TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also would like to chime in support for doing both days. I did both last year and thought that knotts put sfmm to shame with all of the extras and extra fun that we had. Tpr quest was worth the trip all by itself. If you can manage it, I would also reccomend a trip to disneyland while you are at it.

In my opinion, SFMM is the better day if you just want to ride coasters, but Knott's tends to beat it in every other area of the event. I had more fun at SFMM in 2010, in 2011 both days were about equal, but last year Knott's blew SFMM away.

Also realize that it rained during the Knott's WCB day in both 2011 and 2012. Even with poor weather Knott's put on an amazing day for us. Now that the event is in September we should have a better chance of having nice weather both days!

Yeah, all I've heard is how Knotts is far better (and really is this a shocker) just Im trying to balance being a coaster nut, with seeing other people and Cali itself, ya know? Only got so much time and $$!

I made the painful choice of just SFMM for the sake of coasters but well see! Plenty of time still, kinda, maybe I'll run into a bucket of money and can do it all

Must one register for the WCB to attend if so how can I register?

Yes, you have to register and buy tickets before the event, we do NOT sell tickets the day of. The event should go on sale soon so keep an eye out!

• 4 weeks later...
Bought my plane ticket already. Hope I don't miss out on an event ticket!

Just booked my flight as well, so in the same boat. SO excited, will be my first trip to california.

There should be enough event tickets to go around, don't worry! I've actually been getting the final pricing information from the parks this week so look for tickets to go on sale in the next week or so!

(crosses fingers!)

There should be enough event tickets to go around, don't worry! I've actually been getting the final pricing information from the parks this week so look for tickets to go on sale in the next week or so!

(crosses fingers!)

Hope it's affordable!

Ah screw it, of course it will be, just have to live in poverty for a month or two, or three, after!

• 2 weeks later...
The suspence is killing me.

Indeed! Especially with plane tix and rental car being well within my budget, surprisingly cheap. I was 99% on this trip, waiting on Robb for prices but now that I see how cheap it is overall, Im a definite. I cant imagine the WCB being terribly expensive

Stoked

I was checking flights from Pittsburgh, 9/6-9/10 and Delta is only 250 roundtrip. Might have to book this trip today

Yeah I was surprised how cheap a round trip was on United, this is great! Booking this Friday

The bigger pain may be the rental car (making a trip of it and shuttling between San Fran and LA) at least I'll be 25 by then, should knock a couple hundred bucks off...those things are expensive!