TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official WEST COAST BASH 2013 Thread!

Oh the suspense is killer I check this board everyday for an update

I've never been on one of these before thus I have the following questions:

1. Does a ticket include hotel stay?

2. Does a ticket include transportation?

3. Does a ticket include food beyond what may be served at the park(s)?

4. Will this include a trip to SFMM's Water Park?

5. If a ticket does no include a hotel stay any recommended area(s) for an overnight stay?

Oh yeah are we there yet?

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. No

2. No

3. Usually includes at least 1 buffet style meal. Nothing exciting, grilled items, potatoes, etc. Had an add-on option for a Mooseburger meal as well.

4. It hasn't in the past, but no details from this year have been released. I'm guessing no based on the date.

5. Lots of good hotels around Valencia. Just use the website of your choice, and I'm sure you'll find something.

5. If a ticket does no include a hotel stay any recommended area(s) for an overnight stay?

For Six Flags Magic Mountain, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express across the street:

http://www.ihg.com/priorityclub/hotels/us/en/valencia/vacca/hoteldetail

If you're doing the Knott's part, you can't do too much better than the Knott's Hotel:

https://reservations.knottshotel.com/knotts/?requestType=promotionCode&code=EASYPAY

Hmm...I can't seem to find my previous bids, but I'd start low at around $60 for 3.5 stars. Since you still have a lot of time till the event, I'd just slowly increase my bid each day till I get an offer.

Once I get around to figuring out if I'm going or not, I'll post my bidding pattern on here.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you usually bid to get those places for wcb? I have to do this pretty soon myself and don't want to over bid or stay in some flea bag motel.

Last time I went to Knott's for Knott's Scary I used Priceline to book a room for the night. I bided $50 (comes to $64 with taxes and fees) for a three star hotel near the park and I got the Courtyard Marriott which was less than two blocks from the park. We were able to walk over to the park and avoided paying for parking. This Courtyard was really nice (if you been to a Courtyard you know most of them are really nice) and really convenient. I'll will be driving down to SFMM from the Central Coast very early in the morning and will most likely drive straight to Buena Park after the day at SFMM and stay at a hotel by Knott's so I don't have to drive to Knott's in the morning (LA traffic is much smoother at night). I will be using Priceline again, hopefully I get lucky like last time and get the same hotel.

^I typically priceline my hotel for WCB. I typically end up with either the Courtyard Santa Clarita Valencia or the Hyatt Regency Valencia.

My family has also had really good luck with finding great deals for a room at the Hyatt Regency Valencia. Although, it might be a few minutes away from the park, rather than across the street, the area around the hotel is really nice.

So I booked my flight, hotel and car for WCB. I'm very excited since I haven't been to this area of Cali in many years. For you locals, how are the crowd levels at DL/DCA? (going on Monday Sept 9th) I'm assuming decent since most schools are in and its not really a vacation time.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you usually bid to get those places for wcb? I have to do this pretty soon myself and don't want to over bid or stay in some flea bag motel.

Last time I went to Knott's for Knott's Scary I used Priceline to book a room for the night. I bided $50 (comes to $64 with taxes and fees) for a three star hotel near the park and I got the Courtyard Marriott which was less than two blocks from the park. We were able to walk over to the park and avoided paying for parking. This Courtyard was really nice (if you been to a Courtyard you know most of them are really nice) and really convenient. I'll will be driving down to SFMM from the Central Coast very early in the morning and will most likely drive straight to Buena Park after the day at SFMM and stay at a hotel by Knott's so I don't have to drive to Knott's in the morning (LA traffic is much smoother at night). I will be using Priceline again, hopefully I get lucky like last time and get the same hotel.

That Courtyard is typically our hotel of choice for Knott's whether it's for Haunt or WCB. Stayed there last year for WCB and it was great.

I even stayed there for the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon weekend last year since I was spending most of the previous day at Knott's. Very nice hotel.

