TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rides you would ameliorate?

Are there any rides that have one thing that really keep it being an awesome ride? Or another element of some sort that could be added that would improve it?

Some examples that come to mind for me:

- Millenium force's straight section should be a second ejector hill. I feel like it would add so much to the pacing of the end of the ride.

- bizarros trains. What was wrong with roomy t-bars and being able to see in front of you?

- skyrushs trains. Would have been fine with otsrs..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my list:

Viper (SFMM): I would change the initial drop from a driving drop to a level turn around then a direct drop as seen in the Vortex (KI). Also have the coaster drop sharper and lower to the ground before and climb higher and stepper for the first inversion. (Going very overboard) change the layout giving the ride interlocking loops with the first and second loop.

Scream (SFMM): change the initial drop from driving drop to the same as found in the Superman Kryton Coaster.

Magnum XL-200 & Mamba: add a pre-drop as seen in X2 & B&M for after the lift hill as this tends to let the coaster a bit of boost for airtime. I would give the Mamba new trains Arrow if I could get them as they feel less clunky, if not that I guess B&M or Premier.

Arrow loopers: what ever trains with whatever restraints will help make the ride more enjoyable for those whom have problems. I don't have any problems with them myself, but I want them to be more comfortable so then people will want the parks to hold on them.

King River Mine Train & Gold Rusher: New trains with individual lap bars and some padding for the seats.

Boomerangs: either replace the Cobra Roll with a Batwing inversion or an over banked turn and have them launched.

Revolution (SFMM): lose the over the shoulder restraints.

All wooden coasters: replace trains with Millennium Flyers.

All Stand up B&Ms: a new restraint system more similar to their flying coasters (soft OTSR and restraints for legs instead of the banana seats and hard & narrow OTSR).

ZacSpins: pre-set inversions more like Arrow/S&S (Most likely impossible).

Gerstlauer Spinning Coasters: limitations to speed of spinning to avoid getting sick on coaster.

Mr. Freeze: add some softer padding to the seat and to the sides and have one train in reverse and one facing forward.

Titan and Goliath: switch to B&M trains.

Mean Streak: Iron Horse into something less painful and fun or Demolish.

Boss: On top of Millennium Flyers add any Topper Track needed and add a barrel roll if possible.

Timber Wolf: Iron Horse into something quicker and more interesting or Demolish.

I'd remove the awful OTSRs on both Maverick and Revolution (leaving lap bars only on Revolution and putting I-305 restraints on Maverick) so I could actually enjoy both of those without getting a near-concussion.

There are plenty of other coasters that have bad OTSRs that I'd replace with I-305 type or the new Vekoma type, but most of those aren't that great to begin with so probably wouldn't be worth it.

I'd also do a New Texas Giant type revision on coasters that were a lot of fun when they were brand new, like Wildcat at HP and Hurler at KD.

Boulder Dash: Extend first drop 20 feet to the base of the mountain. Have the turnaround be a 90 degree banked turn.

Bizarro: Old trains and add more S-shields. Am I the only one addicted to those things?

Cyclone SFNE: Restore first drop. Complete RMTT restoration.

Nitro: Lessen all the trim brakes. Maybe it was a rare occurrence, but the 2 days I was at the park I got little to no air on that ride.

-Grizzly, CGA... Modification would be: TAER IT DOWN!!11! (and replace it with a Blitz or Mega Coaster)

-Return SFMM's Revolution to lapbars only

-RMC topper track Ghost Rider...she would probably be very amazing if it weren't so bumpy! I still loved Ghost Rider though.

-As much as it would mess with the heartlining, convert CGA's Vortex to a sitdown or floorless.

Green Lantern (MM): Spin more!

Ninja (MM): Have lap bars instead of OTSRs.

GhostRider: Re-tracking/Topper track.

Grizzly (CGA): Replace the long, drawn out turns with airtime hills like the Grizzly in KD.

Kong: Vest restraints.

Skull Mountain: Darker room and no music

-As much as it would mess with the heartlining, convert CGA's Vortex to a sitdown or floorless.

Mantis - Change from a Stand-Up to a Sitdown/Floorless coaster.

Anaconda (Kings Dominion)-Replace OTSR or the trains.

Roar (Six Flags America)-Replace the PTC trains with Millennium Flyers.

