TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

Bit the bullet?

I'll be missing the first week of class! lol I almost contemplated nixing this trip, then I smartened up

Bit the Silver Bullet (yes, Knott's coaster reference). But yea, I finally made the decision to move forward with WCB as I have a pretty solid travel plan. I can figure out lodging in the coming weeks, but needed to secure my spot as who knows when spots will run out (my biggest worry).

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I expect some kind of mail confirming the tickets? (not talking about the previous 'Your Theme Park Review Order' mail). Cause I paid a few days ago but I didn't receive anything else... Just asking.

I've never done Bash but I assume it works like the Bay Area Weekend a couple years ago. With that, once you placed your order (and I printed everything just in case), that's it. As it draws closer to the event I received an email showing the finalized details of the event. When it came to arriving at the park, I just checked in and got my tickets there. The "Your Theme Park Review" order was a sufficient-enough confirmation for me, combined with my Paypal transaction receipt

Yup, my paypal just cleared and the $64 is out of my account so I'm taking that as I'm good to go!

For the Kings Dominion trip I just emailed Robb asking to verify that he recieved the payment, which he did and thus I was in, was quite nice about it as well.

But yeah, once the payment clears all you need to do is wait patiently!

All I need is the rental car and this entire CA trip is good, I love how its double the price of my plane tickets, and I will be 25 by then to boot! Sheesh.

But I probably won't make it out here again for who knows. I'm actually tempted to buy the KBF tix to get morning ERT then leave like an hour into the real day for the Airport to head home

So looking forward to this trip haven't been to SFMM since NFL Superbowl of 2007 or 2008. I'm hoping Lex Luthor is back running with all other rides. I really want to see what that 400ft feels and looks like.

Question for the vets, any benefit to going to morning ERT vs night ERT at either park?

Yeah kudos for Robb and TPR, ERT on pretty much the 4 I wanted, plus Lex Luthor and Full Throttle just to boot. Epic.

Is it known yet what coasters will be at each ERT? Im hoping all the rides will be available for the morning because IDK if I can make it all the way...I petered out before making night ERT at Kings Dominion lol though it wont be 95 for this one I hope

Also I am staying with a friend in South Bay, near the port. Not sure exactly where that is yet but how long should I give myself to drive from there to SFMM? I've heard about that infamous LA traffic, especially on a Saturday. I don't wanna trust google maps and I heard it may need like 2 hours?? Even at the time of the morning we'd be leaving at?

Also I am staying with a friend in South Bay, near the port. Not sure exactly where that is yet but how long should I give myself to drive from there to SFMM? I've heard about that infamous LA traffic, especially on a Saturday. I don't wanna trust google maps and I heard it may need like 2 hours?? Even at the time of the morning we'd be leaving at?

It sounds like you'll be in the San Pedro/Long Beach area, near the Port of Los Angeles? If so, then I can't see you needing 2 full hours. If the park opens at 10:30, and ERT starts, say, 1.5 hours before, and you arrive to check-in 30 minutes before that, you'd be aiming to arrive at SFMM around 8:30am. If you leave yourself 1.5 hours, you should be good. The freeways should be pretty much empty at that hour in the morning on a Saturday. Google Maps says it should only take 1 hour, but an extra 30 minutes couldn't hurt. Yes, LA has horrific traffic, but I doubt it'll be bad early on a Saturday morning. See you at the Bash!

Is it known yet what coasters will be at each ERT? Im hoping all the rides will be available for the morning because IDK if I can make it all the way...I petered out before making night ERT at Kings Dominion lol though it wont be 95 for this one I hope

Just so you know, temperatures are typically in the 90s at SFMM in September, and the park is neither small nor flat. However, humidity is not usually an issue and the park closes at 6 P.M. Just stay hydrated and don't rush around the park, and you'll be fine. If it is anything like last year, expect half the rides in the morning and half in the evening, and if you don't think you'll make it just wait in line. Schools will be back in session so I doubt it will be terribly crowded (although it won't be dead).

You don't need two hours. For reference, I live in south Orange County and have made it to the park in an hour and a half to an hour and forty-five minutes for previous WCB events. Early morning and late night on weekends are the rare times that LA freeways are somewhat empty, so unless there's a freeway closure or major accident you should easily be able to make it in 90 minutes or less.

I'll be purchasing tickets next week as soon as I find out which day(s) my family members want tickets for. My brother said tentatively Knott's only, but I need to check with my dad and sister.

^Lately it seems like every freeway in so cal experiences closures on the weekends and nights/early mornings, so I would give the two hour cushion just to play it safe.

Yeah learned my lesson the hard way, always more time than you can imagine needing. Like having to haul @$$ to make it to KD, the locals I stayed with later said "oops yeah we forgot to mention the horrible beach traffic"

Sounds like 2 hours though should be plenty, barring something totally unforseen seems like that would be truly more than enough. I'll be coming from Harbor City btw.

Thanks for all the tips guys, supremely helpful. SF, PCH, LA and SF:MM is going to rock, I just wish I had more time to take off for it all.

Yeah kudos for Robb and TPR, ERT on pretty much the 4 I wanted, plus Lex Luthor and YOLOcoaster just to boot. Epic.

While the schedule is always subject to change and it has NOT been finalized yet, at the moment it's looking like YOLO, Luther and Goliath in the morning and X2, Tatsu, and Apocalypse at night.

Keep in mind the park is only open until 9pm that night, so you should be able to make it!

Yeah kudos for Robb and TPR, ERT on pretty much the 4 I wanted, plus Lex Luthor and YOLOcoaster just to boot. Epic.

While the schedule is always subject to change and it has NOT been finalized yet, at the moment it's looking like YOLO, Luther and Goliath in the morning and X2, Tatsu, and Apocalypse at night.

Keep in mind the park is only open until 9pm that night, so you should be able to make it!

Gotcha, and fair point!

Goliath is perhaps the one I look forward to most! Possibly Tatsu.

Does SFMM ever open the park a bit before official opening? Because I'm thinking of heading to X2 right as ERT is ending so I can beat the crowds to it when it opens up.

^ If I were you, i'd start either running there when it get's close to 10:30. So if you're at Full Throttle, i'd say leave at like 10:15 as they do let people in early that have Six Flags Gold passes and leave a little earlier if you're over by Luther or Goliath.

Hey Robb -

Best guess, do I still have a couple weeks to buy my tix, I'd like to wait til the billing cycle flips on my cc, or is the SFMM day in danger of selling out before then. Thanks

Hello Everyone, I am looking forward to this years' West Coast Bash, but I may be attending alone :[. Is there any way anyone would like to meet up or make new friends before the event, this is my first time going to West Coast Bash and I want to make it a a weekend to remember!