WEST COAST BASH TICKETS NOW ON SALE!!!

Click: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

West Coast Bash 2013 - Six Flags Magic Mountain - Saturday Sept 7th

YOLO!!!!

- ERT on Full Throttle! YOLOcoaster!!!

- ERT on Lex Luthor!

- ERT on X2!

- ERT on Tatsu!

- ERT on Apocalypse!

- ERT on Goliath!

- Day and Night ERT!

- Breakfast!

- Lunch!

- YOLO!!!

Event Ticket Prices

Club TPR Member rates:

Six Flags Season Pass Holder - $47

Non-Season Pass Holder - $57

Non Club TPR Member rates:

Six Flags Season Pass Holder - $52

Non-Season Pass Holder - $62

YOLO Event T-Shirt - $12 ($15 for XXL)

West Coast Bash 2013 - Knott's Berry Farm - Sunday Sept 8th

- ERT on Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, Montezooma's Revenge, Coast Rider, Log Flume and MORE!

- Morning ERT!

- Night ERT!

- Park Management Q&A Presentation!

- Lunch!

- West Coast Bash Knott's T-Shirt

- Log Flume Backstage Tour!

- Construction Walk-Through of Haunt Mazes!

- Halloween Haunt Presentation!

- TPR Quest!

- GET EXCITED!!!

Event Ticket Prices

Club TPR Member rates:

Knott's Berry Farm Season Pass Holder - $35

Non-Season Pass Holder (adults) - $63

Non-Season Pass Holder (kids 3-11) - $54

Non Club TPR Member rates:

Knott's Berry Farm Season Pass Holder - $40

Non-Season Pass Holder (adults) - $68

Non-Season Pass Holder (kids 3-11) - $59

Pricing includes the Knott's WCB event T-Shirt!

Excellent!!! This looks like it will be a great event, especially the Knott's day. I'm planning to attend both days, but I'll need to see what everyone else I'm bringing with me wants to do. Hopefully tickets don't sell out too quickly, as I might not be able to get mine until late July (although I don't think the event has ever sold out in two weeks).

Ouch!! Those prices especially for Knotts are a little outrageous to me. The struggling economy is kicking our butts real bad.

I actually think the prices are very, very, very reasonable for everything they include. The CLUB TPR price for Knott's is about equivalent with a ticket purchased at the gate and includes not only admission, but ERT, lunch, a t-shirt, backstage tours, a special presentation, and probably more surprises if past events are anything to go by.

Edited by rcdude

From a non-Club TPR member's/non KBF pass holder's perspective, while it initially seems 'steep' I would still go for it anyway...T-shirt included, bonus perks not included with general park admission...in the end, seems worth the cost to me!

Edited by Angry_Gumball

Ouch!! Those prices especially for Knotts are a little outrageous to me. The struggling economy is kicking our butts real bad.

What's funny about you saying that is that the KBF non-season pass price is actually $2 CHEAPER than last years event, and the SFMM event is $2 more expensive.

Personally, for what Knott's is giving us for that price (all the tours, presentations, T-Shirt, ERT, etc), that's a GREAT value, especially if you're a season pass holder!

West Coast Bash 2013 - Six Flags Magic Mountain - Saturday Sept 7th

YOLO!!!!

- ERT on YOLOcoaster! YOLOcoaster!!!

- ERT on Lex Luthor!

- ERT on X2!

- ERT on Tatsu!

- ERT on Apocalypse!

- ERT on Goliath!

- Day and Night ERT!

- Breakfast!

- Lunch!

- YOLO!!!

SFMM will still do a Q&A correct?

Just registered and am now very excited for my first ever TPR event!

I do have a question though: On the "customer information" page I entered in all my information, name, email, TPR screen name, etc. However, the PayPal part was all under my dad's name, he was pretty cool with it and we planned for this ever since WCB 2013 was announced earlier this year. Is there any problem with this?