TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Simpsons Tapped Out

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Societies or SimCity 4?

I honestly haven't had too many dramas with the new one but the local servers probably aren't as crowded as those in North America and Europe.

Back on topic - St Patrick's Day update is pretty cool. I like the green water, wonder if they'll do anything based on the episode where Bart gets drunk?

Yeah, done with this special event, which seemed pretty simplistic considering all the other things they could have done (had the leprechaun hide his pot of gold in neighbors towns, shamrock bucks and more decorations, etc). I didn't bother buying the wishing well, may do so if there's a discount from Gil coming up, but I'm glad we got another character and building in the pub. At least it was better than the Thanksgiving stuff! Not sure if they'll do Easter or not considering they're running out of time with Easter less than 3 weeks away this year. I'm bored, ready for the next update and to move on to Level 27, saving up for Magnifying Glass and then Popsicle Stick Skyscraper, and reorganizing my downtown while I wait.

Logged in on my iPad, got the dialogue about the new episode and character, started tapping to collect my stuff, got the level up donut game and THE HARP OF DEATH SHOWED UP.

Now over on my iPhone5 doing the thing just letting it run as some people say it takes 15 minutes to three hours but will magically start working again?

Hope so, also hoping for the crazy amounts of donuts people with the glitch have gotten.

Has anyone actually done the infinite doughnut glitch with Springfield downs and the scratchers? One of Amy's co-workers has the Android Simpsons, and he got a similar glitch where he has unlimited money and doughnuts.

EDIT: Nevermind, my buddy just did it in front of me and it absolutely works. I won't be risking my post-Harp doughnuts, but it does work!

Edited by jray21

^ Have patience in the money flow. Harvest as often as possible. What I've ended up doing is cramming a lot of my stuff together for now. Every time I had enough money to buy a new piece of land, I did. Then I filled it with 8 blue houses. You can harvest them every 8 hours. With the % bonuses, I'm now getting $219/house, every 8 hours. I have now (as of last saturday) bought every piece of land available. I was down to $46. Today (6 days later) I have over 3.7mil. That's harvesting and doing mostly 12hr tasks in the am, then about 9pm, I set everyone for 8hr tasks. (Granted that's 852 blue houses, and about 100 others.)

So I now generate about 600k+ every day, along with about 45k of XP. That helps me rollover about every 2.5 days, and I still can't get the damned "HARP OF DEATH"!!

Next on my list is the magnifying glass (3mil), but I want to get a stockpile of cash (10mil) before I go back and start making the rest of my town look nice.

For reference, I've only been playing since mid-November.

I had all my buildings done so some people that claimed it had to do with Ralph and/or the Chemestri restaurant are wrong.

It happens when you fake level up, meaning you get the donut game since there is not a higher level at this time.

Other than that, it seems to be quite random as I've fake leveled up a few times since this glitch as been out and just got it yesterday. Robb and KT have NOT gotten the glitch. Some people get it more than once!?!?

Ok, you asked for it!

You have to have 3 or less doughnuts, a regular scratch card available, and the Springfield Downs race ready. We did it with just 2 doughnuts. Make sure the Springfield downs and Kwik-E-Mart are very close by. Bet a race, it doesn't matter which one, then very quickly go to Kwik-E-Mart and scratch a regular card. DO NOT collect the money, but just wait. After the dog race finishes (you won't get any message), the scratch card will reset as if you never scratched it. Go ahead and scratch it and collect the money. You should now have -3 doughnuts. You can buy as many premium items as you want, and it will start deducting the doughnuts. For example, if you buy a 100 doughnut item, it will show -100 on your doughnut count. When you leave the game and go back in, it resets your doughnuts to 0, but you still have everything.

I have a bunch of doughnuts still from the Harp Glitch, but I don't think I want to take a chance and use them all. Plus, I don't know what the repercussions from EA may be. However, you're not actually hacking the game, or doing anything technically illegal, but it's up to you whether or not you want to take a chance!

I got the harp glitch by overload. If you start the game it is still loading if you enter springfield. It is a bit lacking but then speeds up. I still like to start doing things in that timeframe. I got the glitch in this. Finished a building, got dialoge and donut game because of going round all at the same time.

This and the story about the scratch cards lets me think the game has a problem with handling a certain amount of data at the same time. I am guessing that if you want the glitch to happen, you need to try to do as much as possible at the same time you will roll over the xp bar into the donut game.

Thanks! I just got mine. I'm really getting bored with the game. They definitely need to do another big update, and increase the amount of levels. I do like the free doughnuts, but it just seems to be lagging with no new level.