TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

West Coast Bash 2016 will be Saturday September 10th at Six Flags Magic Mountain and Sunday September 11th at Knott's Berry Farm! What ride are you looking forward to the most?

West Coast Bash is a theme park/roller coaster fan event where attractions are open exclusively for our event before and after the park opens! Don't miss it! More details will be available soon here!

Xcelerator got stuck on the top hat for a couple hours today. It had come down by the time I got there, but I guess the wind and cold and moisture during morning testing got the best of it. A big gust gave it enough of a jolt to knock it off balance so it could come back. I got sent a video Snap Chat, but couldn't save it and the picture doesn't really let you see what's happening.

Interesting. Was it during morning testing or were people on it?

Morning

Xcelerator got stuck on the top hat for a couple hours today. It had come down by the time I got there, but I guess the wind and cold and moisture during morning testing got the best of it. A big gust gave it enough of a jolt to knock it off balance so it could come back. I got sent a video Snap Chat, but couldn't save it and the picture doesn't really let you see what's happening.

My XC operating days were filled with watching the trains stall on the top hat for 10-15 seconds. My favorite thing to do was launch a train that had been sitting in the waiting block during a downpour. Watching all of the water dump out of the train is fantastic.

Xcelerator has to be the best launch coaster of the west

Add to that, I believe it was The First Launch Coaster of it's kind (with a top hat) that opened in the US.

And Knott's also had the very first steel corkscrew coaster, too, back in the day.

My XC operating days were filled with watching the trains stall on the top hat for 10-15 seconds. My favorite thing to do was launch a train that had been sitting in the waiting block during a downpour. Watching all of the water dump out of the train is fantastic.

Is the button in your picture from Xcelerator? Sorry if you've answered that many times before.

I believe it was The First Launch Coaster of it's kind (with a top hat) that opened in the US.

That is correct. Xcelerator was the 1st Intamin "Accelerator" coaster.

First hydraulic launch!

You're correct.

Is the button in your picture from Xcelerator? Sorry if you've answered that many times before.

Yes it is. How'd you guess?

^ I really didn't know that. Having never seen a control panel, I think I'd just assumed they said warning or caution or something similar. Trouble does seem a much nicer word though, now I just need to see a control panel that says "making mischief" instead.

^ I really didn't know that. Having never seen a control panel, I think I'd just assumed they said warning or caution or something similar. Trouble does seem a much nicer word though, now I just need to see a control panel that says "making mischief" instead.

Well the more you know.....

Xcelerator's PLC Panelview is located in the PLC room down by the queue so the operator panels only have a trouble light on them to alert the operators that maintenance needs to be called and then the maintenance personnel will determine what exactly pissed the PLC off by looking at the fault code/description on the Panelview. Any other questions, let me know.

^OK, here goes.

A city bus is running the morning route. At the first stop, you pick up 36 people, at the next stop, you pick up 13 more. On your next stop you drop off 26. After that you add 7 more, then drop off 20. At your last two stops you pick up 9 more and drop off 3. When you return back to Union Station you drop off 16 of your remaining passengers. If the math is correct, what would the buss drivers name be?

^OK, here goes.

A city bus is running the morning route. At the first stop, you pick up 36 people, at the next stop, you pick up 13 more. On your next stop you drop off 26. After that you add 7 more, then drop off 20. At your last two stops you pick up 9 more and drop off 3. When you return back to Union Station you drop off 16 of your remaining passengers. If the math is correct, what would the buss drivers name be?

medal.JPG.47fb46ee64f66f570ce1b3cbe62d443b.JPG