Bizarro (Six Flags New England)-Change it back to Superman and take the stupid on board audio off (Wasn't even working when I went on), plus the seats make it harder to see.

Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa)-Take off the trims before the Batwing.

Oh this sounds like an awesome thread.

Great Bear (Hershey)- Make the ride a flyer. Change vertical loop to a 540 fly-to-lie like on Sky Scrapper, change trains to flyer trains.

Morgan Hypers- B&M trains like the ones on Steel Dragon. Minus the leg restraints, though.

Skyrush (Hershey)- Engineer something so that the bar sits on your waist like it should and would prevent the bar from tightening on ride.

Mean Streak (CP)- RMC that evil thing!

Maverick (CP)- I305 shoulder belts, like someone else mentioned.

Here's my list:

V2 Vertical Velocity (SFGAm): Operate the holding brake.

Demon (SFGAm): Replace the OTSRs with lap bars and have the last 3 cars go backwards.

American Eagle (SFGAm), Racer (KI): One train forward, one train backwards.

Raging Bull: Remove the trim brake on the first camelback hill to make more airtime and speed.

Maverick: Either install lap bars, use I305 restraints, or go AquaTrax!

Vortex (KI): Make the boomerang loop and the helix at the end less painful somehow. Maybe new trains would help.

Anaconda (KD): Remove the spirally section after the brake run, because they hurt.

Mean Streak and Hoosier Hurricane: Do Iron Horse treatment or demolish them.

Hurler (KD): Demolish it please!

Blue Streak (CP) and Viper (SFGAm): Two of the best wooden roller coasters I've been on, and this is just my opinion, but I would like to see a tunnel and use of headrest-less trains with no seat dividers, seatbelts, or individual lap bars!

Little Dipper (SFGAm): This is just my opinion, but I personally would have loved to see the original ramp and the lever-operated brakes operate on the ride, just to maintain its authenticity, and I don't see the point of the seatbelts on the ride.

All from Carowinds, my home park:)

Hurler: Iron Horse or Destroy the coaster for a GCI.

Intimidator: Add a Zero-G roll. I know its crazy, but I think it would be really cool and add to the ride!

Thunder Road: Finish the GCI makeover, replace all remaining old wood.

Vortex: Please turn Vortex into a Floorless coaster, add a Zero-G roll.

These would be great!

- All inverted vekomas should have the rubbery restraints that the Moreys Piers version has

- Ride of steel needs the straight section replaced with another airtime hill

- MagnumXL would be amazing with B&M trains

- 1st half of Steel Force + Phantoms Revenge after first drop = Morgan Coastergasm

- I305 with hydraulic launch and tophat vs. lift hill

- Leviathan with staggered B&M trains

Ninja at SFOG: Refit it with Carolina Cobra restraints to remove the main issue with the ride

Scream Machine at SFOG: retracking is in order, DO NOT alter the ride itself.

Mindbender at SFOG: stop saying it has 3 inversions in press material, and make the final brake run less sudden. (either way, this coaster is awesome!)

Georgia Cyclone: light it on fire, and when it is reduced to ashes, build a better coaster.

Hurler at Carowinds: Hurler 360, anyone? (yes, really.)

Carolina Cyclone: rename it Carolina Corkscrew

Expedition Everest: make the headrests less painful. (not vekoma levels of skull tenderization, but close)

Retract all of Wild Beast at Canada's Wonderland and put timber liners or millennium flyers... Or just RMC the damn thing.

Also... Isn't really a coaster, it's a flat, but hey Chance Rides, why not make a modernized, bigger, better more intense and bad@$$ ride out of the zipper? One that would could be equally as popular at parks as it is on the carnival scene? It would be amazing!

Ninja at SFOG: Refit it with Carolina Cobra restraints to remove the main issue with the ride

Scream Machine at SFOG: retracking is in order, DO NOT alter the ride itself.

Mindbender at SFOG: stop saying it has 3 inversions in press material, and make the final brake run less sudden. (either way, this coaster is awesome!)

Georgia Cyclone: light it on fire, and when it is reduced to ashes, build a better coaster.

Hurler at Carowinds: Hurler 360, anyone? (yes, really.)

