TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

Yeah, Vekoma has recently stepped up their game in a good way. Great Nor'Easter is actually kind of fun now!

So, here's the question - everyone who had Son of Beast as their roughest coaster - what's your second-roughest?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Rattler is the worst I have ever experienced. The whole ride was nothing other than torso bruising experience. No good airtime to even make up for it.

Vekoma Boomerangs, I don't think I need to explain this one. My head, neck, and back hurt like it never hurt before.

The Flight of Fear with lap bars is still pretty bad. Being that it is in the dark, you can anticipate and again the torso gets pounded.

I gotta go with the Georgia Cyclone too. It's so rough it's barely enjoyable. Last time I went on it, I saw a little girl no more than 6 years old ride it four times in row. I'm surprised she could still walk!

I gotta go with the Georgia Cyclone too. It's so rough it's barely enjoyable. Last time I went on it, I saw a little girl no more than 6 years old ride it four times in row. I'm surprised she could still walk!

I've been on it 3x in a row this year. It would've been more if we stayed on the coaster.

I'd list these as the roughest coasters I've currently been on.

6. Flashback @ SFMM

5. Ninja @ SFSL

4. Wild Beast @ Canada's Wonderland

3. Bandit @ Movie Park Germany

2. Dragon @ Adventureland

1. Gouderix @ Parc Asterix

I just went on the Leviathan trip with TPR and I rode the top two ROUGHEST coasters I have EVER ridden! Normally, I can handle what coasters throw at me but with these I just wanted to get off!

They were:

1. Predator - Darien Lake

2. Wild Beast - Canada's Wonderland

• 2 weeks later...

I feel a need to share with you all a rather brutal experience of mine...Volare at Wiener Prater.

I forked over 4 euro and then the following happened:

-My thoughts: "Do I really need the credit THIS bad?"

-Me on the lift: "The eggbeater is cool, but if it's already vibrating going up..."

-Me down the first dip: "So far so--"

-"Volare used Bad Transition (SMACK)! It's super effective!"

-"Blue Fire Guy is afflicted with Manhattan Express Video Syndrome, he might curse profusely!"

-Me: "OW, son of a-OW!!! F**KING S**T! OWOWOW!!!"

-Me in one of the twists: "How the f**k did it get smooth agai--*SMACK*--OW!"

-My thoughts after the ride: "Why the f**k didn't I bring Advil? GOD I'm such an idiot..."

Yeah. It was REALLY bad! I don't want to see one of these as SCBB's new 2013 steel coaster. Now for a few pics...

VolareEGGBEA0001.jpg.18f8dd74d0b4bcea6b8b0d13d886bdcb.jpg

Mr. Zamperla did give us a cool lift hill, but that's the only good thing about this ride!

VolareHAPPY0001.jpg.ed0149edd493f5d3692aac16958e3576.jpg

Are you two looking forward to your ride? Good! Pin your head to one side and you *might* live through it.

VolareCONCER0001.jpg.1fb787682f82cecb60435ed7be12361d.jpg

Now THAT's more like it! ;)

VolareTD0001.jpg.ff89386428d27468c8a18a41bf8d80ee.jpg

I give this ride my thumbs down award for brutality!

Roughest coasters I remember were Joker's Jinx at Six Flags America when we visited...probably in the early thousands. At the time it had OTSR's, so lots of head banging. Another really rough one was Wildcat at Hershey...rode it once, got the credit and never again. Tennessee Tornado's getting pretty rough these days as well, but bareable.

Coney Island Cyclone has the most whiplash. It's not that bad if your sitting alone, but if your sitting with someone....

Mean Streak, the best place to ride this coaster is in the FRONT 3 CARS ONLY! I rode in the back seat and oh my GOD it was torture. It's like a constant slapping sensation in your back and its REALLY painful.

Anaconda at KD has a part that you'll potentially whack the side of your head with the restraint if you sit in the back. Once again, sit in the front and you'll have no issues!

I don't remember Sidewinder at Hershey being that painful...mainly because It was one of my favorite coasters growing up....

My roughest coasters are:

Mean Streak at Cedar Point

Mantis at Cedar Point

Corkscrew at Cedar Point

Magnum XL 200 at Cedar Point in a wheel seat (avoid all the wheel seats but the third row 1st car cause of airtime )

Gemini at Cedar Point in a wheel seat (avoid all wheel seats)

Canyon Blaster at The Great Escape (worst mine train ever!)

Steamin' Deamon at The Great Escape

Predator at Darien Lake

Cyclone at SFNE

Hercules at Dorney Park

Silver Streak at Canada's Wonderland

Wild Cat at Hersey Park

Wild Cat at Lake Compounce

Pegasus at MT. Olympus

Hades at MT. Olympus (love the ride)

Voyage at Holiday World (love the ride)

Anaconda at Kings Dominion

Hurler at Kings Dominion

Hyper Sonic XLC at Kings Dominion

Villain at Geauga Lake

Raging Wolf Bobs at Geauga Lake

Le Cobra at La Ronde

High Speed Thrill Coaster at Knoebels

Any Boomerang without the new trains

Any SLC without the new trains

Gemini-----rough

The only part that was rough (for me) was about 1/2 through the final helix. They need to fix that bump.

I think i'm the only one on TPR who mean streak. Just DON'T put your back agaist the seat in a valley, that WILL mess you up.

^Gemini overall isn't rough it is just in the wheel seat (3rd row of each car). Also I did find out that on PTC trains that if you avoid sitting in a wheel seat and keep your back off the seat back for the whole ride, it can make Mean Streak or any other rough woodie GOOD! The seat back must vibrate and that vibration hurts your back.

^Gemini overall isn't rough it is just in the wheel seat (3rd row of each car). Also I did find out that on PTC trains that if you avoid sitting in a wheel seat and keep your back off the seat back for the whole ride, it can make Mean Streak or any other rough woodie GOOD! The seat back must vibrate and that vibration hurts your back.

I only ride in the front seat on Gemini, NEVER experiencd any real problems there. Magnum is rough on the trims (on any seat) before the pretzel turn.

Corkscrew needs some TLC, those Corkscrews hurt like hell due to the restraints. I can't even imagine how Revolution feels at MM. Corkscrew needs some new OTSR.

I'm very sad to report that Hoosier Hurricane at Indiana Beach has now entered my "just about too rough/poorly maintained to ride" list.

It was just fine up until about 2 years ago. New owners. Rumor is that unless something is dangerous, they are not touching it. Shame. It was never a top 5 ride, but it was a staple. One of the best views/routes of any coaster. Simple and fast as lightnin, never ever rough. tsk tsk tsk...

What is "TLC"? Sorry, but I just don't know. Are wheel seats only the back rows on Magnum/Gemini or are they the front too?

TLC stands for "tender, loving care." I don't know for sure about Gemini and Magnum, but I assume each car has wheels only in the back (except for the first car, of course).