I'd personally love to watch hours of Robb interviewing animatronic dinosaurs.

dt

Robb: Would you rather be an elephant or a cheetah?

Animatronic Dino: ROAR!

Edited by SharkTums

I enjoy how the video looks this year. Something fresh and isn't IAAPA all about new and fresh?

- Great how you ask the questions about Elephant vs Cheetah.

- I found it interesting that you asked about Hard Rock Music Park. It really showed what kind of experts the manufacturer's are.

- Had a good laugh during lot of the answers. (Balloon suspended coaster, Son of Beast, Lala land, moon ride, Alan Schilke's coaster dream, Deck on the house, and some more.)

- I hoped Walter would talk more. But no, again keeping his mouth shut. He should talk about the new trains or something, he may keep quite about the future but talk about the news we know already.

- Interesting ideas that never made it.

Great interviews, looking forward to day 2.

- Dippin Dots

- Plush Manufacturer

- Funnel Sticks guy

- Animatronic dinosaur

dt

Exactly! Come on, it would at least be more entertaining than the B&M Interview!

Edited by SharkTums

- Dippin Dots

- Plush Manufacturer

- Funnel Sticks guy

- Animatronic dinosaur

- The most ghetto looking inflatable booth

dt

Exactly! Come on, it would at least be more entertaining than the B&M Interview!

Then add a cut at the end of the video where Robb is talking to the guys at Intamin booth saying "You guys are f*ing Awesome!" then drop the mic and walk away.

Really enjoyed the video! Loved the response about building a coaster on the moon and having their software set up for 1/6th the gravity just in case

Thanks Robb for all the great coverage so far!

Excellent video! I think the new format is fantastic. I thought the old format was fine...but this new format is more captivating.

As far as what question was best, I think the HRP question was fantastic. As a marketing guy, I loved listening to the industry experts share their two cents on a recent failure.

More photos from Day 2!

But first a video of S&S testing their next generation 4D coasters!

[vine]

[/vine]

001.thumb.jpg.e5b2506267ada7d68705c9f776b38511.jpg

KumbaK has an "replacement SLC" train from WBMW in Australia on display. It was comfy!

002.thumb.jpg.ffd8aa73138968b7bed465c26adfafed.jpg

Six Flags Great America is about to unveil something at the Rocky Mountain Booth! What could it be?

003.thumb.jpg.ebc2b2aeb0f370caed3fae22c5a7cc9a.jpg

The Goliath lead car for Six Flags Great America has been officially unveiled!

004.thumb.jpg.972d6d1aa176b13bc677bcf1ff0a5c03.jpg

About to see something new from The Gravity Group. What could it be???

005.thumb.jpg.c50d4e56f0034944160c67d304477319.jpg

Story land in New Hampshire has announced a new Gravity Group woodie! Roarasaurus!!!

Edited by ernierocker

The video this year was fantastic! The format was fresh, the questions and answers were fun, and we still learned a few really interesting things. So glad you took a risk on changing things up, because it paid off so well! Loved hearing about the coaster on balloons, it's always fascinating to hear about clients like that, and everyone (well, ALMOST everyone) was really genuine and their passion was so evident!

I hope we get to hear more about the next gen 4th Dimension coaster, because that vine clip was awesome! I'd love to hear about what S&S has done to simplify the design and how they see it competing with something a little less expensive like B&M's wing coaster. It already looks like a blast, and I'm sure it's a hell of a lot smoother with that new track design.

Great coverage as always. Keep trying new things, because it's really fun to see things in a new light this year!

Robb, that was so much mor interesting to watch than other previous IAAPA videos. If not just for the cutting around B&M. His pauses alone in the last few years ate up 30% of his interviews. And when Alan Schilkie mentioned, "something longer," all I could think was, "Please let him be referencing the rumored Colossus Iron Horse redo. Please! Please! Please! Let it be the rumored Colossus Iron Horse redo."

I also liked the CCI reverse track coaster thingy they were proposing. Is that being built somewhere, or was it just a concept.

^If you look at the surroundings, it looks like Elitch Gardens in Denver. Note the observation tower and Mile High in the background. Hopefully we'll get word of what's going on there if it happens.

However, they also have a video showing a proposed Rye Airplane-esque coaster in what appears to be Fiesta Texas, but there's no word if this will actually be built or not:

^^I wouldn't put too much stock in where promo videos are/what's in the background. Companies use "real" type landscapes all the times as it is easier to market than a ride in a field... and for 95% of the people who look at the video they would have no idea that it is a certain park.