Carolina Cyclone: rename it Carolina Corkscrew

Expedition Everest: make the headrests less painful. (not vekoma levels of skull tenderization, but close)

Hurler 360? NO! It's not worth it,

The first thing to come to mind would be to re-design the first drop of every B&M hyper coaster built after 1999 to mimic the first drop of Raging Bull (adjusted to size), dip and all. I realize that advancements made since Raging Bull have allowed them to design the dip out of their rides, but it's also probably a reason that they haven't come close to besting it since.I

One of the first things I think of is how little track there is after the MCBR on Shambhala, Portaventura. I think that, at the very least I would add a 540 degree helix after the MCBR like the one in Nitro or Behemoth. Oh, and I would also remove the magnetic trim and stop the chain lift from slowing down at the top as the extra bit of speed would be enough to provide more decent airtime as there are some hills (specially the first) where it's more like zero g rather than actual negative g.

I would also extend both TTD and Kingda Ka, not necessarily giving it a long layout like Millennium Force but a more compact, fast and intense one like Intimidator 305.

For me, the first lift hill on the smiler could be made vertical and feature a beyond vertical drop and the second one replaced with a short powerful launched as Gerstlauer demonstrated they can do.

As to other rides in general, I think I would ditch all trims and (when possible) MCBR which could be replaced with airtime hills, for instance.

I'll agree with another hill on MForce.

Mean Streak RMC treatment. Iron Horse that thing!

I'd replace all Intamin OTSR with B&Ms

I'd like to put an "Itamin treatment" or "B&M treatment" on some old arrows.

Like anaconda is cool, but it's so slow and rough...I'd like to put intamin track on there, keep the same basic layout but make it smoother, faster, more intense, better pace

Remove the trims on so many B&M hills

Redesign I305 finale. Remove the trims on that 3rd hill and remove next one and smoothen out the final twists. Like make it more of an "S" than abrupt twists. We could have supreme airtime and it'd lessen the neck snappage and etc!

Make Volcano longer, like instead of hitting the final brakes maybe have it come back out and spiral around the mountain.

Give hurler the RMC treatment. Need not be Iron Horse but just the topper track. I think it's a fun layout and could be decent if it was less deathy. Maybe make some of the hills smaller/add more to increase the airtime.

Oh! Keeping it at Kings Dominion. Dominator is cool but so short, after the unique start it plows right into the MCBR and it's over. Feels like such a waste of speed. After the cobra roll I'd have it go into a zero g roll, a dive loop, maybe then an inclined loop and then into the MCBR.

Take any coaster that uses the old and painful horse collars and put in the softer over-the-shoulder collars that Carowind's Carolina Cobra and Hersheypark's Sidewinder uses.

For all S&S Screaming Eagles, make the ride cycle longer.

And for the Antique Cars at Family Kingdom in Myrtle Beach, make the course longer!

SFNE Cyclone RMC treatment, because really, this thing's beyond saving in its current form.

-Heighten lift hill by 25-30 feet.

-Greatly steepen first drop and the subsequent turn and make it an overbank.

-A much sharper dip and turn on the first large turnaround.

-Turn drop from first large turnaround into a double-down.

-Turn crest of hill into second large turnaround into overbank and reduce its height.

-Make second large turnaround deeper and make the crest of the hill leading out sharper.

-No major changes to the final section, just make alterations as needed to make it wild again.

That should probably be enough unless I'm missing something.

The Boss-Millennium Flyers with a re tracking and NO barrel rolls The Boss is good as is maybe take out the helix though

Boomerang-Put the new trains on like the Carolina Cobra

Mr. Freeze-Put padding on the seats

The Ninja-Two Words describe this ride scrap and metal.

Probably already said a million times, but Mean Streak immediately comes to mind to fix up or destroy altogether. You could use the existing wood base and create something like Iron Rattler/NTG or simply use that space for something useful. Due to a lack of woodies at CP I would prefer the former option. If looking to replace it, I guess any number of things could go there.

Skyrush at Hershey: I would fix the station to improve capacity and load times, increase ride duration by extending the track.

Hydra at Dorney: I would essentially start over with the design. It is far too slow; needs more speed and should be comparable to other floorless coasters.

Dark Knight at Six Flags: Instead of a wild mouse concept, I would use an entirely different ride type for this coaster (4th Dimension or Dive coaster).

I guess I interpret ameliorate rather broadly here haha.

Topper track for ghostrider would probably make it top 10 again...such a great layout!

This certainly couldn't hurt. Sticking with Knott's I'd like to see them add on to Pony Express--just as the ride starts to become interesting, it ends.