TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you asked for it!

You have to have 3 or less doughnuts, a regular scratch card available, and the Springfield Downs race ready. We did it with just 2 doughnuts. Make sure the Springfield downs and Kwik-E-Mart are very close by. Bet a race, it doesn't matter which one, then very quickly go to Kwik-E-Mart and scratch a regular card. DO NOT collect the money, but just wait. After the dog race finishes (you won't get any message), the scratch card will reset as if you never scratched it. Go ahead and scratch it and collect the money. You should now have -3 doughnuts. You can buy as many premium items as you want, and it will start deducting the doughnuts. For example, if you buy a 100 doughnut item, it will show -100 on your doughnut count. When you leave the game and go back in, it resets your doughnuts to 0, but you still have everything.

I have a bunch of doughnuts still from the Harp Glitch, but I don't think I want to take a chance and use them all. Plus, I don't know what the repercussions from EA may be. However, you're not actually hacking the game, or doing anything technically illegal, but it's up to you whether or not you want to take a chance!

Holy crap it worked! Just got every premium item and character that there is available (plus rushed all of the "big" items like the magnifying glass, skyscraper and elevator) bought every single piece of land and left myself with $10 million. -142065 donuts lol which would have cost me $23,559 real dollars. But I'm pretty sure I also just completely ruined the game for myself. Oh well, I'll start making my Springfield pretty tomorrow and we'll see if EA catches on and can do anything about it.

I just don't know what EA plans to do about all of these glitches that are making the game so unfair!

I've been saving up since the escalator and still am not at the $3 million required for the magnifying glass.

Grrr!!!

I gave in... I didn't do as much damage as I could have, as I still want to work towards something, but I basically gave myself all the characters available, the elevator, and built some houses so that I can grow money. I left myself back with just a little more money than I used the cheat for... I don't totally want to rip them off, but I was having such a difficult time catching up to everything.

Wow, that really worked.

I got to say it, even though it is a glitch, cheating really ruins the game.

I used it to grab some of the higher-priced donut items. I've shelled out enough real money on donuts that I feel OK with this. But I agree, using it to speed up everything and grab all the items would definitely take the enjoyment out of the game.

Anyone else having a hard time logging in today?

I can't log in at all, but I do think it's my fault. Due to my not playing as much, I tore down a bunch of my blue houses (250 or so), and filled all the empty spaces with white and orange houses. They are all 24hr builds, ending tonight about 7pm.

I think I overloaded the memory.

I got to say it, even though it is a glitch, cheating really ruins the game.

I used it to grab some of the higher-priced donut items. I've shelled out enough real money on donuts that I feel OK with this. But I agree, using it to speed up everything and grab all the items would definitely take the enjoyment out of the game.

Same. I was getting so frustrated with going no where within the game, that I just used it to grab some land and higher priced items. I was getting to the point of dropping the game because I couldn't secure money. I feel more invested now to the game, and I still have a few things I want to work towards to attain. I agree, cheating does ruin things, but I was ready to drop it anyway. The thing I hate are some of the seasonal items that go away, I was never able to get.

Ok. Lesson learned.

Do NOT attempt to try and build 240 houses simultaneously!!!

In my efforts today after reading possible/probable causes, I deleted all my non-TPR friends (incl Amy by mistake!!) trying to free up the memory, to no avail.

Anway, I'm back into the game now with no problems. Once the 24hr build period was over for a majority of the houses, apparently it freed up the memory, and the game has played smoothly ever since.

I took down about 220 (of 852) blue houses, and put up 174 white houses, and 64 orange ones. Reason being - whenever I turn on the game, I want to harvest houses. Yeah, it cost a crapload, but the money does come fast! (About 450k+ per day) I was just tired of trying to harvest all the blue houses every 8hrs, as it takes about 25-30mins to harvest all that. That's just too much time to spend anymore.

Before this fiasco, I was at 5.6mil (on my way to 10mil+) and decided to change gears. I spent 40 donuts on a second cop car for the extra 2%. But, I've added 15 donuts back by rolling over 5 times in an hour (and paying for 3 donuts when I didn't get it). I don't remember what the XP was for the white houses after the build was complete, but the orange houses were 3752 XP, per house!!

So now, I'm going to slowly convert blue houses to orange and white ones to get a good mix as the $$ builds up (about 30 at a time).

This "downtime" between updates still keeps it kind of interesting for me.

JJ

I had trouble logging in throughout yesterday afternoon, so I put it aside for a while. I tried logging in again late last night to no avail, then was prompted for my password, which I typed in, and it looked like things were gonna be okay. Next thing I know, the game is starting from the very beginning and I'm left with Homer standing there alone. Wonderful.

I was going along just fine around level 12, I think, but all seems lost at this point. Oh well, tough to complain about a free game. It was fun while it lasted.

Jeff, I tried visiting your town a day or two ago. It kept crashing my game. . Beemer, double check that you are actually logged into your account when playing. I bet you are actually logged in as a guest. That would explain why everything started over. It is actually easy to accidently do this.

Edited by Erik Johnson

Jeff, I tried visiting your town a day or two ago. It kept crashing my game.

Try again now. It was my fault for the massive house building I was doing. It seems to be fine now. I just need to replace/upgrade my blue houses in smaller groups. (About 30 at a time vs. 200+)

As a side note - with the additional white houses, I harvested 202k this morning!

I HATE SLUMS!!!!!!

I completely understand. I'm just trying to make a crapload of $$, so I'll be ready for whatever updates await us in the future.

When I do something cool (Like Joey's boxing ring, his Try-n-Save, his beachfront resort, Derek's Burns Manor etc...) I'll post a screen shot.

For me, most likely it'll huge Burns Manor project that I still have in mind.

I had trouble logging in throughout yesterday afternoon, so I put it aside for a while. I tried logging in again late last night to no avail, then was prompted for my password, which I typed in, and it looked like things were gonna be okay. Next thing I know, the game is starting from the very beginning and I'm left with Homer standing there alone. Wonderful.

I was going along just fine around level 12, I think, but all seems lost at this point. Oh well, tough to complain about a free game. It was fun while it lasted.

I would try logging in and out again, and if you have more than one iOS device, try it on those as well. I know I had that once, but it was just the servers being stupid and my town came back a few days later. You can always restart as well, and when you get the racetrack use the glitch to catch up to where you were before since they screwed you.

^Ditto!

Level 27 with the Buddhist temple (quest), the adult education annex (quest) and Mt. Carlmore (120 donuts). Mt. Carlmore also gives 3.5% bonus on $$ and XP.

At least it's something new.

Edit: The Buddhist temple also gives you Lenny and Carl.